Goonstation Forums
The Admin Bus Agenda! - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Admin Bus Agenda! (/showthread.php?tid=10755)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Admin Bus Agenda! - Readster - 07-03-2018

Hello all! Just a quick thread to get more feedback than just "Whoever was around on discord" and "Whoever was on the server that one time"

I've been known to hop in the drivers seat and drive a bus full o' fun into the station from time to time. Sometimes it's just some musical instruments and clown cars and sometimes it's full blown clown singularities come to eat the souls of the damned. What I'm mostly curious about is how people feel about these rounds and if they enjoy them or if you just carry on like normal as best you can until it's over or does it make you leave the server for a while. This especially applies to people that are traitors; do you feel like your round was ruined or do you try and traitor along with it?

I'm looking for some honest feedback so please feel free to call me all manner of bad words but also be sincere.

Also feel free to go into more detail in the replies if the poll options don't sum it up enough.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - Lady Birb - 07-03-2018

Just make sure to give traitors antag tokens if it's a potentially disruptive badmin event, and I am good.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - MrMagolor - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 08:41 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Just make sure to give traitors antag tokens if it's a potentially disruptive badmin event, and I am good.

+1

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - warcrimes - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 08:42 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 08:41 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Just make sure to give traitors antag tokens if it's a potentially disruptive badmin event, and I am good.

+1

+1

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - Eibel - 07-03-2018

I know there was one time Wonk asked me (I was the traitor) if he could press buttons, though I didn't understand that's what he was asking and said no, he respected that.  Personally, I think when in doubt, just asking would work..?

There was another round I forgot to turn antags off and got changeling, so I prayed and said I wasn't going to make an interesting round, please feel free to press buttons.  Got some cool monkey-stuff to tinker with, and admins had fun pressing buttons, all around was a good round.

Maybe let more folks know they can pray and give admins the OK to wreck the round if they so wish?

(07-03-2018, 08:56 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Admin rounds are fun if nothing’s happening or the traitor is a dumb murderboning silent type.

That too actually

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - LuigiThirty - 07-03-2018

Admin rounds are fun if nothing’s happening or the traitor is a dumb murderboning silent type.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - warcrimes - 07-03-2018

I'll caveat here: there's one button the admins should ALWAYS press and that's the Gib button on ghosts. Every ghost.
It's the best and spookiest thing you can do.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - MrMagolor - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 09:02 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I'll caveat here: there's one button the admins should ALWAYS press and that's the Gib button on ghosts. Every ghost.
It's the best and spookiest thing you can do.

Weird way to spell the no-confirmation room scramble button.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - Roomba - 07-03-2018

I enjoy them from time to time but I’m not as big a fan of them as others. The event-related things that turn me off the most:

- Lazy, contextless obstacles like wordlessly spawning a Martian army or filling the station with an ocean of sulfuric acid. A good admin gimmick should at the very least give people the tools they need to deal with it, or ample warning to gather such tools.

- ‘I pressed a button, come see’ ‘haha that looks fun my turn’ and then it’s impossible to get an actual round for the next three hours, because it’s a mess of twelve different admins frantically pressing buttons in an attempt to outdo each other while the server lags to a halt

- Speaking of trying to antag around gimmicks, it’s often impossible to do so because there’s a good chunk of admins who become irritated when their gimmick is not the centerpiece of the round and take measures to recenter it, usually via smiting anyone who tries to actually deal with the problem or escalating it until it becomes a threat impossible to ignore.

- Popecrunch.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - Vitatroll - 07-03-2018

We had a thread like this before.

The general consensus was:
1) Yes, people enjoy admin rounds.
2) So long as they are well spaced and don't ruin something already fun.
3) Except when 'admin round' is just 'push every button' and 'let's crash the server'.
3.1) Except in cases where a round really needs to die for one reason or another.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - KikiMofo - 07-03-2018

I HATE ALL ADMINS AND ADMIN SHENANIGANS YOU ARE ALL HORRIBLE AND NEED TO STOP TOUCHING MY PERFECT SS13 ROUNDS WITH YOUR ADMINABUSE.

Na but really. I remember people complaining about admin fun years ago and I see people will still complain loudly about it now. The people that do that are most likely a vocal minority. Most people enjoy it. Generally the people that have been playing on goon for years and years enjoy admin fuckery because we've played this game to death and back and usually wait around for something fun to happen.

Anyway I agree that if it's a full total admin round that you should give the traitors of that round a token. Also if you are going to do fun stuff to one specific person to ask first unless you know for sure they won't mind. Like me. I don't give a fuck.

So yeah just keep doing what you guys do. More music and stuff is always fun to me.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - fosstar - 07-03-2018

Generally i'd say if it's minor, nonmurdery admin abuse do it whenever, if it's a bit more then that space it out, and if it's KILL EVERYONE SMASH ALL THE BUTTONS only do that when the round's been going on for 2 hours or something.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - Technature - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 09:21 AM)Roomba Wrote: I enjoy them from time to time but I’m not as big a fan of them as others. The event-related things that turn me off the most:

- Popecrunch.

Popecrunch deserves to do whatever he wants as long as he continues to present incredibly entertaining rants against shitlers.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - Xeram - 07-03-2018

I find even when Pope is in drunkmode hitting buttons he manages to hit them in the correct manner to be amusing even if it obliterates everyone at least 8/10 times.

Personally, I find it the most hilarious when an admin does something without any warning or noting, like hiding away some gimmick waiting to be activated by some haplass staff assistant or fiddling with item properties on very unassuming and mostly useless items to turn them into weapons of mass destruction and someone happens to discover this fact.

Also great is when actual events are set up with some organization of opposing sides, whether it be station vs antag team, antag teams vs eachother with the station in the middle, or station vs some greater scope threat that is sending bad things or demanding some condition be met or else.

But if your event is "make some dude macho man and watch him tear a string of destruction through the like 15 population station" with nothing else or "Hey lets put a armed canbomb on the AI with an annoucement" or otherwise involves rather non-interactively obliterating the crew with 0 hope of realistically being able to stop whatever it is then that's usually pretty gross.

RE: The Admin Bus Agenda! - New525 - 07-03-2018

I love admins messing with the round to any extent. My favorite events are where a warning is given to prepare before an incredibly dangerous event or situation is created