Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revamp the post-sol disaster round
Idea: A special player antagonist specific to disaster rounds. Slow, but powerful and tough. More there to keep people moving and from hiding, since they can thoroughly check lockers and chutes

Heck, maybe two antagonists, with one much faster but not able to do much but scout out and slow down victims for the first one
How about a summoner? they summon monsters throughout the round and chaos ensues
There definitely needs to be some other sort of objective to disaster mode other than simply escaping. Maybe some sort of rotating objective like building something, wiring up the solars or some other things. Then once those are done the shuttle gets called. If the crew takes too long round will just end on a loss.
(10-05-2017, 02:28 PM)Sord213 Wrote: There definitely needs to be some other sort of objective to disaster mode other than simply escaping. Maybe some sort of rotating objective like building something, wiring up the solars or some other things. Then once those are done the shuttle gets called. If the crew takes too long round will just end on a loss.

I like the idea of that, but don't agree with extending the round, 25 minutes seems like enough for the disaster round.

There does need to be some purpose, relating to the statement before on having a big boss, why don't we have a creature that spawns other little creatures that do things like the changeling ones, and dead people can become them. There should be something for dead people to do so they don't get bored as well, and something for alive people to actively hide from and fight.
Make ghosts visible, let them talk to the living? Then ghost players can try to help the people still alive/trick them into also dying?

All the weird void shit going on gives you a lot of room for equally weird stuff to do with the round
Easy-to-code idea for a disaster round antagonist: an invincible, infinite-point wraith that can become a revenant at will instead of needing to possess a corpse, and revert back into it's ghost form any time it wants. Let's see people try to hide in one area the whole round when they have an invincible revenant trying to telekinetically crush them into gibs.
Throw some disasters into the mix.

Also maybe add some really hard-to kill monsters that spawn in large areas or something...

but mostly we need stuff like electrical storms or meteors or rooms randomly catching on fire or exploding.
just make critters check lockers and crates for people hiding in them
(10-05-2017, 05:01 PM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Also maybe add some really hard-to kill monsters that spawn in large areas or something...
i like this. slightly bigger stronger monsters in big open areas that give guns and shit when killed, to give an edge against the rest of the stuff during disaster rounds.
along with making the rest of the monsters a little better overall to make getting bigger guns actually useful
I want the station to have adventure zones bits inside. The kitchen, for example, would probably become meat station.
this mode was coded ages ago so ofc it's out of date
(10-07-2017, 02:59 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: this mode was coded ages ago so ofc it's out of date

That is kind of the point of why we’re asking for it to be updated.

(10-05-2017, 05:05 PM)Berrik Wrote: just make critters check lockers and crates for people hiding in them

I think a couple of people here are misunderstanding something. People aren’t using the lockers to hide, they’re using them to barricade off escape. If the monsters could smash past that they’d use walls or something instead and if that didn’t work they’d flee out into space instead because there’s no incentive to actually fight an infinite horde of monsters.
(10-04-2017, 08:37 PM)Whoneedspacee Wrote: As the person running these disaster rounds, I was testing and exploring things in the disaster rounds so having them be "admin fun times" would kinda suck. Most of what makes the disaster round boring is that the station barely changes and just becomes a spamfest of adventure zone critters while the station lacks any proper way to deal with them other than hiding and gains nothing in attacking them.

There needs to be something for the people who stay on the station to explore, create, whatever, the jobs later on are good but considering the hallways are just filled with enemies there's really not a whole lot you can do.

I don't have the solution to your problems, but I will say that we learned what we needed to learn and the solarium runs will definitely be less frequent (unless someone else runs them)

Update: after posting this, he proceeded to speedrun sol and trigger a disaster round specifically because someone asked him not to.

So unless we remove the shitty feature that lets one guy crash the current round and mess up the next one, please just make it more interesting instead
How the fuck does one guy speedrun sol anyway? I don't recall what you need to do in order to actually finish it, but isn't it hellishly dangerous in certain parts??
(10-08-2017, 07:56 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: How the fuck does one guy speedrun sol anyway? I don't recall what you need to do in order to actually finish it, but isn't it hellishly dangerous in certain parts??

It is. Depending your skills and the order you do it, you have a high chance to succeed. RNG can only affect you if you've been cursed by RNGod and RNGesus.