Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give det a sec belt
Spawn a security toolbelt in the Detective's office. It's nice and shouldn't cause issues?
Agreed. They have a lot of stuff to carry. Might also consider giving Detective and Sec blue or white trash bags, for evidence gathering
This is also because I've noticed numerous items that the Det gadget hat will not hold, like the bloodtrak, and cigarettes.
This is a good idea. I often find myself taking a sec belt as detective, or not taking one so I can try to be cool.

But a better idea would be to make a sec belt reskin for the detective. Since the regular sec belt kinda clashes with the detective's theme. Someone call Kiki.
(03-06-2019, 09:02 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: This is a good idea. I often find myself taking a sec belt as detective, or not taking one so I can try to be cool.

But a better idea would be to make a sec belt reskin for the detective. Since the regular sec belt kinda clashes with the detective's theme. Someone call Kiki.

Shoulder holsterĀ 

[Image: Mark_front2.JPG]
Give the detective sec sunglasses while we're at it.
(03-06-2019, 08:35 PM)Kovirii Wrote: This is also because I've noticed numerous items that the Det gadget hat will not hold, like the bloodtrak, and cigarettes.

as a quick note, you can put individual cigarettes in the hat, but its tedious as heck
I support a reskinned belt, to be more detective-y but I don't think they should get sec glasses. There are some sunglasses in the jazz lounge on cog 1.
Perhaps SecHUD glasses that don't act as sunglasses would be nice for the detective?
Variant/'upgraded' SecHUD that allows for scanner-less forensic scanning (think like upgraded ProDocs) at the cost of losing flash protection?
Make a special detective belt instead of a sec belt.......wait someone called me to sprite a new detective belt. Well shit. To be honest because I always use my inspectors sprite for detective the sec belt looks fine with it dunno about making a belt look better with the normal detective outfit. Ill have to see.
Alright so I've started on spriting the shoulder holster. Going to make two of them. One for the normal detective outfit and another black colored one for people who use the inspectors outfit like me when they are detective. They will hopefully work exactly the same as secbelts and go in the belt slot but will look like shoulder holsters.
Heres what I got so far.
[Image: VIs8ReJ.png]

What do you guys think? I used this as a reference for a snub nose 38 shoulder holster. That's actually kinda hard to find because YOU DONT PUT A SNUB NOSE 38 INTO A SHOULDER HOLSTER. You use pocket/waist holsters for snub noses. Thats why the 38 can fit in your pocket in the first place.
[Image: body-copy-image-for-scotts-article-11-30.jpg]

Give me some feed back please.
I like it. Possible to add a gun for when a firearm is being held in it? Something about the dynamic of visibly telling if the detective is armed and their coat hiding the fact sound fun to me
(03-09-2019, 07:27 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Heres what I got so far.

What do you guys think? I used this as a reference for a snub nose 38 shoulder holster. That's actually kinda hard to find because YOU DONT PUT A SNUB NOSE 38 INTO A SHOULDER HOLSTER. You use pocket/waist holsters for snub noses. Thats why the 38 can fit in your pocket in the first place.

Give me some feed back please.

I like it. Thanks Kiki!