Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[QOL] Produce/ Mining Satchel Searching
Adds Satchel Searching to attack_hand in satchel.dm

1) Hold in hand and click with other hand using grab intent to "dig through" and pull out a specific item

2) Hold in hand and click with other hand using disarm intent to "rummage through" and pull out a random item

prpr: UM-012 - Satchel Searching
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/148
I definitely say yes to this
great idea
I've always been dismayed something like this isn't already a thing, got my support!
yea this seems cool n good
This seems good, my only issue with it is using grab/disarm intents for how you interact with this bag. It's a non-obvious mechanic considering intents are only used for combat and surgery, nowhere else do they matter. Aside from a few other outliers, like getting into cryo tubes on help intent (which was a bad idea but I haven't gone back to fix it yet).

Not sure what the best way to handle doing these functions is since an extra input prompt is too cumbersome. Maybe one of the two should be "Use the bag on the opposite hand" or "click-drag to opposite hand". I'm not sure.
(08-14-2019, 06:59 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: This seems good, my only issue with it is using grab/disarm intents for how you interact with this bag. It's a non-obvious mechanic considering intents are only used for combat and surgery, nowhere else do they matter. Aside from a few other outliers, like getting into cryo tubes on help intent (which was a bad idea but I haven't gone back to fix it yet).

Not sure what the best way to handle doing these functions is since an extra input prompt is too cumbersome. Maybe one of the two should be "Use the bag on the opposite hand" or "click-drag to opposite hand". I'm not sure.

They're also used with cards and wizard hats :B

I don't really like the idea of "click-drag to opposite hand" as I feel like that's even more obtuse than intents.

I also think that intents could stand to see a bit more use in things like this; new players generally seem to think all sorts of things care about intents that don't (for example, thinking you only hit people with stuff when on harm)

I think that "use in opposite hand" could be rummage, and right-click could be search through contents. The searching already brings up an input box, so it's slow anyways, and from a game-feel perspective it makes sense for it to be slower and require more finesse than just grabbing it blindly with your other hand.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/148

- No more intent requirements
- Satchel Searching now right click verb when in hand
- Satchel Random Searching now click with empty hand while in hand