Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Remove the Security Officer's optional goals.
I've seen officers use this as an excuse to permabrig people.  While it's an Adminhelpable thing when it happens, getting rid of it means I won't hear people try to justify to me why they're keeping a major source of fun in bad baby jail forever.
I hate the greentext for security, never fun to play for it and is usually near impossible to do
What are the bonus objectives for a security officer anyway? I can't remember them off the top of my head.
(05-28-2018, 07:26 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What are the bonus objectives for a security officer anyway? I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Generally they're along the lines of having an antagonist in custody on the shuttle.
(05-28-2018, 08:05 AM)SimianC Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 07:26 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What are the bonus objectives for a security officer anyway? I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Generally they're along the lines of having an antagonist in custody on the shuttle.

I don't get what's so bad about that. It seems like it'd encourage people to try to take baddies alive rather than dead.
There are three optional security officer goals:
  • Have a handcuffed antagonist on the shuttle when the round ends
  • Have an antagonist in the brig when the round ends
  • Have monsieur Stirstir unharmed and still in the brig when the round ends
The second one is the problem.
Perhaps we could tweak the goals rather than removing them? 
  • Confiscate at least 2 pieces of contraband 
  • Issue at least 3 tickets or fines
  • Have Monsieur Stirstir unharmed and still in the brig when the round ends
These seem pretty harmless to me.
(05-28-2018, 09:20 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: There are three optional security officer goals:
  • Have a handcuffed antagonist on the shuttle when the round ends
  • Have an antagonist in the brig when the round ends
The second one is the problem.

I had to explain they can't permabrig people so they can bring them on the shuttle too.

Both of them encourage shitlery sadly.

(05-28-2018, 08:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I don't get what's so bad about that. It seems like it'd encourage people to try to take baddies alive rather than dead.

(05-28-2018, 12:22 AM)Technature Wrote: I've seen officers use this as an excuse to permabrig people.
Some suggestions for new ones:

1. Use the minimum force possible this shift. Do not fire a taser or use a stun baton this round.

2. Have an antagonists butt in your inventory and escape on the shuttle alive.

3. You are a plainclothes officer. Disguise yourself as a non security crewmember and do your job under cover.

4. Fart on the clown at least 3 times this round.

5. Die an honorable death.
  • Identify all the antagonists and have their records updated to reflect this at round end
  • Ensure a 60% survival rate for the round
  • Ensure at least 25% if the crew makes it on the escape shuttle
  • Hold a trial for any major crimes
  • Get 3 fines approved
I like all of em but the fines one, rarely see any approved right now since money is as useful as a Russian food stamp. Perhaps make it 2 or 1
Is the confusion with what constitutes an antagonist? Are security officers permabrigging normal players who commit small crimes?
(05-28-2018, 11:23 AM)Technature Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 08:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

(05-28-2018, 12:22 AM)Technature Wrote: I've seen officers use this as an excuse to permabrig people.

I get the feeling that I'm missing the point or something because I don't understand how permabrigging confirmed antagonists could be considered bad.
(05-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Flourish Wrote: Is the confusion with what constitutes an antagonist? Are security officers permabrigging normal players who commit small crimes?

(05-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 08:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I get the feeling that I'm missing the point or something because I don't understand how permabrigging confirmed antagonists could be considered bad.

Maybe I'm weird with this, but hear me out.

90% of the time, the entertainment comes from antags doing shenanigans.  If those fun generators are kept in the brig, it leads to boring rounds (assuming no one comes up with a fun gimmick, which is pretty rare for non-antags) especially if they're caught early on.  While it may be possible for them to escape, it's unlikely as, one, people rarely tamper with the brig beforehand and, two, even when they do, they tend to get thrown into brigs that lead to death if they try to escape anyway (cog 1's Solitary in the main brig, for example).
(05-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Technature Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Flourish Wrote: Is the confusion with what constitutes an antagonist? Are security officers permabrigging normal players who commit small crimes?

(05-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 08:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 08:05 AM)SimianC Wrote: Generally they're along the lines of having an antagonist in custody on the shuttle.

Maybe I'm weird with this, but hear me out.

90% of the time, the entertainment comes from antags doing shenanigans.  If those fun generators are kept in the brig, it leads to boring rounds (assuming no one comes up with a fun gimmick, which is pretty rare for non-antags) especially if they're caught early on.  While it may be possible for them to escape, it's unlikely as, one, people rarely tamper with the brig beforehand and, two, even when they do, they tend to get thrown into brigs that lead to death if they try to escape anyway (cog 1's Solitary in the main brig, for example).

Keeping them in the brig is better than giving them a summary execution, which is usually the only other alternative if permabrigging is even on the table.