Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sundance's Somewhat Spurious Syndicate Sprites*
I'm actually intending picking up the spriting again, but I'm a bit directionless in what I want to do. I have a notepad where I often scribble ideas down. What would people like to see me attempt?
Here's a C&P of my points, there's others as well but it's doesn't make sense out of context. 

- Some turf sprites for Urs dungeon / off station areas. Lots of Martian stuff and old sprites that could do with a dusting off? 

- Give botany some love. Looks easy to patch as per patching forum. Update with overlooked crops (i.e celery), much more mutations. + A long needed dank bong.

- Give chef some love. Way more ingredients + recipes. Looks very easy to patch. Whip MBC to code more buffs in conjunction with sprites.

- Chaplain rework as per Daeren's old thread. Sprite large 2x2 statues dedicated to cosmic gods. Massive investment to sprite, some commitment to code. Possible balancing issues / backlash from traditionals.
I would personally would enjoy it if you made an actual icon for Bull's Charge. Someone said it was replaced by an actual bull icon, but I played wizard a day ago, and it still used the Changeling's screech.

Anyway, from the options you'd outlined, I'd love some more recipes, particularly Tex-Mex. The only taco we have right now is meat, which is pretty sad considering how tacos are famous for accommodating just about every kind of ingredient.
Someone wished you would make more ability icons, but I dont remember who or what for. You made the vamp ones, right?
(05-18-2019, 06:49 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: I would personally would enjoy it if you made an actual icon for Bull's Charge. Someone said it was replaced by an actual bull icon, but I played wizard a day ago, and it still used the Changeling's screech.

How deese look?
[Image: sQ2AgKL.png][Image: 6mBbXzd.png]
[Image: C9feASj.png][Image: Z3lws2T.png]

Also noted regarding the texmex suggestion
(05-18-2019, 07:12 AM)The Gorog Wrote: Someone wished you would make more ability icons, but I dont remember who or what for. You made the vamp ones, right?

Yep
(05-18-2019, 08:23 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 06:49 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: I would personally would enjoy it if you made an actual icon for Bull's Charge. Someone said it was replaced by an actual bull icon, but I played wizard a day ago, and it still used the Changeling's screech.
How deese look?
[Image: sQ2AgKL.png][Image: 6mBbXzd.png]
[Image: C9feASj.png][Image: Z3lws2T.png]
A++. I not only like how good the bull looks and how similar is to the actual bull used, but also how the lightning and angle of the head makes it look like it's about to charge at any moment.
Oh I was thinking of MBCs request for new vamp icons. But that one has already been done, so scratch my note.

The icons look great!
If you're going to dip into Chef stuff, something I was thinking about recently is a lack of variety in kitchen implements. For instance, there could be a knife block with a variety of different knife types (Chef, boning, paring, santoku, cheese, etc) which could have different functions or just all act like regular knives.

There's also whisks, ladles, peelers, mixing bowls, etc. Skys the limit
(05-18-2019, 08:23 AM)Sundance Wrote: icon for Bull's Charge

added!!!
[Image: pnPl7mU.png][Image: KlhkNoL.gif][Image: b251vUh.gif]
  --Empty--         --Working--       --Ready--
[Image: SfsOAYy.png][Image: 41h9Yac.gif][Image: APGNZtn.gif]

Cast iron Pot. 

The pot works very similarly to the oven. It takes over from it's oveny brother in that it's responsible for bowl food items such as soup, stews, pastas and ramens. (With this sprited, my next aim is to cover this).

Coding musings:
- The color of the ready sprite (greyed out above) is dependent on what's in the pot (i.e: tomato soup = red)
- Interface similar to oven, few differences; No high/low setting. Can accept up to 5 items (simpler recipes only call for 3, eg: Potato soup = Potato + Cream + Onion)
- Wrong recipe = Gruel
- When ready, clicking an empty bowl on the pot will fill the bowl with food item. This can be done 5 times before empty, effectively filling 5 bowls.
- Needs to be empty before starting again!

Spriting musings:
Might need to do different states of Ready (eg: half full!)
More types of bowls?
I was actually just thinking about how cooking lacks good liquid food options and there was no "boiling" equivalent, and then i saw this and it's a very *bingo* moment.

