Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The War Crimes of Station Design
He did it.
He did the medbay jazz lounge
Needs a LOT more clutter. The walk from outside of medbay to inside looks pretty long, can see that being a problem. Also only one entry to the whole department (plus adjacent maintenance tunnel) makes bombing to separate it from everywhere else pretty trivial. Robotics and surgery need blinds and non-glass doors for murder-surgery.
(04-12-2018, 05:58 PM)Recusor Wrote: I really like how spacious Robotics is! Also looking forward to all of the drunk doctors. Drunker than normal I mean. That PTL placement is... inspired big grin

Idea 100% jacked from Arborinus, I think. 

(04-12-2018, 10:39 PM)Mordent Wrote: Needs a LOT more clutter. The walk from outside of medbay to inside looks pretty long, can see that being a problem. Also only one entry to the whole department (plus adjacent maintenance tunnel) makes bombing to separate it from everywhere else pretty trivial. Robotics and surgery need blinds and non-glass doors for murder-surgery.

Define clutter? I haven't placed many of the furnishings yet, it's mostly to get a feel for room layout. 
also yeah it's super suceptible to being cut off, I was thinking of maybe adding a shuttle or a catwalk around to it, but I do want to keep it on the edge of the station in general so i might need to move it somewhere that the engine doesnt impede.
Update as of right now, with security in place with much thanks to a bunch of people on the discord. 
Also this map now has a name thanks to New525. 
Lunic Station 
[Image: Lunic_Station_April14.png]
idea: make the airlock room before pathology a little bigger (like a 2x2 instead of a 1x2 hall) for biohazard suit lockers

also maybe put an airlock in that blue room above the combustion chamber in order to reach the chamber from engineering

if theres nothing planned for the research colored room left of the crusher, maybe have that be a little dingier like maint and turn it into tech storage? it being literally above the captain's room makes it a perfect spot for being a pro hacker criminal right under their nose

just my ideas, sorry if anything makes no sense/has already been said, im not in the discord or irc
good idears
the research-colored room is likely gonna be the janitor's closet,
also the burn chamber is accessible from main engineering, should it be from the cold loop too ?

here you go for now 
 [Image: lunic.png]
...does...

Does the hot loop fucking vent into the clowns room?! A-and... you've given the hot loop a heat sink out in space which is cool but, you ran the entire stations air hookups over it too?

What is wrong with you, you sadist
(04-22-2018, 04:48 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: What is wrong with you, you inspired genius

Also, I think that you need to update your Chapel Mass Driver path, it looks like the body would just hit a wall right now.
(04-22-2018, 04:48 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: ...does...

Does the hot loop fucking vent into the clowns room?! A-and... you've given the hot loop a heat sink out in space which is cool but, you ran the entire stations air hookups over it too?

What is wrong with you, you sadist

the hot loop also heats the pool if so desired. 
all of those features you identified are tied to a master valve in engineering though, so it's not like any old staff assistant can immediately jump at it. It does allow you to gas the clown's room if you have a canister though. 

(04-23-2018, 05:09 AM)Recusor Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:48 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: What is wrong with you, you inspired genius

Also, I think that you need to update your Chapel Mass Driver path, it looks like the body would just hit a wall right now.

Yep! I added the additional doors as I work down, will post a new update soon-ish
Serious issue with the non-clown hot loop vent: the vent *needs* to be on a space tile, otherwise you're going to run into issues with the heat passing through walls.
(04-25-2018, 05:04 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Serious issue with the non-clown hot loop vent: the vent *needs* to be on a space tile, otherwise you're going to run into issues with the heat passing through walls.

Noted! Will fix that asap. 
This is the kind of feedback I really sorely need because i'm not only bad at SS13, i'm really bad.
ok it's not a perfect crescent but this is lookin to be about the end shape of Lunic. 
still missing a few key rooms that im gonna need to shoehorn in, or replace one of the empty multipurpose rooms with- I know i need a computer core in here, but I'm probably forgetting the rest. 
Please point them out. 
(remember, its supposed to be technically "complete" department-wise, but not necessarily "good" ) 

[Image: lunic_april_28.png]  
any of the podbays for sec?
(04-28-2018, 12:05 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: any of the podbays for sec?

Not right now, but if you can make a case for their importance to me, a sec-hating pubbie, i'll make some room for a private bay !
Sec Pods are important for Nuke Op rounds and for investigating changelings eating radio station hosts.