Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MERGED PR] Remove some spy theft delivery areas
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE][INPUT]

About the PR
Removes a number of spy areas that are unreasonably difficult to access.

Why's this needed?
There is no relationship between reward and area so you can be asked to deliver to the armory for a banana grenade. Maps are inconsistent in the difficulty of accessing areas and the usage of areas.

/area/station/medical/asylum
Outside of the clown room (which is not an asylum area) getting in and out of the asylum is a fair bit of tedious effort breaking walls/tables. This has very low chance of interacting with any crew and is just tedious. The clown room will still be selected as a destination so there will be occasional trips over there.

/area/station/turret_protected/ai
/area/station/turret_protected/AIsat
AI core areas that tend to be always monitored by AI viewports and have active turrets.
Maps vary significantly in these areas.

/area/station/engine/singcore
Yes, deliver to the singularity...

/area/station/engine/combustion_chamber
Yes, deliver to a raging inferno...

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Flappybat
(*)Removed some spy delivery locations: Asylum, AI core, singularity core and combustion chamber.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I mean with the proper tools no place is unreasonable to get into. If you are a spy you should have tools on hand to break into ANYWHERE.
true, is area access difficult accounted when deciding bounty award? because if not it should
(03-23-2021, 04:17 PM)Rilor Wrote: true, is area access difficult accounted when deciding bounty award?  because if not it should

It's not and this would be a pain with how inconsistent maps are in area marking.
It wouldn't be impossible to do easy-medium-hard based off public access, department and secure areas but areas can be very inconsistent across maps.
Again as per my other thread, spies are not very popular and having situations where it tells you to break into sec for a banana grenade does not help this.

I think we could keep /area/station/security although I'd like to remove the HoS office and Brigs.
I don't like the AI areas as I feel they are actually watched more closely than the armory. The armory is difficult because on most maps now there is an active NARCS, the exteriors have been toughened with wall placements and turrets so you have to go through sec.

(03-23-2021, 02:47 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I mean with the proper tools no place is unreasonable to get into. If you are a spy you should have tools on hand to break into ANYWHERE.

I'd be happier to spawn all spies with omnitool and agent card but I don't think it would get in.
(03-23-2021, 04:17 PM)Rilor Wrote: true, is area access difficult accounted when deciding bounty award? because if not it should

This sounds like a better idea. Yes there are some differences in map layouts, but generally I'd say the "difficulty" in breaking into areas such as sec, armory, etc is not so much about how mechanically difficult it is to get into these areas, but rather what you risk by breaking into them.

Compare breaking into botany and sec on cog1. Mechanically it's not that much different, you go through the same amount of doors (depending on route and method), but hardly anyone's gonna give a damn if you crowbar open the doors to botany as opposed to security. Not to mention that there's a lot more traffic around security.
The singularity is pretty much the only thing I agree with. Everything else you just say no and move on if you don't want to.

Also you'd be surprised how hilariously easy it is to get into the armory without people noticing, especially on maps where the armory is sticking out in space or something such as Cog 1.