Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
(04-13-2018, 06:21 AM)Readster Wrote: I have over 1000 hours in Smite it's basically all I play nowadays.
Best Moba around
(04-12-2018, 12:35 PM)Recusor Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 11:53 AM)Mordent Wrote: ... SpyParty ...
I read this article about the game, sounds really interesting
https://kotaku.com/after-nearly-a-decade...1824147658

Sounds super fun. Is this an active game where I can play against random others and find a quick match?

Wasn't there a game with a similar concept awhile back, "The Ship"?
(04-14-2018, 06:44 AM)Salami Sam Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 12:35 PM)Recusor Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 11:53 AM)Mordent Wrote: ... SpyParty ...
I read this article about the game, sounds really interesting
https://kotaku.com/after-nearly-a-decade...1824147658

Sounds super fun. Is this an active game where I can play against random others and find a quick match?

Wasn't there a game with a similar concept awhile back, "The Ship"?

This is a very active game, and the good news is that as it appeared on Steam the other day there's a lot of newbies around. The community is great, too. No idea about "The Ship".
The Ship is different in that it's a boat full of assassins. Every player knows their target, but not who is targeting them. The goal is to take out your target stealthfully while identifying and avoiding who is targeting you.

You've also got to deal with motivations like hunger or hygiene.
(03-27-2018, 10:33 PM)Technature Wrote: I've been playing the SHIT out of the Streets of Rogue.

Streets of Rogue gets my definite seal of approval. Hot seat co-op! Fun and emergent gameplay! So many means to solve the missions!

Original content: UnReal World. Iron Age wilderness survival in sparcely settled world.

Hunt! Build a sauna! Sacrifice to spirits for hunting luck! Fight off hostile people! Die to a pot of mushrooms you couldn't identify being bad! Since early 1990's!
Cataclysm dark days ahead is a blast. Live inside a tank fitted with all the comforts of home as you crush a hoard of monsters beneath your wheels. If you like the idea of gathering resources to make stuff, and surviving odds stacked against you in a merciless hell then youll probably like it. ALWAYS get the experimental build.
I've been enjoying Parkitect a lot.
I've been playing the Infamous games back to back since I beat Second Son and they are damn good games. If you are looking for something to just have fun in where your choices effect you and everyone around you then I highly recommend these games.
I've been playing through all the Metal Gear games again while my girlfriend watches. It's been a lot of me trying to explain what's going on and her roasting me over how into the little artistic touches in the game design I'll get.
(04-15-2018, 12:38 PM)Sitoutumaton Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 10:33 PM)Technature Wrote: I've been playing the SHIT out of the Streets of Rogue.

Streets of Rogue gets my definite seal of approval. Hot seat co-op! Fun and emergent gameplay! So many means to solve the missions!

Original content: UnReal World. Iron Age wilderness survival in sparcely settled world.

Hunt! Build a sauna! Sacrifice to spirits for hunting luck! Fight off hostile people! Die to a pot of mushrooms you couldn't identify being bad! Since early 1990's!

I like both alot, though URW is one of my mainstays over the years. It really feels like nature is tryin' to, slowly (sometimes not-so-slowly) strangle the life outta you. Only game that's really given me that feelin'.

(04-15-2018, 02:11 PM)Dions Wrote: Cataclysm dark days ahead is a blast. Live inside a tank fitted with all the comforts of home as you crush a hoard of monsters beneath your wheels. If you like the idea of gathering resources to make stuff, and surviving odds stacked against you in a merciless hell then youll probably like it. ALWAYS get the experimental build.

hell yeah man

(04-19-2018, 01:15 PM)TheDK Wrote: I've been enjoying Parkitect a lot.

Did you play the old RC-Tycoon games? Is it comparable/better in terms of mechanics? I'm always looking for good management and simulation games that won't fry my potato. Usually to wind up sad when they take out the management or dumb down the simulation.

(04-19-2018, 02:31 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've been playing through all the Metal Gear games again while my girlfriend watches. It's been a lot of me trying to explain what's going on and her roasting me over how into the little artistic touches in the game design I'll get.
DAH Dah daaah, dah Dah dah Dahh dadahh, dah Dah dAH, DAH Dah dah daah dadah, dah Dah DAHHH, dah Dah DAh dAh dah dahh, dahDah DAAh Dah dAh dah dah Daaaaaaadah.
1. Frank's got a girlfriend, he's gonna get cooties

2. Been playing through the godfather game on the PS2 anad it's fuckin awesome, it's like GTA but you have to earn everything the fun way, 1 man raids against enemy factions and gang wars with swaying sides and allies, the thing was far ahead of it's time
heroes of the storm is a pretty good moba for people who are either new (me) to the genre or don't really care for mobas.

some of my other favorites include fallout new vegas which i believe is one of the most well written games out there. if you like fallout and also like a convincing story and world and like to roleplay, you'll have a blast with this one.

also a good game/series is the yakuza series. despite the title you don't actually play as a guy in the yakuza (not for long, anyway) the story presents itself seriously but is tempered with comedy and humor (think how it is in metal gear). gameplay wise it's a 3d brawler action rpg. you get xp from fights, upgrade your health, heat (stamina), unlock new combat moves, etc
(04-19-2018, 05:22 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: 1. Frank's got a girlfriend, he's gonna get cooties

2. Been playing through the godfather game on the PS2 anad it's fuckin awesome, it's like GTA but you have to earn everything the fun way, 1 man raids against enemy factions and gang wars with swaying sides and allies, the thing was far ahead of it's time

God, using Dual sticks to punch people is such a good feeling in video games and I wish more people made that design choice. The Punisher and Robot Alchemic Drive both do that and it's fantastic
(04-19-2018, 06:35 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: heroes of the storm is a pretty good moba for people who are either new (me) to the genre or don't really care for mobas.

also a good game/series is the yakuza series. despite the title you don't actually play as a guy in the yakuza (not for long, anyway) the story presents itself seriously but is tempered with comedy and humor (think how it is in metal gear). gameplay wise it's a 3d brawler action rpg. you get xp from fights, upgrade your health, heat (stamina), unlock new combat moves, etc

I find HotS has a less hostile fanbase than most too.  Can still get pretty nasty at times though.

Also, chicken scene on first page.
HoTS is a great casual MOBA and Illidan is a fantastic hero.