Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Partial DANA sample cloning
Would be interesting if you could clone someone just by using a DNA sample from things like blood, bones and organs, or Gibs. As a consequence of not being scanned properly, clones made this way have multiple disabilities
This would be really bad for traitors. The big appeal of putting in the extra effort to gib folks is to keep them dead.
No.

If you clone someone from gibs, you clone them as a meatcube.
(01-16-2018, 06:11 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: If you clone someone from gibs, you clone them as a meatcube.
(01-16-2018, 05:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Partial DANA sample cloning

So who is 'Dana Sample', and why is she being cloned, but only for a little bit?
(01-17-2018, 12:48 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 05:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Partial DANA sample cloning

So who is 'Dana Sample', and why is she being cloned, but only for a little bit?

Actually a PRETTY FANTASTIC spaceman name. MIght use it for my next nukeop.
That's what I get posting from my phone
ok so if theyre cloned from partial ingredients they are spawned as a meatcube named Dana Sample sounds good
Could be made if the process was longer and involved quite a few steps, including chemistry, surgery to ingrain a monkey brain with your brain structure.
(01-17-2018, 05:57 AM)poland spring Wrote: ok so if theyre cloned from partial ingredients they are spawned as a meatcube named Dana Sample sounds good
I'd be okay with sentient meat cubes.

Anyway, I think it would also be neat if you could use a partial dna sample to recreate organs and limbs with the slight possibility that things go terribly wrong if one person clones their arm 60 times and sells them as fresh arms. Also emag/hack for butt cloning.
i think you should be at least able to clone people with a severed limb
(01-17-2018, 03:30 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think you should be at least able to clone people with a severed limb

Cue Geneticists offering "sample tissue cloning" where they chop your arm/foot off and store it in a locker so that when they find out you died you can be cloned quickly.
Inject a limb with SR and attach it to someone. The limb's original owner will be able to talk to the new host. Add in some nanomachines and they can even control that limb, and eventually start to take over with enough emagging.
(01-17-2018, 05:18 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Inject a limb with SR and attach it to someone. The limb's original owner will be able to talk to the new host. Add in some nanomachines and they can even control that limb, and eventually start to take over with enough emagging.

I wanna acknowledge your metal gear joke, but that first part sounds like a good way to make non-hostile hand/leg/eye spiders