Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[PR] reduces construction times, allow building multiple girders at the same time.
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT WANTED]

About the PR

This PR reduces the length of the actionbar to build things like floor tiles, beds, lockers, etc.. It also allows building multiple girders at once, like you could before, also allows reinforcing multiple floors at once. Girders now take 2 seconds to build as opposed to 3. Attaching light fixtures only takes 2 seconds now instead of 4. Also allows building multiple things in parallel.

Why's this needed?

Construction is incredibly tedious, and the fact that we can't build multiple girders at once is a big part of that.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Matlap
(*)You can build multiple girders at once now!
(+)Reduced action bar lengths for various construction actions.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
High speed girder stacking
personally I don't mind letting girders be made multiple at the same time. You can already add plating to multiple girders at the same time so I don't see the issue.
issue with multi-girdering was being able to make 10 girders on a tile in about the same time as it would take to build one
(03-20-2021, 05:50 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: issue with multi-girdering was being able to make 10 girders on a tile in about the same time as it would take to build one

sounds perfectly horrible, i love it.
(03-20-2021, 06:47 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 05:50 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: issue with multi-girdering was being able to make 10 girders on a tile in about the same time as it would take to build one

That sounds absolutely horrible if a team of nukies decide to do that.
Isn't constructing things faster the point of the Carpenter trait?
maybe remove the ability to put multiple girders on a tile? always thought that feature was a tad weird
(03-21-2021, 08:30 AM)Rilor Wrote: maybe remove the ability to put multiple girders on a tile? always thought that feature was a tad weird

That would ruin all the fun
(03-21-2021, 08:52 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 08:30 AM)Rilor Wrote: maybe remove the ability to put multiple girders on a tile? always thought that feature was a tad weird

also breaks another feature
(03-21-2021, 08:37 PM)Sov Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 08:52 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:

also breaks another feature

Shh, Don't talk about that feature.
(03-20-2021, 11:44 PM)Technature Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 06:47 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:

That sounds absolutely horrible if a team of nukies decide to do that.

If a nukeops team completely surrounds the nuke with Rwalls they won't be able to see you teleporting on top of the nuke to steal it. As long as you can't build multiple tables on one tile it's fine.
i don't think the multi-girder-per-tile thing is really worth preserving here. I'd rather have multi-builds functional and kill the same-tile-girders joke feature so that it's not broken feeling.
(03-22-2021, 10:23 AM)mbc Wrote: i don't think the multi-girder-per-tile thing is really worth preserving here. I'd rather have multi-builds functional and kill the same-tile-girders joke feature so that it's not broken feeling.

Aw. I liked that joke feature though. I had to do something special to get told about it.
(03-22-2021, 10:23 AM)mbc Wrote: i don't think the multi-girder-per-tile thing is really worth preserving here. I'd rather have multi-builds functional and kill the same-tile-girders joke feature so that it's not broken feeling.

How hard would it be to code it so it'd work when building girders on different tiles?