Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(01-19-2018, 11:11 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Fine I will, but when someone complains I'm making too many suggestion threads I'm holding you both accountable.

Bah I made 4 this week, you'll be fine
(01-19-2018, 11:11 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Fine I will, but when someone complains I'm making too many suggestion threads I'm holding you both accountable.

Nah, I think any idea that gains traction here oughta get it's open thread  Personally I agree with this and would add that a department radio hothey oughta be added as well. It's all just a little bit faster than trying to make sure you type an extra character to your speech
It's great that I can salt the rim of cocktail glasses while playing barman, but I should be able to do that with any granular substance. Let me put pepper or thermite on the rim of a glass of Prarie Fire, damn it!
Ballpits in the Brig, perhaps with a secret dungeon if they bring a sacrifice for the honkmother or if they're in a full clown suit/ a certified clown
Being able to SHOUT. This would allow players who are out of sight (say behind a wall) but within moderate range of the shouter to hear a muffled version of what they are saying (or the full version if they are in sight). A bit like a bigger range version the whisper verb? Could be used if radios are out and you need help. Or maybe just spook nearby players with death threats I dunno. Seeing as how important communication is it'd break other mechanics I'm sure.

Dumb idea
Have shouts give hearers a direction of the epicentre.

Stupid Dumb Idea
Brownie points if having the High-Pressure Larynx mutation and shouting deafens nearby players.

Stupid Dumb Eee-diot idea
If you have an empowered High-Pressure Larynx and shout "FUS RO DAH!" you gib (comparable to empowered superfarts).
Scanning a dead body in the cloner or attempting to clone someone gives a pop-up warning "THIS PERSON IS A DIRTY PURITAN" (or just angry red text) for puritans

Because I need more reasons to sass medical crew for cloning puritans.

You dirty puritans.
The medical records a next to the cloner. Even if you suck a ThinkDOS, you can still check them.
You are under no obligation to check prior to attempting to clone a puritan. That doesn't mean you shouldn't check, but by taking Puritan as a trait they agreed to the risk.
(01-24-2018, 05:22 AM)Mordent Wrote: You are under no obligation to check prior to attempting to clone a puritan. That doesn't mean you shouldn't check, but by taking Puritan as a trait they agreed to the risk.

I thought it was just trial and error, if they explode then you know for next time maybe
(01-24-2018, 05:49 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 05:22 AM)Mordent Wrote: You are under no obligation to check prior to attempting to clone a puritan. That doesn't mean you shouldn't check, but by taking Puritan as a trait they agreed to the risk.

I thought it was just trial and error, if they explode then you know for next time maybe

(01-24-2018, 05:17 AM)medsal15 Wrote: The medical records a next to the cloner. Even if you suck a ThinkDOS, you can still check them.

I recommend the below quote not as a reminder to check, but as a potential hint that you even can.
I'm pretty sure 90% of everybody aren't even aware it exists.
(The medical records I mean, not that you can check traits)
Sartorius' dreams gave me this idea.

A trader ship-only cyber-eye implant that forces you to see in Dwarf Fortress-style ASCII vision. That's basically it.
(01-24-2018, 09:12 AM)Calebc789 Wrote: Sartorius' dreams gave me this idea.

A trader ship-only cyber-eye implant that forces you to see in Dwarf Fortress-style ASCII vision. That's basically it.

I'm in
(01-24-2018, 08:18 AM)Technature Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 05:49 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:

(01-24-2018, 05:17 AM)medsal15 Wrote: The medical records a next to the cloner. Even if you suck a ThinkDOS, you can still check them.

I recommend the below quote not as a reminder to check, but as a potential hint that you even can.
I'm pretty sure 90% of everybody aren't even aware it exists.
(The medical records I mean, not that you can check traits)

It's also in your pda (files, medical records)

I tried keeping a paper on the cloner with a list of the puritans for those who are lazy but no one really cares

It's not a "oh i dont want to take melanie blowfist or roger ivanov out of the round" more of a "some idiot just made the cloner a bloody mess" and i have to manually pull the gibs away to clean em off
(01-24-2018, 10:15 AM)Eibel Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 08:18 AM)Technature Wrote: I recommend the below quote not as a reminder to check, but as a potential hint that you even can.I'm pretty sure 90% of everybody aren't even aware it exists.(The medical records I mean, not that you can check traits)
It's also in your pda (files, medical records)

I tried keeping a paper on the cloner with a list of the puritans for those who are lazy but no one really cares

It's not a "oh i dont want to take melanie blowfist or roger ivanov out of the round" more of a "some idiot just made the cloner a bloody mess" and i have to manually pull the gibs away to clean em off

This is exactly what I mean, I had no idea you could check your PDA for medical records.  All I knew it as was as a fancy health checker.
Holy fuck there needs to be someone giving lessons to every medical person literally every round I swear.
(01-24-2018, 10:49 AM)Technature Wrote: This is exactly what I mean, I had no idea you could check your PDA for medical records.  All I knew it as was as a fancy health checker.
Holy fuck there needs to be someone giving lessons to every medical person literally every round I swear.
https://wiki.ss13.co/PDA#Cartridges
Med-U Cart, Medical records: v
If you ever opened the 'File Browser' on the PDA, you could not have missed it. So are the port-a-NanoMed , the port-a-StasisBed, the reagent scanner...
You are gonna have a fun round playing 'Robustris'.