Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
[Idea] Giving the CE a pet.
I had an idea while talking in the rp server channel on the discord, giving the Chief engineer a pet snake, since they currently lack a pet and i feel a snake would be fitting. We wouldn't need new sprites i feel for it due to the sticks to snakes spell creating snakes, although it could get an engineering hat to make it look unique. Probably isnt the best idea, but hey, an idea is an idea.
Fuck, forgot to have [input wanted] in the thread name.
I thought the CE had a pet in some maps?
The CE's workplace is hazardous. From blistering hot plasma to the insurmountable power of the gravitational singularity, the Chief Engineer needs a pet that is hardy enough to survive such perilous work conditions.

My suggestion is Flint, the CE's pet rock.
Despite his tough exterior, Flint is quite shy and will only move when no one is looking.
If you smash Flint into pieces, he drops a handful of gemstones.
I think the CE should either get a Virtual pet that persists between rounds, and that they can take care over by feeding it power, taking it on walks outside the station, and playing in the debris/belt/trench z levels. It's easier to take care of it if it's on your PDA and it can live through the engine. It also wont be killed by meanies.
(03-22-2021, 12:27 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: I think the CE should either get a Virtual pet that persists between rounds, and that they can take care over by feeding it power, taking it on walks outside the station, and playing in the debris/belt/trench z levels. It's easier to take care of it if it's on your PDA and it can live through the engine. It also wont be killed by meanies.

So you want to give the CE a tamagotchi? I support this(I had to fucking copy paste that word since my brain doesn't work currently.)
Make it eat power and slowly get more of a 'glow' as it goes up tiers. You can feed it into the engine as a power source, but that resets it's tier. An emergency for low pop, power sink, or just plain lazy engineers.

Probably best if it's only used for the engine in some way so people don't go offing it for taser gun batteries...
I support pet rock, but instead of gems it burns real nice in the engine
A rock with a smiley face drawn on and a hard hat, i like that idea
(03-22-2021, 12:47 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 12:27 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: I think the CE should either get a Virtual pet that persists between rounds, and that they can take care over by feeding it power, taking it on walks outside the station, and playing in the debris/belt/trench z levels. It's easier to take care of it if it's on your PDA and it can live through the engine. It also wont be killed by meanies.

So you want to give the CE a tamagotchi? I support this(I had to fucking copy paste that word since my brain doesn't work currently.)

Yeah, that thing. I would also like it to talk to you and tell you some interesting engine facts, and to generally be a good friend look i'm not lonely in the engine room why do you think that 

(03-22-2021, 01:39 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I support pet rock, but instead of gems it burns real nice in the engine

First it's Mr Rathen and now Shmert? Monster
How about one of those rock crabs or whatever from the mars zlevel?
Draw a smiley face on it or something
A pet rock is stupid and I love it.

Maybe something akin to Heisenbee wherein the longer it 'survives' the rarer it becomes across rounds? That's an extra though and just a rock with googly eyes smelling faintly of plasma would be great.
Pet rock, and it's literally just obj/rock and it does nothing, for optimal performance.
I mean a new sprite with googley eyes wouldn't go amiss, but yeah this seems about right
A pet rock sounds perfect.

That would just leave the HoP without a pet, at least on some maps.  (I'd suggest a mayfly that automatically dies after five minutes, for thematic purposes.)