Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Cryoxadone + cryostylane beakers
Since cryotubes apply the chemicals in the beakers to the person inside the tube, after a little while, they get trapped in ice cubes (due to the cryostylane) that spawn outside the tube. It's a bit odd.

edit: And when you break out of the ice cube, you're technically also still in the cryotube, so you still get continuously healed until it ejects you.
i thought cryo tubes only needed cryoxadone to do things. they already chill the person
(09-17-2017, 01:30 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i thought cryo tubes only needed cryoxadone to do things. they already chill the person

Yeah. There are new beakers that are cryoxadone + cryostylane instead of just cryoxadone, though.
The beaker is also misspelled. I think it says cyrostylane.
cryostalyne putting you in an ice cube is probably one of the more broken features in the game
(09-19-2017, 06:02 AM)Taximin Wrote: cryostalyne putting you in an ice cube is probably one of the more broken features in the game

Honestly. That ice cube is one of the safest places on the whole station. It's immune to: Space, bombs of any size, heat, gunfire, about 20 brute damage, radstorms, and probably a dozen other things I'm not thinking of. Activated on the fly from a pill or bottle of modified Happy Elf.

And it'll activate cryoxadone right quick, making a mix of this just about the best healing drank in the game; better'n omnizine, both in healing ability and the fact you can just mix some up on-site without having to pester Botany. Mix in some Perf, and you might be able to save someone whose heart stopped!

I havent tried this because it's beyond nutzoid, but you could even use it to insta-pop people out of the cloner, heal them up, then fix their deformed wendigo-ness in Genetics. Maybe, every time I've tried to fix someone in there they've ended up as some kind of talking monkeyman, which while rules isn't exactly what I was going for.

It's also the key to my pretend robustness. So don't change it at all or I'll consider being almost unhappy.
Maybe give it the same treatment other chems get, minimum of five units for it to freeze someone into an ice cube, otherwise it just cools them.