Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Selling plasma/o2 in QM
Hot plasma and cold O2 could be on the shipping market list. The money made would be calculated based on amount of pressure and temperature in the canister plus the market price. Some elaborate formula.
Martian trader could buy hot plasma and faint signal trader could buy cold oxygen for making personal bucks.
Heck, being able to sell bombs to NanoTrasen (or maybe some shady anonymous buyers) would be pretty cool. Anything from single tank explosives to canister bombs. The explosive yield would determine the value of them. Toxins would actually be useful outside of blowing up blobs, or the station.
(10-11-2018, 03:51 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Heck, being able to sell bombs to NanoTrasen (or maybe some shady anonymous buyers) would be pretty cool. Anything from single tank explosives to canister bombs. The explosive yield would determine the value of them. Toxins would actually be useful outside of blowing up blobs, or the station.

Toxins becomes an actual department, rather than circumstantial evidence of traitorship ? count me the fuck in
(10-11-2018, 06:45 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:51 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Heck, being able to sell bombs to NanoTrasen (or maybe some shady anonymous buyers) would be pretty cool. Anything from single tank explosives to canister bombs. The explosive yield would determine the value of them. Toxins would actually be useful outside of blowing up blobs, or the station.

Toxins becomes an actual department, rather than circumstantial evidence of traitorship ? count me the fuck in

"hey sorry ur lungs are melting but im making some sweet dosh x"
(10-11-2018, 07:23 AM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 06:45 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

"hey sorry ur lungs are melting but im making some sweet dosh x"

Engineering 2: Thermoeconomic Boogaloo
There could actually be a lot of ways that Toxins could make actual money. The first and most obvious thing is bomb making, but what about fuel mixtures? Hot (but not too hot), long lasting burn mixes could sell for a lot too! Also, traders should have randomized requests for various gas mixtures at various temperatures and pressure, and as long as you're within a specified degree of error, you can sell it to them for big bucks!

E.G. Buford could ask for a gas mixture to test on his weed, and he specifies that it should be 70-90% (80%) CO2, 5-15% (10%) N2, and 5-15% (10%) plasma at a temperature between 163K and 183K (-110C and -90C) with an optimal of 173K (-100C) and at a pressure between 4,000 kPa and 4,500 kPa with an optimal pressure of 4,250 kPa. The closer you are to the optimal values, the more you're paid, and if you're spot on you can get real big bucks. This is, of course, an arbitrary example, but I think that this could be a pretty fun thing for Cargo and Toxins to work on. It'd also give scientists some actual economic benefit to the station while letting them have fun! Wow-wee!

Oh and being able to order various gas canisters from Cargo would be nice.
Gas mix powered vehicles like pods. Add a refueling dock near Toxins so you can just pull up, pump up full of super heated gas, and zoom off
(10-11-2018, 09:09 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Gas mix powered vehicles like pods.
It'd be hilarious if we had those and their speed was relative to the gas temp.

Anyways, I like the original idea and line of thought from it. Toxins is long overdue for legitimate legitimacy.
Plasma should be like the universal natural gas product in SS13 and power everything... should be plasma lines for the stove and for the oven in the kitchen, plasma should power the forklifts, plasma could be used in heaters and as a substitute for welding fuel in a pinch. Why the fuck not?
Yeah, plasma fuel lines! I like the sound of that. As a sidenote, gas pipes should either be fix-able (as in when they blow up they leave a broken pipe behind that can be fixed with a welder and some metal) just so that jobs don't lose their functionality permanently because some chucklefuck bombed the hallway.

I'd imagine that there would be different kinds of fuel mixtures, from pure plasma used in pipelines for stoves and welders and even the engine's burn chamber, to canisters and tanks of various burn mixtures for varying temperature and burn time (such as high oxygen plasma fuel for short and powerful bursts of energy, like as a secondary fuel tank for a pod for a sort of 'nitrous', or a low oxygen plasma fuel for slower, cooler burns, used in forklifts and normal pod fuel cells). This would require a new mechanic to be added to the game, specifically the ability for objects to consume plasma to function, though.
To build on this, maybe add a Gas Extractor to QM on most maps?

(10-12-2018, 03:50 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Yeah, plasma fuel lines! I like the sound of that. As a sidenote, gas pipes should either be fix-able (as in when they blow up they leave a broken pipe behind that can be fixed with a welder and some metal) just so that jobs don't lose their functionality permanently because some chucklefuck bombed the hallway.

I'd imagine that there would be different kinds of fuel mixtures, from pure plasma used in pipelines for stoves and welders and even the engine's burn chamber, to canisters and tanks of various burn mixtures for varying temperature and burn time (such as high oxygen plasma fuel for short and powerful bursts of energy, like as a secondary fuel tank for a pod for a sort of 'nitrous', or a low oxygen plasma fuel for slower, cooler burns, used in forklifts and normal pod fuel cells). This would require a new mechanic to be added to the game, specifically the ability for objects to consume plasma to function, though.

The rad collectors for a singularity need plasma tanks to function, those would be a good starting point.
(10-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Skunkrocker Wrote: Plasma should be like the universal natural gas product in SS13 and power everything... should be plasma lines for the stove and for the oven in the kitchen, plasma should power the forklifts, plasma could be used in heaters and as a substitute for welding fuel in a pinch. Why the fuck not?

stattions with gas lines running through maint, yes please
I want to see the traitor QM who sells all of the air in the station.

+1
(10-12-2018, 07:17 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Skunkrocker Wrote: Plasma should be like the universal natural gas product in SS13 and power everything... should be plasma lines for the stove and for the oven in the kitchen, plasma should power the forklifts, plasma could be used in heaters and as a substitute for welding fuel in a pinch. Why the fuck not?

This seems extremely abusable.
(10-12-2018, 10:58 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 07:17 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

This seems extremely abusable.

have you seen me map?