Goonstation Forums
Law Implants - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Law Implants (/showthread.php?tid=9887)

Pages: 1 2 3

Law Implants - Lady Birb - 01-15-2018

A unique implant available from hacked robotics fabricators(or maybe stuff them somewhere in the debris field), that is too large to fit in standard injectors, so instead you need to preform the first two steps to brain removal surgery(Scapel-saw) to expose the brain, manually stuff the implant in there, then close em' up with sutures. When someone has this implant in them, it forces them to follow the current AI laws. Great for neutralizing antagonists without costing them their powers, or as a discount mindslave if you have subverted the AI.

RE: Law Implants - NateTheSquid - 01-16-2018

i'd love this but not as something you can MAKE, it'd be too easy to use as a mindslave. if there was just one or two in space somewhere

RE: Law Implants - poland spring - 01-16-2018

It would be PERFECT to stick in the Asylum. Mind control experiment that can go TERRIBLY WRONG? Perfect!

RE: Law Implants - Wisecrack34 - 01-16-2018

How about having 2 in the Arsenal but already have injectors, they just require a solid 15 seconds of waiting to use so they won't work in the thick of a fight

RE: Law Implants - The Grim Sleeper - 01-16-2018

Iirc, there is a box of 'Loyalty Implants' already on the station, usually in the armory. You can also order more of them via the QM. These are almost never used because they are boring and technically only useful in revolution rounds, which are rare.

Replacing those with these Asimov Implants sounds absolutely awesome!

Note though: humans are capable of using the AI-console to change the laws. So a special rule should be added that you aren't allowed to do that.

RE: Law Implants - Haprenti - 01-16-2018

Definitely stick with the fact you have to implant it directly in the brain, to prevent people from implanting themselves when current laws make silicons rogue.

RE: Law Implants - Lady Birb - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 01:37 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Iirc, there is a box of 'Loyalty Implants' already on the station, usually in the armory. You can also order more of them via the QM. These are almost never used because they are boring and technically only useful in revolution rounds, which are rare.

Replacing those with these Asimov Implants sounds absolutely awesome!

Note though: humans are capable of using the AI-console to change the laws. So a special rule should be added that you aren't allowed to do that.

I would keep the loyalty implants as they are. Maybe add a box or two of law implants to the armory.

As for your note, I suggest that picking up an AI module of any kind while you have a law implant should instantly cause your head to explode, destroying your brain in the process.

RE: Law Implants - babayetu83 - 01-16-2018

id like this as something you can make since actually getting someone to implant with this is a pain in the ass and realistically i think these would probably be underutilized. yes, you can mindslave people with these, but people subverting the ai is such a rarity these days. i would suggest adding a key or something so that you would have to sync up the ai laws and the laws on the implant

RE: Law Implants - Frank_Stein - 01-16-2018

Why not just have them run on their own set of unique ingrained laws?

RE: Law Implants - Lady Birb - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 05:21 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Why not just have them run on their own set of unique ingrained laws?

Hmm. Maybe we could have it run the default laws independent of the current AI laws by default, but emagging the implant will wipe it's built-in laws and force it to default to the current AI laws as a backup? If you want to use it as a discount mindslave, you will need to get your hands on an emag.

RE: Law Implants - The Grim Sleeper - 01-17-2018

(01-16-2018, 05:31 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 05:21 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Why not just have them run on their own set of unique ingrained laws?
an emag.

I feel the whole appeal of Law-implants is that they are subject to the same fluctuation as the AI-laws. When you subvert the AI, you also 'release' all the humans with Law-implants.

RE: Law Implants - Lady Birb - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 12:43 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I feel the whole appeal of Law-implants is that they are subject to the same fluctuation as the AI-laws. When you subvert the AI, you also 'release' all the humans with Law-implants.

Yeah, I don't really know why I brought it up. I would honestly prefer if law implants were always synced to the AI laws.

RE: Law Implants - poland spring - 01-17-2018

How about electric shocks/stuns automatically knock you unconscious since there's a god damn implant in your brain? that would cut down on the abuse and follow its intent as more of a punishment than a reward

RE: Law Implants - cyberTripping - 01-17-2018

Tacking on an old idea i had since this is vaguely related

a related "brain implant" that instead functions like an AI interface card. Finally get a use for synthbrains! Jam it into your HORRIFYING GENETICALLY-AUGMENTED, CYBERNETICLY IMPROVED FRANKENSTEIN's plantbrain (or a real brain if youre a nefarious neerdowell) and let the ai control it in order to create the perfect lifeform.

RE: Law Implants - Wisecrack34 - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 06:07 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: Tacking on an old idea i had since this is vaguely related

a related "brain implant" that instead functions like an AI interface card. Finally get a use for synthbrains! Jam it into your HORRIFYING GENETICALLY-AUGMENTED, CYBERNETICLY IMPROVED FRANKENSTEIN's plantbrain (or a real brain if youre a nefarious neerdowell) and let the ai control it in order to create the perfect lifeform.

10/10
[Image: 03-07u-burnslaugh.gif]