Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Useful/Fun MechComp Projects!
Have a MechComp project you enjoy doing as a mechanicĀ or enjoy seeing as a non-mechanic? Post them here! Anything from your cool teleporter system that requires you to pay for a ticket to monkey-clocks to whatever else you can think of.
i'd never make it, but one of the few traitor mechanic traps i actually laugh at when it kills me is just a button with "SAX!" written in crayon on the floor next to it, that when pressed, plays a saxophone, then hits you with a fridge and launches you into space. the last time i saw it, it killed like 10 people in one round
Critter farming is my fav. Especially when tied to a nuggetron, but you're really betting on 'good weather' with that combo. Or, you know, not working alone.

Whole thing works based on the fact that receiving on invalid coords causes a telepad to [do stuff], and one of those 'stuffs' is spawn a critter from a fat list. From roach, to chem golem, to syndicate agent. Mind the microbombs.

Second place probably goes to mass produced autohonkers.
Yeah, I've made pay-porters, but my magnum opus would be a system of pay-porters that also teleports all the gathered cash to a single secure location. I haven't made it successfully, but all the plans are all there.
(02-10-2019, 01:42 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Yeah, I've made pay-porters, but my magnum opus would be a system of pay-porters that also teleports all the gathered cash to a single secure location. I haven't made it successfully, but all the plans are all there.

Sounds like you could use a round on Goon1! Rounds there last much longer than on Goon2, and since the maps used tend to be smaller, you'll be able to finish that both more quickly and have more time in general.
I've made multi-destination teleporters with up to 8 labeld buttons for each destination. I also made a version with a mircophone instead, but the swedish speaking clown sec officer couldnt use it with his accent, so I scrapped that one.

Another thing I occasionally made was a button or payment comp, connected to an arithmethic comp in the randomize mode, connected to a bunch of vending machines. They would then use gravitrons to launch the items to the user. My second version uses teleporters instead. People dont like things being flung into their face.

Problem with the vending machines is, that they need to have the user in line of sight and range. Otherwise they won't eject their items at all.

Something I tried making, but never succeeded, was a shuttle call by PDA voting. I could never figure out a way to store the names of people that already voted.
Monkey fighter and remote zapper

Neither of these are in any way my creations. However the way they abuse game mechanics to function is fascinating to me