Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Cuba (spiritual successor to rockstation, less shit)
NOTE 2018-07-29: This map in the Samedi form will not be returning to goon rotation for the foreseeable future due to fundamental layout issues as highlighted by several coders

[Image: VKmlYHT.jpg]
Dude, what a fun looking map, goddamn. The morgue chutes made me smile. Im liking the southwest large test chamber, but is that an entry chute attached to a conveyor belt? Im not quite sure where that would connect to, unless you just wanted it there for fun which is a good enough reason in my mind. As someone who plays silicon often I love having more airbridges to fuck with as well big grin

Probably one of the highest end mining departments ive seen too, with a bar and everything!
(05-22-2018, 05:30 AM)Recusor Wrote: Im liking the southwest large test chamber, but is that an entry chute attached to a conveyor belt?

It's for dropping things off by pod, so you don't need to take an item directly through your observation area or into the station to get it into the test chamber; the little loading chute at the left-hand side sends things to the central outlet.
Is this image cropped or is there really that little space between the station and the edge of the z-level
Cool!
(05-22-2018, 07:27 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Is this image cropped or is there really that little space between the station and the edge of the z-level

The very edge of the solars peeking out at the bottom there means it's at least somewhat cropped
(05-22-2018, 07:27 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Is this image cropped or is there really that little space between the station and the edge of the z-level

Very cropped. Offscreen is the ghost drone factory and the syndicate outpost; they aren't all that exciting, and reducing the image size saved an extremely significant amount of bandwidth.
OH MAN NO OH NO MAN OH GOD OH NO MAN OH GOD NO https://tgstation13.org/wiki/CereStation
(05-22-2018, 10:02 AM)FrozenGuy5 Wrote: OH MAN NO OH NO MAN OH GOD OH NO MAN OH GOD NO https://tgstation13.org/wiki/CereStation

I feel like the centralization by not having the outside walkways makes this pretty different still
(05-22-2018, 10:02 AM)FrozenGuy5 Wrote: OH MAN NO OH NO MAN OH GOD OH NO MAN OH GOD NO https://tgstation13.org/wiki/CereStation

Not really. CereStation is significantly larger, and has multiple ways to get from one asteroid to another with no real central juncture; Space Cuba's hallways are not only a lot shorter, but converge to the central asteroid, which serves as a natural hub for the cluster.
i wanna play this

implement it asap

Edit:Is it wrong that I wanna maroon criminals on the beach rock?
I want to play on it too.

On the medical substation, are the drink dispensers supposed to be inserted like that in the wall shared with another room ?
(05-23-2018, 01:35 AM)Haprenti Wrote: On the medical substation, are the drink dispensers supposed to be inserted like that in the wall shared with another room ?

Quite intentional. The Pharmacy has full alcohol access, for the purpose of readying more old-school treatments, and/or getting the medical staff wasted.
Changelog:
"Samedi removed from regular map rotation pending a rework to account for player feedback."

Would it be rude if I asked how the rework is coming along?
All things in the FIX THIS SHIT thread are fixed, plus a little, and the file has been sent back to Goon folk and confirmed operational. It's yet to return to rotation because of some qualms with Medbay's non-central position, but a total positional restructure is out of the question, so if you'd like it back in rotation you'll have to talk to the admins about it.