Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(05-22-2018, 01:02 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Speech of the old tongue.

A speech mutation triggered by eldritch artifact (which means thankfully rare) that makes your text look like zalgo text. Curable with holy water. Bound to cause a bunch of people to try to forcibly inject you with holy water when it poops up radio.

T̘̤͕̖͞ͅȟ̪̗̟ͣ̅ͅi͔̤̳̠̮̣̦ͪ̔̽ͩ̿̋́s̱̠̖͓̩̲ͦ̄̄ ̱̼̥̘̳͙̑̈́͝i̸͉͆ͥ̌̓s̱͎̿̓ͤͦ ͍̣̝͓̟͑͗̇ạ͉ͬ̈́͘ ͊̽ͣͪ̾҉̥̙h̞̟̲̥̭̣̖̒̿̒ͫ̍̈́͞or͉̐̃͘r̢͇̩̦̟̳̠͓̄ͪ̊ͦ̈́̅̅i̟͉͓̩͎̗̟͗ḇ̌͒̈͜l̡e̮̼̝̖ͦ̔ͫ̅̐͟ͅ ͙̬̦̖͚̋ͭͮ̽͌́͊i̬̙͈͊͑̆̑̇̏ď͟ė͋̿ͫ̋ͬ̚͞a̘̹̘̿̀ͣ̄̆̔͜ͅ

Might be too meme of a mutation.

It could alternatively use elements of the disaster round mobs' speech, since that's already in-game.
(05-22-2018, 01:02 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Speech of the old tongue.

A speech mutation triggered by eldritch artifact (which means thankfully rare) that makes your text look like zalgo text. Curable with holy water. Bound to cause a bunch of people to try to forcibly inject you with holy water when it poops up radio.

T̘̤͕̖͞ͅȟ̪̗̟ͣ̅ͅi͔̤̳̠̮̣̦ͪ̔̽ͩ̿̋́s̱̠̖͓̩̲ͦ̄̄ ̱̼̥̘̳͙̑̈́͝i̸͉͆ͥ̌̓s̱͎̿̓ͤͦ ͍̣̝͓̟͑͗̇ạ͉ͬ̈́͘ ͊̽ͣͪ̾҉̥̙h̞̟̲̥̭̣̖̒̿̒ͫ̍̈́͞or͉̐̃͘r̢͇̩̦̟̳̠͓̄ͪ̊ͦ̈́̅̅i̟͉͓̩͎̗̟͗ḇ̌͒̈͜l̡e̮̼̝̖ͦ̔ͫ̅̐͟ͅ ͙̬̦̖͚̋ͭͮ̽͌́͊i̬̙͈͊͑̆̑̇̏ď͟ė͋̿ͫ̋ͬ̚͞a̘̹̘̿̀ͣ̄̆̔͜ͅ

Might be too meme of a mutation.

In a similar vein, a speech mutation that replaces your letters with those frilly accented characters and the weird symbols that show up when you don't have the right font installed.
Bounties: Someone suggested Search warrents in another thread, but I didn't want to poop that one up.

Basically let security (with approval) set a cash amount that would transfer cash to whoever fufills the requirement for the bounty.

A bounty could be anything from "Bring me that annoying guy in a locker" to "get me some chem good smokes"
I like it, make it a thread if it gets popular-ish
(05-31-2018, 02:02 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I like it, make it a thread if it gets popular-ish

I think security might already have bounty posters, but I'm not 100 percent sure if that's goon or not.

edit: They do, but it might be a tad neater if it could be made from the ticket app and just print the posters at the nearest wanted printer.

Maybe even add an "thing" so that security can make bounties for items instead.
(05-31-2018, 01:59 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Bounties: Someone suggested Search warrents in another thread, but I didn't want to poop that one up.

Basically let security (with approval) set a cash amount that would transfer cash to whoever fufills the requirement for the bounty.

A bounty could be anything from "Bring me that annoying guy in a locker" to "get me some chem good smokes"

Oh yeah, feel free to post that there.
Roleplay related -- 

Give conspirators a conspirator traitor uplink to play with.

