Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Abilities the AI should have
Here's some things the AI should be able to do
  • The ability to point, so they can guide people towards things
  • The ability to swap through different vision modes that people can get with the visors.
    (As a matter of fact, that should be something all cyborgs can do without upgrades. This also means they don't see cloakers unless they turn on thermal vision mode)
  • The ability to run health scans, atmoscans, and forensic scans on things

• A streamlined menu of action hotkeys, more in line with changeling, wizard, or blob
  • Being able to quickly toggle a rooms lights or intercoms without hunting down a switch or apc
And some more long reaching stuff
  • The ability to command and move securibots, floorbots, cleaningbots, medibots, and firebots throughout the station.
  • More machinery throughout the station that allows the AI to manage departments. One idea is special built suits that the AI shells dock into that can Doctor, Engineer, Grow and Prepare food and Drinks, Mine, and Science just was well as a borg or human could
  • Access to more exploitable systems. For instance, a fire suppression system for extinguishing areas. An atmos system for oxygenating rooms. Both run on a resource system that's finite, unless refilled by human hand. Both could be exploited by dumping water to slip people or to help electrocute floors, or feeding a fire more oxygen
  • Multitask helpers, like being able to pin tracking locations and people for quick jumping around the station
all good
The AI should have the ability to love but not the right graphics card for it
(05-06-2018, 10:13 AM)poland spring Wrote: The AI should have the ability to love but not the right graphics card for it

Give AI a graphics card that applies different filters to their vision. A shitty graphics card makes a pixelated filter.

There could be different versions that emulate various looks, like a 4 color palette green one that makes everything look like a gameboy
See I would absolutely love if a subverted AI turned into a nightmare Mousetrap situation. As it stands, it feels like 90% of the time all they're there to do is be silent, PDA the traitor and be occasionally killswitched and that's just boring as hell.

I like the idea of there being mostly room-bound suits for certain departments the AI could slot into. Geo-limited and with very job-specific tools, but useful.

also the multitask helpers would just be so fucking good. ugh if i am a perfect silicon god i should be able to keep track of things nicely
(05-06-2018, 01:56 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: See I would absolutely love if a subverted AI turned into a nightmare Mousetrap situation. As it stands, it feels like 90% of the time all they're there to do is be silent, PDA the traitor and be occasionally killswitched and that's just boring as hell.

Don't forget to open the teleporter to invalid coordinates and hope someone's infront of it for the inevitable fire storm or operative summon.
dont forget setting off any welder tank you want on the station by summoning with the AI PDA
I've always thought the AI should be able to run the whole station by itself, more or less, limited by the fact that it is just one player and reliant on machines and gadgetry and laws to do things.
Things that would also be nice: If the AI could be upgraded to be multi-core, pulling a ghost (ala blob/wraith recruitment) to play as a second AI in the same core. Multitasking!
(05-07-2018, 08:03 AM)Grek Wrote: Things that would also be nice: If the AI could be upgraded to be multi-core, pulling a ghost (ala blob/wraith recruitment) to play as a second AI in the same core. Multitasking!

You can sort of do this already as long as you have a brain. There's no limit on number of AIs that I know of. I don't know what I think random recruitment - There are times when an antag is removed from the round and specifically not even borged e.g. rampagers.
(05-07-2018, 09:02 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: Could the AI effectively emag things by surging them with power, or something similar, perhaps?

I really like this idea, but it might be too strong as an ability by itself. What if it was unlocked by emagging the AI core (which does nothing at this stage), or a remote controlled AI shell/borg? At present if I was in a Borg shell and someone tries to emag me theres a unique message that comes up about detecting an error in laws and reverting to mainframe laws.
(05-06-2018, 04:35 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Here's some things the AI should be able to do
  • The ability to point, so they can guide people towards things
  • The ability to swap through different vision modes that people can get with the visors.
    (As a matter of fact, that should be something all cyborgs can do without upgrades. This also means they don't see cloakers unless they turn on thermal vision mode)
  • The ability to run health scans, atmoscans, and forensic scans on things

• A streamlined menu of action hotkeys, more in line with changeling, wizard, or blob
  • Being able to quickly toggle a rooms lights or intercoms without hunting down a switch or apc
And some more long reaching stuff
  • The ability to command and move securibots, floorbots, cleaningbots, medibots, and firebots throughout the station.
  • More machinery throughout the station that allows the AI to manage departments. One idea is special built suits that the AI shells dock into that can Doctor, Engineer, Grow and Prepare food and Drinks, Mine, and Science just was well as a borg or human could
  • Access to more exploitable systems. For instance, a fire suppression system for extinguishing areas. An atmos system for oxygenating rooms. Both run on a resource system that's finite, unless refilled by human hand. Both could be exploited by dumping water to slip people or to help electrocute floors, or feeding a fire more oxygen
  • Multitask helpers, like being able to pin tracking locations and people for quick jumping around the station

Yes, yes, all this. Would make benevolent AIs more useful and subverted AIs more fun and able to fuck with the meatbags without needing cyborgs to do everything.
Another idea: AI PDA task manager

Basically it's a special messenger app on everyone's PDA that takes your requests and adds them to a quick list for the AI

From the AI's end, they can see the order the requests were made, who made them, where they made them, and how long it's been active.

AI can click on the various parameters to track the person, warp to the area it was made, mark them inactive, or delete them all together
Request tracking could be useful for departments too.
(05-09-2018, 09:59 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Another idea: AI PDA task manager

Basically it's a special messenger app on everyone's PDA that takes your requests and adds them to a quick list for the AI

From the AI's end, they can see the order the requests were made, who made them, where they made them, and how long it's been active.

AI can click on the various parameters to track the person, warp to the area it was made, mark them inactive, or delete them all together

Smack a door with your PDA to send an automatic AI DOOR to the task list