Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
[PR] Changes disabling sting for Changelings on RP Servers
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[input wanted][rework][balance]
About the PR
Looks to swap out the capulettium sting for changelings on the RP Servers for a crydaptus toxin sting that injects 40 units.

Crydaptus Toxin:
- causes blurry vision for the victim after 5 seconds
- causes slowed movement for the victim after 20 seconds
- causes weakness and blindness for the victim after 35 seconds that lasts for **2 minutes and 45 seconds**
- allows the victim to whisper while weakened but doesn't allow them to emote
- causes the victim to appear dead
- doesn't force status to "resting" to prevent sleeping-KOs, but could ?
- can be countered effectively with smelling salts like similar chemicals

Video of how it works/looks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azi7UVx6...e=youtu.be

Why's this needed?
Would ideally drive more interactions between changelings and their victims and give the players the ability to still have conversations and such when they're being absorbed into a hivemind versus staring at the screen for two minutes while they wait to die.

Revision fixes a bunch of stuff I didn't like about a pancuronium and capu+ combined sting. Retains capu+ as a separate non-knockout chem which is something people in #3184 said they liked; retains a longer knockdown duration than Capu and Capu+ without the loud LOSEBREATH from pancuronium that I think other people on the forum might've been worried about that making murdering on ling less viable because it was more obvious. Also more clearly ties the weakness time to the forced whispering time, since you can only talk normally after the final cycle of the chem starts. It's like a slightly more buffed capu+ which is also why I think having a chem recipe for it right now isn't necessary.

Comments out but does not remove the original capulettium sting. Also swaps the sting reagent IDs over to a list variable for all your multi-chem sting needs. Also fixes one little spelling error I found in one of the files for changelings (very, very trivial).

Changelog
Code:
changelog
(u)Nefarious6th
(+)Swaps the changeling's debilitating sting on the RP servers with a new crydaptus toxin sting that allows victims to whisper

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Quote:with the first minute of that downtime being silenced by the capulettium plus

Quote:Would ideally drive more interactions between changelings and their victims
?
Capulettium plus makes you only able to whisper, so you can still talk to the ling while not being able to call for help on the radio.
So take away the one thing the Ling can reliably use to kill someone to...drive...interactivity?

Even for the RP server, I don't get it.

I mean what, are all traitors gonna be hard mode too?

Getting knocked unconscious sucks. Being a victim in a horror movie also sucks. But it kind of needs to happen for the sake of interest.
(02-21-2021, 11:57 AM)Technature Wrote: So take away the one thing the Ling can reliably use to kill someone to...drive...interactivity?

Even for the RP server, I don't get it.

I mean what, are all traitors gonna be hard mode too?

Getting knocked unconscious sucks.  Being a victim in a horror movie also sucks.  But it kind of needs to happen for the sake of interest.

I think the idea is the ling and victim can speak to each other a bit before they get eaten as opposed to them just passing out?

This actually looks more lethal than the current RP sting though, so if anything this is a buff
This actually would end up giving about 1 minute/half a minute longer of the stun on the target v. the current capulettium sting. The intention is higher interactivity for the people getting stung without ruining any part of the lethality of the changeling kit.

Frank is right, it only serves to make it so that the part of the process where someone is downed lets them talk specifically to the changeling only (no radio calls or PDAing), though at the current set up for this, that effect only lasts for 1 minute versus capulettium's two ish minutes, which I'm not like...the biggest fan of that, or the loud gasping from the pancuronium. Sting cycling on this also seems a little faster, people have less time between getting stung and dropping since pancuronium's cycling is I think like 11 ticks versus Capu's 18 ticks.

I'd be curious what specific goals people have for the chemicals in here. I would like to:
1. Allow victims some method of direct communication with the changeling and NO ONE else during the stun time
2. Maintain the usability of the current RP changeling set in killing and do #1 with no noticable mechanical/gameplay differences to the changeling.
Esteemed colleagues,

Leading researchers at the Changeling Science Institute have discovered an extraordinary new compound called..."namium". Our resident chemical-namer is on holiday.

Our preliminary research shows this is an incredibly potent chemical with the ability to cause massive muscle weakness, including in the eyes, and a hoarse voice in targets injected with the compound. For our preliminary studies of the subject, we have tested on the only resident approved species that our Institutional Critter Care, Observation, and Operation Committee (our ICCOOC) lets us test on: Homo sapiens astra. 

Documentation of our first successful trials is included below for your review. You may review our supplementary findings on "namium" in the main post of this thread (we have edited our predecessor's work for correctness and ensured they were dealt with...swiftly...for their crimes against science).

We are still seeking feedback on naming schemes (admittedly, "namium" doesn't quite have a good ring to it). We also invite any other researchers who might want to experiment with discovering ways of synthesizing "namium" in a laboratory environment like, say, a Chemistry lab, to please append any findings they might have in this forum.

Thank you for your interest in our research.
(02-22-2021, 02:44 AM)nefarious6th Wrote: We are still seeking feedback on naming schemes (admittedly, "namium" doesn't quite have a good ring to it). We also invite any other researchers who might want to experiment with discovering ways of synthesizing "namium" in a laboratory environment like, say, a Chemistry lab, to please append any findings they might have in this forum.

Thank you for your interest in our research.

Just call it changeling venom. If you want it to be possible to synthesize make the recipe changeling blood (obtainable outside of changeling gamemode from mutated oranges) and neurotoxin.
Related to the Lore, perhaps 'Crydaptus Toxin', or 'Theta Toxin'? Makes it a bit more lore-friendly for RP. Perhaps sprinkle in some documents to some AZones related to the toxin?

Analyzing it should have it be described as a potent and unusually complex neurotoxin.
I think something like Myotoxin (IRL rattlesnake venom) would be better, so its not tied to changeling stuff. Plus it sounds close to Neurotoxin, has similar effects to RL Myotoxin, without the muscle necrosis and death (though I'd add it as an OD effect, in case someone synthesizes a ton of it and injects it into someone). For the recipe my suggestion is take capulettium and heat it to 674 K.
I'd love to use the word venom just because it sounds cool.
(02-22-2021, 10:18 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Related to the Lore, perhaps 'Crydaptus Toxin', or 'Theta Toxin'? Makes it a bit more lore-friendly for RP. Perhaps sprinkle in some documents to some AZones related to the toxin?

Analyzing it should have it be described as a potent and unusually complex neurotoxin.

(02-23-2021, 07:13 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd love to use the word venom just because it sounds cool.

Crydaptus Venom. There we go.
That looks great so far Nef!

And Crydaptus Venom is a dope name, haha.
Anything to replace Capu, please. Getting downed for a solid 5 minutes if nobody's around to get you, 10 if you had the slow metabolism is no fun.