Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nerf the Blind Spell for Wizards
The Blind spell that wizards get is a really cheezy spell and quite overpowered due to how fast someone can disable you entirely by blinding you.

I suggest lengthening the cooldown speed of the spell and maybe even lowering the actual eye damage it does to targets.

Like seriously, if a wizard has this spell it's almost impossible to fight them because they can just cheeze you out of the fight.
Getting hit by it sucks, but we’re talking about a wizard, one of the defining themes of which is incredibly overpowered abilities. If a wizard takes blind, there’s a lot worse that could be filling that spell slot.

Plus, Blind can take out at most one person at a time in a fight. If a wizard has you isolated, there’s about a dozen things they could do to shut you down immediately without resorting to Blind.
I'd say to nerf blindness in general. Instead of being blocked from interacting with the environment (and yourself!), it should let you do that, but give you a whole mess of disabling debuffs, like clumbsiness, that trait that makes you stumble in odd directions and pick up the wrong thing, and needing to touch everything and everyone in your path to know what's there, nethack style. Crippling, but in a more interesting way that gives you a fair chance to fix it with a lot of determination.
(06-14-2018, 04:07 AM)Superlagg Wrote: I'd say to nerf blindness in general. Instead of being blocked from interacting with the environment (and yourself!), it should let you do that, but give you a whole mess of disabling debuffs, like clumbsiness, that trait that makes you stumble in odd directions and pick up the wrong thing, and needing to touch everything and everyone in your path to know what's there, nethack style. Crippling, but in a more interesting way that gives you a fair chance to fix it with a lot of determination.

Make this thread please 
Make it twice and mail it to every coder by snailmail.
Call your representative and demand action. It's been long enough
(06-14-2018, 08:29 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 04:07 AM)Superlagg Wrote: I'd say to nerf blindness in general. Instead of being blocked from interacting with the environment (and yourself!), it should let you do that, but give you a whole mess of disabling debuffs, like clumbsiness, that trait that makes you stumble in odd directions and pick up the wrong thing, and needing to touch everything and everyone in your path to know what's there, nethack style. Crippling, but in a more interesting way that gives you a fair chance to fix it with a lot of determination.

Make this thread please 
Make it twice and mail it to every coder by snailmail.
Call your representative and demand action. It's been long enough

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10590