Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adminhelp popup
with all the new players many dont know how to submit adminhelps, so I think we should add a popup similar to the changelog teaching people how to adminhelp
Flourish (and other admins maybe) have occasionally in-game announced information about the server, the rules, and how to mentorhelp. Maybe adding that information (+ahelps) into the MOTD that shows up on connect would be good?
kind of on topic, i think getting a reply to your mhelp should make a little noise cause people keep missing our replies in the rapid streams of chat
mhelps and ahelps should open a window with a history of your conversation.
On a side note, it would be nice if the chat bar was saved at the end of the round to a .txt file, thoug this is a bit off topic and may be difficult, I don't know nerd stuff.
(03-20-2019, 05:50 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: On a side note, it would be nice if the chat bar was saved at the end of the round to a .txt file, thoug this is a bit off topic and may be difficult, I don't know nerd stuff.

This used to be an option, and used to work. It broke and would crash your client, at least on recent version of windows.
(03-19-2019, 05:56 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: mhelps and ahelps should open a window with a history of your conversation.

No popup window please, they take the focus from the main windows and soak up all your keyboard input. 
I once accepted a gang invite by accident, because I was typing something and hit the spacebar right when the popup opened.

Maybe this could instead open a new tab where the status, local, command and so on is. 
Gives you clean window, which isnt flooded with some guy poking an injector artifact 30 times and doesnt take away the focus from the main window when you were just running for your life.
i can see why mentorhelps should not take window focus, but admin helps should absolutely. in fact maybe they should just open microwoft word
We already have the ability to force someone to view a popup message if we need to.
(03-23-2019, 08:00 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: We already have the ability to force someone to view a popup message if we need to.

i think the main issue is people want a chat history thing, not just a window to make sure they dont miss it? cause ahelps and mhelps get lost in chat insanely easily, so some way to open a window with the conversation would be useful