Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Porta sci program removal thread
(05-04-2021, 11:02 AM)Varali Wrote: I heavily disagree with nobody caring about you on RP...

From my experience, people who can do something about it aren't willing to.  Several times I've ended up in the void accidentally and the most I got to help each time was an officer or two who came in (I'm willing to believe I wouldn't of gotten that much if I wasn't HoS during those rounds), began to realize just how fucked they were, and then proceed to die, usually leaving me to either starve to death or get eaten by the same thing that ate them.

On the plus side, I now know how to escape the void alone.
I think if were going to make the port a sci less accessible, we should at least buff it

An intresting idea could be making it like a miniature telescience lab if you have the remote (sorry AI) so its even more TARDIS-y
On first examination, I didn't like this change, but after playing a few rounds with it I think it's a good thing. Mostly because it encourages mechanics to actually do their job by scanning the port-a-sci remote. I do think removing the program from AI is a bit inconvenient, but it does prevent the AI from teleporting revs into security or security into a bolted room, which is a very good thing.
(05-05-2021, 03:54 PM)Rilor Wrote: I think if were going to make the port a sci less accessible, we should at least buff it

An intresting idea could be making it like a miniature telescience lab if you have the remote (sorry AI) so its even more TARDIS-y

What if... you could save 1 set of telesci coordinates into the PDA program in place of the summon function?

It might make adventure zone kidnapping a bit too good of a strategy though...
It's not possible to set the home tile on adventure z levels currently right?
the ai should get a special un-copyable old port-a-sci program so they can do the various AI port-a-sci shenanigans like they used to
(05-09-2021, 11:11 AM)coolvape Wrote: the ai should get a special un-copyable old port-a-sci program so they can do the various AI port-a-sci shenanigans like they used to

i enjoyed being a taxi service frown