Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eridion-Class Colonial Frigate NCV-13
[Image: fgh6KwW.png]

Extremely minimalistic station featuring only core functionality and very little wasted space. Useful for low population, gimmick rounds or masochism.

SUPER DUPER COOL FEATURE LIST
  • Verified operational DWAINE network, including a nuclear charge for maximum zestiness
  • Entire station is less than half the size of Chiron, not even counting the science vessel
  • Engine can reach hellburn power levels (shoutouts to Avack for testing) though the sanity of actually doing this on such a small vessel is another question entirely
  • Smol brig
  • Full service bar and restaurant in a compact space, including a slot machine
  • Completely functional compact disposals system with chutes in all departments
  • Quartermaster's cargo system validated functional (buying and selling)
I am genuinely impressed at the compactness and efficiency here.

BUT as a clown main I do have the complaint of the lack of a clown tent. I do not really know how you would fit it in there, so maybe have a tiny clown shuttle that is stuck to the ship like a tumor.
Clown tent is outside the ship
This does look like a pretty good map for the low-pop games.

also
[Image: latest?cb=20150509132732]
1. the scaffolding on the sides isnt symmetrical for some reason
2. this is disgustingly impressive with how tight everything is crammed
3. how does late arrival and going to centcomm work
There's a suspended animation machine in the middle of the ship. The escape shuttle likely docks the left or right dual doors of the ship (likely the right, as that one looks like it's public while the left is in maintenance) while a merchant ship docks the other one. I didn't make the map though so maybe wait on Kubius for that answer?
Oh, i completely missed the cryo machine because of the windows rendering over the top part of it. Yeah, that's account for late arrivals. my bad.
it's like a submarine, in space
I feel like the hallways could use some little alcoves and such.

Mostly as a place to dive into for cover during firefights
I would love to see this map be played on high pop. Just once.
10/10 would play a clown called "Help Intent" on this map.
(05-26-2018, 09:04 PM)Technature Wrote: The escape shuttle likely docks the left or right dual doors of the ship (likely the right, as that one looks like it's public while the left is in maintenance) while a merchant ship docks the other one.

You got it mostly right. Airlocks (clockwise from bottom right) are escape shuttle, mining shuttle, merchant and merchant respectively.

(05-26-2018, 08:02 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: the scaffolding on the sides isnt symmetrical for some reason

This is to accomodate for shuttles, and also has the beneficial side effect of looking extremely sketchy.
Just noticed, is there gear for geneticists? Those blindfolds are pretty important to be not murdered.
Would vote for this map on highpop/10
I want to see this in rotation