Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerdy games
A little while ago, I bought Spacebase DF-9 on Steam early access. It was on sale, and it looked like a Space Station Sim that could have been a SS13 and Dwarf Fortress crossover. Shortly after, they announced that it would be canceled. Pretty disappointed. It's an okay game as is, but it definitely doesn't feel complete, and those fucking asteroids wreck every station I make.

I don't think it was communicated well enough that the development might end if they didn't get enough early access money. I saw posts from quite a few people that said they were waiting for the actual release before buying it, which kind of makes it even more disappointing.
Wydamn Wrote:A little while ago, I bought Spacebase DF-9 on Steam early access. It was on sale, and it looked like a Space Station Sim that could have been a SS13 and Dwarf Fortress crossover. Shortly after, they announced that it would be canceled. Pretty disappointed. It's an okay game as is, but it definitely doesn't feel complete, and those fucking asteroids wreck every station I make.

I don't think it was communicated well enough that the development might end if they didn't get enough early access money. I saw posts from quite a few people that said they were waiting for the actual release before buying it, which kind of makes it even more disappointing.

it had all the signs of an awful game, I'm not too sad about it imho
DF-9 was interesting and I liked to play it but it was completely unfinished and screw them for just ditching it on us. Assholes.
Oh, DF9 was canceled? I was considering buying it, but at the state it was in I just didn't feel it was justified asking money for it.
When it was complete, sure, I'd buy it. But I'm no game tester.
I really hope this isn't where game development is heading. Make people buy enough prototypes for them to consider maybe possibly finishing one perhaps?
That just seems wrong.
Infini-questhttp://seconddimension.itch.io/infini-quest

Quotes from game

"You try to stroke a mighty king, You end up singing in harmony together to the delight of passer-bys"

"You show your torch to an Ancient Trap, This stimulates the learning Centres of your brain. You now know how to paint

You paint a picture for an Ancient thornbush and hurt yourself in the process. You died of your injurys but will always be rembered for your heroic death in the town of Wildbell"

Darkwood-This game is for early access on steams BUT it is already super fun to play in its current state with a creepy atmosphere and fun mechanics
Not sure if these are considered "Nerdy games" but I love the endless series. I feel Amplitude makes some VERY solid 4x games. There is A LOT of story and depth to the universe. Everything has a backstory of some sort. detailed events, A LOT of history. Really well written deep stuff.

Anyway, links (In-universe chronological order)

Dungeon of the Endless (It's not a 4x. It's a top down dungeon crawling sci-fi rouge-like with tower defense elements. Second game they started to make, prequel to the other 2 games)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249050/

Endless Legend (A Turn-Based 4x Sci-Fantasy that takes place on the same planet as DotE just a good few hundred years after it. 3rd Game made,)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289130/

Endless Space (A Turn-Based 4x Sci-Fi Space empire managemen game. It was the first game the company made. Still supported and really put them on the map. Pretty much take Civ: 5 and mash SIns of a Solar empire together and you have this)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/
Someone mentioned Factorio at the start of this post.. I looked at it, played the demo, bought it. And now it consumes my SS13 time.....

The person that recommended this game is EVIL. It takes everything I loved about minecraft industrial mods (Industrialcraft 2, build craft, red power/project red) and makes a game CENTERED around those concepts of building automated facilities. And I am completely absorbed by it...

Anyway... I am still learning the game. Here is my facility so far.

[Image: 8ydlVJN.jpg?1]
Factorio sucked away my life for about a month and then my girlfriend broke up with me and that broke the evil hold Factorio had on me.......All in all pretty alright game, 7/10.
Halo: Custom Edition was pretty damn fun. The community is pretty much dead, but last time I checked there was at least a couple hundred people on.

Also the Marathon series by Bungie is also a bunch of great games. All three of them are free now too.
ive been dabbling in dwarf fortress a little bit recently. i have no idea what i'm doing 99% of the time
I have a problem. I've been building bridges. Not even good ones, ones that break upon a car driving on it. Sometimes they break because want to see a car drive to his doom. Bridge Constructor is addicting. Send help
Jesus Christ. Rome: Total War has been taking so much of my gaming time lately. Ive already completed two long campaigns as the Juli and Brutii. S P Q R
If anyone cares Lambda Wars (a renamed update to an old alien swarm mod called Half life Wars) is out on steam, it's beta but it's free. It's an Half life RTS, basically.
Cookie Clicker

[Image: RYCyRb6.png]

Too many cookies
started a ranger in sword of the stars: the pit hello kitty island adventure

left it at the start of floor 11 after clearing the room

[Image: k7lIgW3.png]

if only i had already done 80 engineer runs and had recipes to use with all of these things oh sigh