Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
LLJK1 is still kinda poo
Yeah. Truth is I'm not a strong RP person, which doesn't mean I don't enjoy it but if there's only a few people it makes me uncomfortable because I feel like there's more pressure to carry it rather than just respond to other people better at it.

Like, if there were more PvE type stuff, and events, that would personally help me because I get to react to that instead of inventing up things up, but even then I think you'd need a decent sized population
(06-08-2017, 05:03 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Bob, I'm really trying to understand you but I'm sincerely having a hard time here. What are you asking?

Crew training? A backstory to the game?
If it's a backstory you're looking for, check this out: wiki.

Yeah, it's more sort of things sparking in the imagination, out for some who might find relation. (Ideas.) Not really asking anything in the particular post, but what you provided was pretty good.

"If you are reading this log, maybe you've started to doubt NanoTrasen. That's good. I urge you to look for the evidence that's out there. They deny, they cover up, they make people disappear but they can't keep it all covered up forever. Start thinking for yourself and using your brain, it's exactly what NanoTrasen doesn't want because then you'll see the cracks and flaws in their big scheme, and once enough people start to ask the hard questions they'll crack and crumble. They'll fall like they deserve to. And then none of us will have to instinctively fear people in grey carrying around large heavy objects again."

I feel like I am sort of doing what this "Ex-Captain" is telling the reader to do. (And do you think it would be okay if I tried altering some maybe spelling and punctuation errors in the thing?)

On second thought, I think as I recall I was reacting to,

(06-05-2017, 10:02 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: and unfortunately i don't think anything will ever change the roles of the heads of staff. captain and hop will always be nothing more than assistants with all access, hos will never be anything more than a sec officer but with access to a stockpile of guns, etc 

i don't think rp will just magically fix heads from having nothing to functionally set them apart from the rest of the crew beyond access and even then it's so easy to hack/break into places

Second line particularly. So I guess I was asking if mentioning such dynamics would make what he said not completely the case. (Yeah, I maybe should have mentioned that relation intention...) [Thanks.]
No prob, Bob.

So, on the RP server (currently LLJK1), the head roles should be regarded as having authority over their respective departments. 

Captain: All departments and heads.
(Everyone)

HoP: All civilian departments and personnel.
(Staff Assistants, Janitor, Chef, Barman, Botonists, Clowns, Chaplain)

HoS: All security roles and all security related matters.
(Sec Officers, Detective, Vice Officers)

RD: All research/science departments and roles.
(Scientists!)

CE: All engineering related departments and roles.
(Engineers, Mechanics, Quartermasters, Miners)

MD: All medical departments and roles.
(Medical Doctors, Roboticists, Geneticists, Pharmacists)

There's even a line in the RP server rules, which touches on this point:
From the Wiki Wrote:Chain-of-command and security are important. The head of your department is your boss and they can fire you, security officers can arrest you for stealing or breaking into places. The preference would be that unless they're doing something unreasonable, such as spacing you for writing on the walls, you shouldn't freak out over being punished for doing something that would, in reality, get you fired or arrested.
When you aren't a traitor, you should respect the chain of command, respect Security, and avoid vigilantism!

I get the feeling that Babayetu tends to do their own thing regardless of others' opinions. Power to them for it... I can be that way sometimes as well; although, I do my best to listen to what others are saying. I'm just a stubborn man. sop babys

What I'm driving at is that this game is really what you make of it. That's part of the beauty of it. If you want to go all out, hardcore RP, you can do that: it actually makes for some really fun times. If you want to be lax and non-rp oriented, you can hop on LLJK2 and have fun there (I still do a little RP on 2).

Just try not to be discouraged if things don't always go your way or if you die a horrible death along the way, which is usually the case.
I've done hardcore RP on LLJK2, both with random characters and Manne Love.

Frankly, it's hilarious every damned time.

As Manne I get the 'The fuck are you on, dude?' or 'Holy shit you're weird.' with a few people playing along. As a random dude I get everybody telling me that LLJK2 isn't an RP server, while I just sit there and ask them what LLJK2 is and why everyone on this station is insane.

If 1 was the server with the higher pop, I'd go there instead of 2. It's still goon-brand. Still whacky. Still silly. Just horribly inactive. It feels like joining one of those MMO 'private servers' with one or two people on it. Just incredibly awkward.
Woops wrong thread
(06-09-2017, 06:46 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: What I'm driving at is that this game is really what you make of it. That's part of the beauty of it. If you want to go all out, hardcore RP, you can do that: it actually makes for some really fun times. If you want to be lax and non-rp oriented, you can hop on LLJK2 and have fun there (I still do a little RP on 2).

So are you saying that the game itself is fine and dandy and fun all around, but maybe it's the other people aspect that can make it seem like poo? (And maybe we don't play nice?) And maybe there are some job titles in the game that might be naturally more inclined to interpersonal interactions then others?

And maybe. Maybe that's just how it is. And maybe babayetu is right[!] [I still think there is something else to be said, but I'll save it for later.]
How are we doing? We doing good? Should I continue?
[Maybe I shouldn't have asked. Maybe I should just say that I don't actually believe, "So are you saying that the game itself is fine and dandy and fun all around, but maybe it's the other people aspect that can make it seem like poo?"]
Typically, I don't check the forums on the weekends.

I do think that the game is inherently fine it's interactions with other players that make or break the game. I support this with years of playing and either laughing my butt off or having to do breathing exercises so I don't get angry depending on how the crew were that round.
We might be getting to a point where we bring the drama from playing the game onto the forums, and I'm not sure I want to be the one to do that.
You're back in mystery land, Bob.
Hi, that's called metagrudging and is explicitly against the rules. I might call you a doofus in game for constant confusing sentences though.
I played a couple rounds on LLJK#1 and it felt...really boring? Nobody does anything, half the station goes unstaffed, there's no AI unless a server newbie forgets to set it to "Unwanted" like everyone else, and a dead body can sit clearly visible in Medbay for twenty minutes without anyone noticing because there's no medical staff and no one gets hurt anyway.
(06-15-2017, 10:06 AM)Paineframe Wrote: I played a couple rounds on LLJK#1 and it felt...really boring? Nobody does anything, half the station goes unstaffed, there's no AI unless a server newbie forgets to set it to "Unwanted" like everyone else, and a dead body can sit clearly visible in Medbay for twenty minutes without anyone noticing because there's no medical staff and no one gets hurt anyway.

That happens some times, usually the antagonist is over planning a gimmick or they are dead
It's a lot better when it's not cripplingly lowpop.

It is unfortunately more cripplingly lowpop than not.

maybe i should do more events
I heard one player say they don't play on LLJK1 because it has motivations.