Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a way to undo polymorph
Can we please have something done regarding this because people have figured out how powerful this is and regularly obliterate late night crews with it
(04-03-2017, 10:51 PM)poland spring Wrote: Can we please have something done regarding this because people have figured out how powerful this is and regularly obliterate late night crews with it

Late night crews are already highly susceptible to wizards just because of the lower station population.

I think the backfire option is probably the best way to resolve this issue.
(03-25-2017, 09:26 PM)APARTHEID Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 04:17 PM)sartorius Wrote: nurd
nord

Well they can already use Remove Curse sorta, so I don't see why they couldn't use Dispel Magic sorta.A Pope culture icon.

I mean aside from me not wanting them to, they sorta pass the DnerD test. Any return from the dead should probably be postmortem only. Maybe some obscure bullshit for funsies, but we don't want to make BP useless utility wise.

On late night wizards: If they're going full rampage, and they're not new or horrendously unlucky, then the station is boned. An assault wizard vs. 10 people spread throughout cog2 is like sticking a cat beside a water-filled casserole dish with 10 goldfish in it.
The problem with Animal Station 13 is that once the novelty wears off, it's boring as hell for the most part. 90% of the time, you end up as something with no hands or ear slots, so unless you were in the hallways, you're unable to leave the room you were in cause you have no ID, can't contact anyone to let you out, and don't even have hands to interact with anything that might be able to let you out, so all you can do is animal around for a few minutes and then suicide - and you can't even be revived. And that's if the wizard is playing nice and letting animals live - if the wizard just takes the opportunity to beat you to death while you're disoriented, there's very little you can do about it. Even being fireballed and beaten to death or cluwned gives you more options than 'the wizard was one step away from you once and now you're effectively out of the game with no way to get back in'. Can't be cloned, can't be borged, can't even be SR-revived unless I'm missing some esoteric method. It's even more powerful than pre-nerf shocking touch at the moment.

I don't like the backfire option either - it'll just make any decent wizard worth their salt go 'well I can polymorph them into something dangerous, better make 100% sure they don't seek revenge by fireballing them the second I polymorph them' or pack some other method of killing them post-polymorph. Basically, there's nothing proactive the crew can do about it while the onus is entirely on the wizard to slip up, which just adds to the common complaint of a wiz round being a single-player round against fairly helpless cannon fodder.
They sure can SR-revived, it's just that it requires them to actually be in their corpse rather than observing the wizard or whatever, as with human corpses. I'm not sure how anyone would know that aside from looking at the wiki or something. Which adds a new sort of anxiety for any SR reanimators over whether the dead person knows to Re-Enter their Corpse so they can be revived.
Dumb idea: make it one of those abilities that takes a few seconds to work and doesn't stun on it's own, meaning you need an external way to incapacitate your victim before turning them into a spacegull. If a polyporph wizard stuns you with magic missile you are still fucked, but now you can engage the wizard in melee without being instantly morphed(by the way: more people should use the tactic of splashing beakers full of acid on the wizard to destroy their hat and stop them from casting spells. Most wizards carry spare staffs, but usually aren't prepared to lose their hat).
(04-04-2017, 10:55 AM)Roomba Wrote: 90% of the time, you end up as something with no hands or ear slots, so unless you were in the hallways, you're unable to leave the room you were in cause you have no ID, can't contact anyone to let you out, and don't even have hands to interact with anything that might be able to let you out, so all you can do is animal around for a few minutes and then suicide - and you can't even be revived.

Why not just let animals pick up things with their mouths and/or fumble things around with their paws/talons?

Also, I'd support reverting to human form upon death.
(04-04-2017, 02:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Dumb idea: make it one of those abilities that takes a few seconds to work and doesn't stun on it's own, meaning you need an external way to incapacitate your victim before turning them into a spacegull. If a polyporph wizard stuns you with magic missile you are still fucked, but now you can engage the wizard in melee without being instantly morphed(by the way: more people should use the tactic of splashing beakers full of acid on the wizard to destroy their hat and stop them from casting spells. Most wizards carry spare staffs, but usually aren't prepared to lose their hat).

Polymorph can be cast without a staff. Which means it's entirely possible for a wizard to go stealth mode with medal rewards and pick people off before they realise he's there. Losing your headset means you can't even call for help before he beats you to death with a fire extinguisher.
Polymorph is pretty much Shocking Grasp pre-nerf huh?
(04-05-2017, 12:58 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Polymorph is pretty much Shocking Grasp pre-nerf huh?

Of course not because you're still "alive" and you can do, uh, stuff!

/s
Well, me and another polymorphed animal finished off a wizard the other day. He fled to somewhere that no human could get to in time, but we could get there by going under a table, and we managed to get him killed.
(04-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 02:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Dumb idea: make it one of those abilities that takes a few seconds to work and doesn't stun on it's own, meaning you need an external way to incapacitate your victim before turning them into a spacegull. If a polyporph wizard stuns you with magic missile you are still fucked, but now you can engage the wizard in melee without being instantly morphed(by the way: more people should use the tactic of splashing beakers full of acid on the wizard to destroy their hat and stop them from casting spells. Most wizards carry spare staffs, but usually aren't prepared to lose their hat).

Polymorph can be cast without a staff. Which means it's entirely possible for a wizard to go stealth mode with medal rewards and pick people off before they realise he's there. Losing your headset means you can't even call for help before he beats you to death with a fire extinguisher.

I had no idea that polymorph could be cast without a staff.

Jesus, that needs to be fixed asap.
(04-06-2017, 02:48 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Well, me and another polymorphed animal finished off a wizard the other day. He fled to somewhere that no human could get to in time, but we could get there by going under a table, and we managed to get him killed.

That's still a fuckup on the wizard's part, not sure why he didnt just MM you and beat you to death.
(04-06-2017, 06:21 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 02:48 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Well, me and another polymorphed animal finished off a wizard the other day. He fled to somewhere that no human could get to in time, but we could get there by going under a table, and we managed to get him killed.

That's still a fuckup on the wizard's part, not sure why he didnt just MM you and beat you to death.

Well, him accidentally setting himself on fire by fireballing at point blank range may not have helped him beat us up.
(04-06-2017, 06:21 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:

i think he died because i threw a insta crit loaf at him that stunned him and the wizard just kinda died faster because they were beating him
that is if im right about the round where it happened