Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dont Allow Emotes While Knocked Out
I feel like this should get some attention because these kind of things ruin rounds I mean, one time I knocked out a guy with neurotoxin sting and even a few pills of other knockout poison, he was fully knocked out but he kept spamming teh scream emote while in a freaking coma, and no longer sec found me and beat me to death. People shouldn't be able to use emotes while knocked out, you don't go to a hospital and hear people in deep comas screaming at the top of their lungs and talking, it doesn't allow custom emotes but you can still do a lot with hotkeys like screaming. I feel like this could ruin many antag's rounds just because someones smart enough to meta emote using scream. I actually just submitted this thread after recentely getting a changeling round ruined cus this has got to be fixed. Just putting this out there, it seems like a small thing but it can ruin someones round with no rule being there against using this.
I can agree that ctrl+S (Scream) should be disabled while unconscious. ctrl+G (Gasp) should be disabled while strangled, since they actually aren't breathing.
I don't know the code for it but suicide hold breath has no breathing, and you aren't gasping unless you do the gasp command.

If thats done, then a changeling who is draining a victim has to strangle (Aggressive grab) to start their drain ability, so said person is unable to scream from being unconscious and unable to gasp because they're strangled.

Vampire also sort of doubles up on this, since hypnotizing someone knocks them out, and you honestly really should be strangling them while draining, if you at least intend to kill.
Sounds like a bug or something. USUALLY KOed people can't emote at all.
Oh wait. Changeling? Might have been the automatic scream that happens when you are eating someone and their limb pops off or something. You said it was just constant screaming? That's weird.
(04-07-2021, 08:00 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Sounds like a bug or something. USUALLY KOed people can't emote at all.
Oh wait. Changeling? Might have been the automatic scream that happens when you are eating someone and their limb pops off or something. You said it was just constant screaming? That's weird.

Yeah I was a changeling, I gave the person my neurotoxic sting and even a few hundred units of neurotoxin from pills to ensure his knockout, but I even recorded it and it was like super loud screaming and constant, he screamed for an extremely long time, I think he said that he did the emote, might not be a bug. Either way it ruined my round and I died early :/ .
yea while your knocked out you can ctrl s and your character screams. its really uncool, if im a vampire and draining someone while they do that i dont thrawl them.
(04-07-2021, 08:00 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Sounds like a bug or something.

This is correct, based on what a dev said after noticing this thread.
I looked out emote code a few months ago to see about fixing this and sleeping while dead but it looks tricky, emotes are kinda weird. I'm sure someone will be able to do it.
(04-07-2021, 10:16 PM)Studenterhue Wrote:

If this is confirmed as a bug does that mean anyone who uses this to screw over vampires and changelings should be ahelped for exploit abuse?
Can we make an exception for farting while unconscious?
(04-08-2021, 01:42 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:

If this is confirmed as a bug does that mean anyone who uses this to screw over vampires and changelings should be ahelped for exploit abuse?
Yeah because I even said in dead chat that it was a bit petty for that guy to do that, ruined my round, should be included in the rules.

(04-08-2021, 03:22 AM)Mouse Wrote: Can we make an exception for farting while unconscious?

I actually tested it recentely, while unconcious you can bug it out by spamminf f to fart and you wont fart, but in a few seconds it will constantly fart super loud and like a machine gun lol, could also be used for this, any emote that makes sounds shouldnt be used.

Thing is, if it's a bug it means it's constant because it doesn't happen every once in a while, whenever you're knocked out you can test it, it always works meaning if it is a bug, it should be fixed since it's not a rare bug.
(04-08-2021, 01:42 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: If this is confirmed as a bug does that mean anyone who uses this to screw over vampires and changelings should be ahelped for exploit abuse?

That's correct. On a similar note, we also recommend ahelping people who use custom emotes to bypass being made mute.
(04-08-2021, 12:57 PM)Cyberjamus Wrote: Thing is, if it's a bug it means it's constant because it doesn't happen every once in a while, whenever you're knocked out you can test it, it always works meaning if it is a bug, it should be fixed since it's not a rare bug.
Sorry, can you reword that? I don't think I quite get what you're saying.
(04-08-2021, 01:54 PM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 01:42 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: If this is confirmed as a bug does that mean anyone who uses this to screw over vampires and changelings should be ahelped for exploit abuse?

That's correct. On a similar note, we also recommend ahelping people who use custom emotes to bypass being made mute.
(04-08-2021, 12:57 PM)Cyberjamus Wrote: Thing is, if it's a bug it means it's constant because it doesn't happen every once in a while, whenever you're knocked out you can test it, it always works meaning if it is a bug, it should be fixed since it's not a rare bug.
Sorry, can you reword that? I don't think I quite get what you're saying.
I meant that bugs usually happen rarely or every now and then like you can glitch out when flying in a game ect., but this bug is constant as in whenever you're knocked out, you can always use this exploit, so it's more of a very easy to use exploit than a bug. It doesn't really matter lol now that I think about it, I was just throwing a cent in.
"spamminf f to fart and you wont fart, but in a few seconds it will constantly fart super loud and like a machine gun"
Hilarious.