No promises, but this could be an excellent addition to la cuisine
Oui.
If you have any ideas for recipes (think things that go in a bowl) give me a shout!
I'm thinking the simplest and most versatile way to do it would be to have a few specific recipes, such as creams of X, or Chilis, or boiled puddings and the like - and then anything that falls outside of those recipies get boiled into an "X, Y, and Z Soup/Stew/Chowder" kinda like how sandwiches work.

Do we have bread bowls yet ?
If were going down X food route then add the Mixer (which is unloved) into this, this can be used for prep work before addition into the pot. Example Bolonese sauce can be made by mixing tomato + meat. This can then be added to the Pot with spaghetti to produce Spaghetti Bolonese. This makes sense because adding tomato + meat + spaghetti directly to the pot will produce the undesired effect of Tomato Meat Spaghetti.

This makes X foods in the pot more logical and possibly easier to code. You could make Curry paste, Chowder Mix, Stew Mix, Herbs, etc that can be added to the pot, makes things a lot more coherent. It also means you can go hogwild and make a Monkey Meat Curry Chowder with Mint Dressing because all the stuff has been effectively mixed prior, it's just a matter of adding to the pot.

Quick edit: Breadbowls / Sour Dough, Soda Bread, etc is on by Todo list
(05-23-2019, 09:17 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I'm thinking the simplest and most versatile way to do it would be to have a few specific recipes, such as creams of X, or Chilis, or boiled puddings and the like - and then anything that falls outside of those recipies get boiled into an "X, Y, and Z Soup/Stew/Chowder" kinda like how sandwiches work.

Do we have bread bowls yet ?

I've always thought cooking should be more like this, with invalid combinations producing more ABC XYZ type results, with the first set of variables being ingredients and the second being related to the method used to cook them

Not that you couldn't still have clear failures, but that could be more about combining complimentary ingredients and cooking them with a method that is appropriate
Gosh I realized I should've really posted my sprites over the years as there's quite a few omitted from this thread. 

Pressurized liquid container
Off
[Image: tMCXl9A.png][Image: TeaIdtj.png][Image: CxrdxWi.png][Image: 6BGTmOV.png]
On
[Image: nFZl6cv.gif][Image: C6RbYPs.gif][Image: lutxCcB.gif][Image: HHaqnrD.gif]

Engine Analysis Computer
[Image: aTZIjR3.gif]

Heavy Satchel*
[Image: QqyUWxB.png]

Deluxe Hypo
Normal
[Image: iJAXwl0.png]
Emagged
[Image: Z1UVyLD.gif]

XL Bucket
[Image: PjSG1o6.png]

Surgical Laser
Off
[Image: R4CwwFD.png]
Scalpel
[Image: FW6O5wl.png]
Saw
[Image: T6kRWc1.png]

Omnitool (curse you white background)
Health
[Image: N9cqSkO.gif]
Reagent
[Image: aa9QSyc.gif]
Atmos
[Image: eYLVOsF.gif]

Biogrower
Off
[Image: 86tB2xG.png]
On
[Image: XW6TE7m.gif]
Complete
[Image: 7aIC4o0.png]
Mini Dispenser (sec+seed)
[Image: VmrH8pz.png][Image: CXaQaTd.png]

Sandwich Grenade
Inactive
[Image: BHlDhAT.png]
Active
[Image: 6PEJBJV.gif]
Internal Storage
[Image: UhJ52gd.png][Image: WLyfAHF.png]

Mini-oven
Off
[Image: 2sxQNvw.png]
On
[Image: Cvjv6Hx.gif]
Wifflebat*
[Image: RCX3o8O.png]

Robotic Liver
[Image: ksDxX2b.png]
Robotic Lungs
[Image: rYRxiDL.png][Image: nYLw7EJ.png][Image: xcIYyge.png][Image: siz6xQu.png]
Robotic Stomach
[Image: EkI0N0t.png]
Robotic Kidneys
[Image: WqLlvYs.png]

*Between these points intended for cyborg.