Poll: Does the Badmin Bus Ruin your Fun
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes Totally
4.55%
3 4.55%
Not at all I love it!
66.67%
44 66.67%
I Don't Mind I Guess
22.73%
15 22.73%
It Makes Me Leave The Server for a While
6.06%
4 6.06%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Admin Bus Agenda!
My least favourite admin event that's been happening recently is the <chem> ocean events, especially since the station will inevitably get flooded with yee or styptic or whatever annoying chem is decided on
(07-03-2018, 12:06 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: My least favourite admin event that's been happening recently is the <chem> ocean events, especially since the station will inevitably get flooded with yee or styptic or whatever annoying chem is decided on

Agreed.
(07-03-2018, 08:41 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Just make sure to give traitors antag tokens if it's a potentially disruptive badmin event, and I am good.

Agreed. Honestly admin rounds are one of the biggest reasons I keep coming back to this game.
i think they can be fun but i think they should be more inclusive to make sure everybody has fun and not an admin spawns in as a macho man and just starts tearing people to shreds. i also don't enjoy ones that you can't really opt out from so if i feel like just having a normal round, i can't really do that if there's violent critters being spawned or something.

so to condense that i would implore anyone who bothers to read this protracted rambling to consider these 2 things:

1) try to work in everybody if they feel like participating
2) try to avoid things that you can't really opt out from

roomba has a lot of good points in his post that i find myself agreeing with
Chem oceans are really neat to me, but I'm also a huge nerd who loves testing the fluids system just to see how much I can break it.
you'll pry my wireblob rounds from my cold, dead hands
Admin rounds are the best. To me this game is dealing with whatever situation you find yourself in. If that means you're avoiding an army of tiny red trucks who are crashing through the halls or a sudden influx of cluwne spiders finding the best way to get through it without dying is great.

I'm also one of the players who will volunteer or say yes if an admin is looking for people to test things or have buttons pressed on them.
Whenever I explain this game to my friends describing ridiculous admin rounds is always my best bet of getting them to at least try space station 13
The hilariously weird part is shit goes BUGFUCK BANANAS when i either do one extremely tiny thing, or something on the admin zlevel and then something ELSE breaks. When I go LOL LET'S BLOW A GIANT HOLE IN THE STATION, the crew takes it in stride.

Examples: Once in a while, I will spawn a single cookie somewhere. This round will inevitably end in flames and screaming, with the level of catastrophe inversely related to how well I hid the cookie. And the other night, I was fucking around on the admin level with fluids, and the game just - stopped. I guess the life loop broke or something? I knew it wasn't anything I did because the 'aw fuck, you screwed up, click here to fix it' button for fluids responded IMMEDIATELY. And when I like mail explosions to the brig, people only even notice like 40% of the time. Edit myself into Monsieur Stirstir and just see how far I can get? Someone's gonna tear the station in literal half.

I make no apologies for the fart death bar. Everybody fucking loved the fart death bar.
Fart Death Bar:

[Image: IIjYgI8.png]

Playing With Fluids:

[Image: 1sZxQLA.png]
Yeah like, I gibbed, and there were umpty-ump ghosts and then nobody could move. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat
admin rounds are what make the game fun.

flooding stuff is pretty unfun no matter who does it though
I didn't see why flooding the station is not fun. When someone flooded all of space with Featherfluid it was just mostly a normal round except wet.
Chem oceans fun depends on the chem, surely.
Styptic powder is annoying as fuck, but doesn't really change gameplay at all.
Likewise, having water all over the station just means internals are mandatory, but since they kinda are anyway, very little changes.

Now, naplam doesn't really do much on it's own either. Except when it gets hot. So now there are massive fires breaking out in a number of specific spots on the station, with the clear challenge being: don't let the napalm into the engine room. Or do, the engineers might be trying for some sort of record.

It would be nice if there were some tools that could deal with the massive floods, though. Like some sort of super-sponge, that can be strategically placed.

About Admin-shenanigans in general, I can be be amused by the odd gimmick, but usually I am not so bored with SS13 that I need somebody to spice it up for me. If I was, I wouldn't be playing.
I find the big planned events, like the drone assault to be very fun.
I find invasive surprise events to be frustrating. If I just spend 30 minutes 'loafing', I get pissy if a singularity rolls through and eats my loafer. And when I am pissy I stop playing, as that is not fun for anybody. That's not necessarily an admin-event thing, though.
The only issue with chem oceans I have is that there is no way to drain the station of the liquid. The only way currently is the janitor's scrubber and sponges and they work find for small amount of liquid, but horribly for removing a lot. If there were ways to drain areas like mechanics installing drains or items like vacuums then it would be much much better. At least for me.