Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
GZ is the shit, can't wait to try the mod you've been developing
Here's an idea.

Let's take Dragon quest, right?  That's a cool singleplayer game.  But we wanna make it a multiplayer experience.  How do you do that?  Why not take a board, making up an entire world populated with monsters, monsters that take over every town on the board.  And our four heroes are all racing to have the most net worth in their name, by rescuing and leading towns alongside the usual monster slaying and item selling things, all for a bid to be the next heir to the kingdom.

Of course, it's a competitive game.  You could buy items to mess with players, Steal items from shops, rob from towns, steal from other players, Fight each other, send assassins on each other, all sorts of nasty things...uh...

Man, these guys don't seem much like heroes...

Enter Dokapon Kingdom.

[Image: dokapon-monopoly.jpg?w=468]

Not entirely inaccurate.  (I'm aware it says Journey, but focus on Kingdom.  Kingdom is better.)

[Image: dokaponkingdom_000.jpg]

Dokapon Kingdom is a turn based RPG party game designed with multiple play sessions in mind (Trust me when I say you're not completing it on the day you start it).  It wasn't brought to the US for some time until Dokapon Kingdom on the PS2 and Wii (as well as Journey for the DS) and there sadly hasn't been a game since.

The story is pretty simple.  Monsters have begun attacking the towns, and the king wants someone to go out to liberate them to protect his gigantic stacks of money oh let's be honest, he's not even trying to hide it, to protect his gigantic stacks of money.  Overtime you deal with various nasties, including the lord of Darkness and his son (pictured above), Also known as Overlord Rico and Rico Jr. (no, really), climaxing to a fight going into the gates of hell heck.

The game is just really interesting with how it takes the game in different directions, with various ways to mess with people and make your things better.  It's a good way to have some pretty intense games, and the surprisingly large character cast means you'll probably enjoy the game to the end...ya know, assuming you're not killing each other IRL.

[Image: dk_weberthetrickster.jpg]

A note of caution if you are interested, though.  The AI is a cheating bastard, and playing with other people is recommended.  People who can, under all circumstances, at the end of the day realize it's just a game and it shouldn't be taken seriously.  The game is advertised as a "Friendship destroying game" for a reason.

[Image: R2DEEB.png]
In the top left over there, for the record.  Damn good game though.
Just got DOOM 2016, when watching gameplay or only playing the first level you might think the game is kinda shit, however if you play it yourself and play the 2nd level and up you will find that it's freakin badass

Also BFG Division IS good, you just need to be committing demon genocide while listening to it
(12-16-2018, 12:50 AM)Technature Wrote: Here's an idea.

Let's take Dragon quest, right?  That's a cool singleplayer game.  But we wanna make it a multiplayer experience.  How do you do that?  Why not take a board, making up an entire world populated with monsters, monsters that take over every town on the board.  And our four heroes are all racing to have the most net worth in their name, by rescuing and leading towns alongside the usual monster slaying and item selling things, all for a bid to be the next heir to the kingdom.

Of course, it's a competitive game.  You could buy items to mess with players, Steal items from shops, rob from towns, steal from other players, Fight each other, send assassins on each other, all sorts of nasty things...uh...

Man, these guys don't seem much like heroes...

Enter Dokapon Kingdom.

[Image: dokapon-monopoly.jpg?w=468]

Not entirely inaccurate.  (I'm aware it says Journey, but focus on Kingdom.  Kingdom is better.)

[Image: dokaponkingdom_000.jpg]

Dokapon Kingdom is a turn based RPG party game designed with multiple play sessions in mind (Trust me when I say you're not completing it on the day you start it).  It wasn't brought to the US for some time until Dokapon Kingdom on the PS2 and Wii (as well as Journey for the DS) and there sadly hasn't been a game since.

The story is pretty simple.  Monsters have begun attacking the towns, and the king wants someone to go out to liberate them to protect his gigantic stacks of money oh let's be honest, he's not even trying to hide it, to protect his gigantic stacks of money.  Overtime you deal with various nasties, including the lord of Darkness and his son (pictured above), Also known as Overlord Rico and Rico Jr. (no, really), climaxing to a fight going into the gates of hell heck.

The game is just really interesting with how it takes the game in different directions, with various ways to mess with people and make your things better.  It's a good way to have some pretty intense games, and the surprisingly large character cast means you'll probably enjoy the game to the end...ya know, assuming you're not killing each other IRL.

[Image: dk_weberthetrickster.jpg]

A note of caution if you are interested, though.  The AI is a cheating bastard, and playing with other people is recommended.  People who can, under all circumstances, at the end of the day realize it's just a game and it shouldn't be taken seriously.  The game is advertised as a "Friendship destroying game" for a reason.

[Image: R2DEEB.png]
In the top left over there, for the record.  Damn good game though.

i lost my copy for the wii
it costs 120usd or something so i might not replace it 
i really loved that game though!
factorio

play factorio

it is good

the factory must grow
FYI:

Subnautica is free through Epic Game's website at the moment. Get yer scuba on.
*scream
HacknetOS and Hacknet Labyrinths(the dlc, made in a way that makes the interaction totally seamless, and actually puts great stuff in it instead of bloat content.), a hacking game where one of its claims is a UI so realistic you shouldn't play it in an airport.
has both a terminal and GUI interaction method; and the soundtrack is great and can be said to really match the game.
[Image: 1f9d76e6a2.png]

Only in Software Inc.
Apex is good
This is the weirdest game I ever did see.

Edit:The link is literally trustedshopotc.info.
That doesn't scream suspicious.
Turok Good
(03-04-2019, 02:05 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Turok Good

haven't played turok in probably a literal decade
have you played factorio yet?

no?

>:(
Factorio legitimately looks so damn complicated...