Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Law Implants
I may or may not have just decided to code this

Watch this space
Good progress has been made. I have pushed my way through the mire that is surgery code and made a parent item for large cranial implants.

Tomorrow i will be busy, i hope to get this done on friday.

And then, if i still have the drive for it, i'm going to start breaking up the borg patch and posting the finished sections to the patches subforum.
god bless
(01-17-2018, 06:07 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: Tacking on an old idea i had since this is vaguely related

a related "brain implant" that instead functions like an AI interface card. Finally get a use for synthbrains! Jam it into your HORRIFYING GENETICALLY-AUGMENTED, CYBERNETICLY IMPROVED FRANKENSTEIN's plantbrain (or a real brain if youre a nefarious neerdowell) and let the ai control it in order to create the perfect lifeform.

Now this i can get behind! 
for added comedic value interdepartmental cooperation, have the implant jam into a (synth)brainburger, and then put that in your weird corpse thing. Then shock it to bring it online as a shell.
Horrible Idea: Let geneticists stick a law implant in the cloner which automatically becomes inserted into the next person cloned.

Mostly because execute order 66.
(01-18-2018, 02:30 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Horrible Idea: Let geneticists stick a law implant in the cloner which automatically becomes inserted into the next person cloned.

To be fair if somebody with a flash wanted to stick one of these into you as soon as you finished being cloned there's fuck all you can do about it anyway
(01-18-2018, 05:54 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 02:30 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Horrible Idea: Let geneticists stick a law implant in the cloner which automatically becomes inserted into the next person cloned.

To be fair if somebody with a flash wanted to stick one of these into you as soon as you finished being cloned there's fuck all you can do about it anyway
Don't even need a flash, just gotta be really quick with your locker and welder or good at dragging someone to a surgery table within 15 seconds of them coming out
Alright, it is once again time. Watch this space.
This is basically finished. It will be done tomorrow.
I find the idea of subverted laws + a bunch of law-implanted clones/crewmen to be absolutely terrifying and hilarious. I do have concerns whether it'd lean into the "trying to become a traitor" route if not careful but I think there might be potential safeguards against that.

However, I find it even more hilarious to imagine security forcibly law-implanting petty criminals to make them behave, up until an unrelated traitor subverts the AI and suddenly you have a bunch of lawless ne'er-do-wells with a thirst for revenge.

edit: also i support expensive and convoluted ai/borg cards that allow them to control a living body
Implanting their brain into a corpse ?
(01-21-2018, 05:06 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I find the idea of subverted laws + a bunch of law-implanted clones/crewmen to be absolutely terrifying and hilarious. I do have concerns whether it'd lean into the "trying to become a traitor" route if not careful but I think there might be potential safeguards against that.

However, I find it even more hilarious to imagine security forcibly law-implanting petty criminals to make them behave, up until an unrelated traitor subverts the AI and suddenly you have a bunch of lawless ne'er-do-wells with a thirst for revenge.

edit: also i support expensive and convoluted ai/borg cards that allow them to control a living body

There's plenty of electrical, radioactive, brain damaging and explosive deterrents built into the implant to prevent people from messing around with the AI laws while they're implanted. 

I suppose somebody could get one put into their head every round just in case the AI gets rogued, but there's not much you can do about that code-wise, that's the sort of thing you have to leave down to the admins.

I'm still trying to figure out what would be the best way to distribute these. I like the idea of putting them into the robotics fabricators but there's the potential for people using them as mindslaves there. Even still, i'm half of the opinion that if somebody is willing to go to the effort of subverting the AI, manufacturing these implants, tracking people and bringing them to an optable without killing them and shoving one of these implants into their head all without getting caught and making sure nobody resets the AI they probably deserve their pseudo-mindslave army.
At the very least, this would make for an interesting Roboticist traitor item
(01-21-2018, 05:53 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what would be the best way to distribute these.

Are they Device Analyzer/ruckingenur kit compatible? If they are, you can just put 3 or 4 on the station and leave the mass-production in the hands of the player.

The old 'Loyalty-implants' are available in the armory/Sec HQ supply area. Since these are the fun way to 'ensure loyalty', I am all for replacing them outright.

Or how about the security supplies vendor? Maybe as a hack-item?
The AsylumVIP Resort Adventure Zonehas been mentioned, but that would make these rather hard to access for the more casual Officer.
So I am all for putting them there, but they should also be available though other means.

Can they be removed without destroying the implant?
If they are and can be bought as a Roboticist traitor item it would be the ultimate ironic punishment for a traitor Roboticist.
(01-22-2018, 06:07 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 05:53 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what would be the best way to distribute these.

Are they Device Analyzer/ruckingenur kit compatible? If they are, you can just put 3 or 4 on the station and leave the mass-production in the hands of the player.

The old 'Loyalty-implants' are available in the armory/Sec HQ supply area. Since these are the fun way to 'ensure loyalty', I am all for replacing them outright.

Or how about the security supplies vendor? Maybe as a hack-item?
The AsylumVIP Resort Adventure Zonehas been mentioned, but that would make these rather hard to access for the more casual Officer.
So I am all for putting them there, but they should also be available though other means.

Can they be removed without destroying the implant?
If they are and can be bought as a Roboticist traitor item it would be the ultimate ironic punishment for a traitor Roboticist.

I quite the like the idea of this. Maybe replace the loyalty implants in sec, add one box to robotics and put one or two in each secvendor as a hidden item. Seems like enough to me.

Though some kind of QM implant crate would be nice too, if we don't have one already