Similar to how the nuke ops uplink differs from regular traitor, conspirators having an uplink with more simple items to complete their tasks would be interesting, yet still keep the roleplay moving.  It's difficult to do some of the tasks for conspiracy that we're suggested to do with just hardmode traitor stuff, and it'd be interesting to be able to purchase milder things like the sleepypen, duct tape*, fake moustache, pickpocket gun, etc. to complete tasks, while keeping the more dangerous stuff the same (pipebombs need to be handmade etc.)

*Yes I'm aware duct table is surplus only, it'd have some good uses in the RP server however imo
While speech of the "Old Tongue" was already suggested, heres another idea I got after watching Annihilation.

Reference here with spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB7tm_e-9FQ

What if Changelings had the capacity to use another font type, perhaps more similar to the Black Crown speechtype that comes across as an amalgamation of all those whom they have collected.

i.e. The Changeling has absorbed 11 people, including Sam Eagle, Drago Kitterson and Noah Buttes. While in horror form (or perhaps with a new changeling ability) when they speak it could show either as:

NoahSam EagleButtes: I WILL DEVOUR YOU ALL (Imagine the text in a mixture of sub and superscript, I don't know how to make that work on the forums)

An alternative to the name of whom is speaking could be either: Noam Eaguttes or Dramoah Kiteagluttes etc.

Or could simply read as: A HORRIBLE CACOPHONY

Thoughts?
Add tweezers in the game and add slivers.

Anytime you walk around barefoot, there's a .1% chance you step on a sliver. If this happens, you immediately take 1 brute damage. After that, anytime you step, there's a 5% chance you get the message "You feel a slight pain in your x foot" and a 1% chance you get the message "Oh god! Your x foot hurts like hell!" followed by 1 brute damage. Use tweezers on the correct foot to remove them.

This is a horrible idea, please don't implement this No...no, I stand by that. This is a horrible idea, please don't implement this.
(06-05-2018, 10:17 AM)Technature Wrote: Add tweezers in the game and add slivers.

Anytime you walk around barefoot, there's a .1% chance you step on a sliver. If this happens, you immediately take 1 brute damage. After that, anytime you step, there's a 5% chance you get the message "You feel a slight pain in your x foot" and a 1% chance you get the message "Oh god! Your x foot hurts like hell!" followed by 1 brute damage. Use tweezers on the correct foot to remove them.

This is a horrible idea, please don't implement this No...no, I stand by that. This is a horrible idea, please don't implement this.

If this gets implemented, I will enjoy watching you suffer.
Not even gonna try to take that shit out of anyone either.
Some kind of tweezer/tong type thing for medical removal of organs and foreign objects would be nice
(06-05-2018, 08:35 AM)Recusor Wrote: While speech of the "Old Tongue" was already suggested, heres another idea I got after watching Annihilation. 

Reference here with spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB7tm_e-9FQ 

What if Changelings had the capacity to use another font type, perhaps more similar to the Black Crown speechtype that comes across as an amalgamation of all those whom they have collected. 

i.e. The Changeling has absorbed 11 people, including Sam Eagle, Drago Kitterson and Noah Buttes. While in horror form (or perhaps with a new changeling ability) when they speak it could show either as:

NoahSam EagleButtes: I WILL DEVOUR YOU ALL (Imagine the text in a mixture of sub and superscript, I don't know how to make that work on the forums)

An alternative to the name of whom is speaking could be either: Noam Eaguttes or Dramoah Kiteagluttes etc.

Or could simply read as: A HORRIBLE CACOPHONY

Thoughts?

Would be pretty neat if that's what their speech was like in Horror form
(06-05-2018, 02:57 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Some kind of tweezer/tong type thing for medical removal of organs and foreign objects would be nice
Oh God, it's Operation all over again. Oh no, the flashbacks. No. NOOOO!
combining any three (up to to 6?) pieces of produce in a Mixer or Processor should make an X Y and Z Salad. Why is that not a thing.
From the discord conversation this morning:

A dresser that allows you to change your characters underwear setting mid round.

Like changing the color to match your shorts, or something.