Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a way to undo polymorph
Polymorph is a fun and entertaining spell, but I really think it needs to have at least some way to be undone. While there is a chance that you might get turned into something fun and useful there is a much higher chance that you will get turned into something useless and then die in a way that permanently removes you from the round. As I see it being polymorphed in its current state can be a worse fate than being cluwned - at least they have hope through cloning or borging.

What I think should be done is to make polymorphed crewmembers reviveable in the same way that a cluwne would be, e.g. "You cut into the Space Goose's head, and a human sized brain falls out. How the heck did that fit in there?!"

EDIT: Sundance posted a solution that got a good amount of support, here it is

Polymorph combined with fireball makes for flaming dead unrecoverable animals littering the station. I had a round of few days ago as a wiz and really did a number on a pretty populated server. Here's my opinion that could balance it out:

- buff animals health across the board. Its not fair to be spawned as a bird to be crushed by a door, as funny as that is. Like sure, get crushed by the door but maybe you shouldn't die from it?

- increase likelihood of spawning as something dangerous, like a spider. This would mean wiz has a chance of it backfiring on him if he's not careful.

- increase the cooldown. Not by much, but even now it recharges too quickly. 

- allow brains to be extracted from butchered critters. Literally knife em to get their pelt/etc but also will produce a usable brain.
Them containing brains sounds fair.

Also comical, which is important.

To me.
What if the chaplain could perform some sort of ritual involving holy water, candles, and a bible in order to remove the polymorph curse? Actually, why not also let them perform the same kind of ritual to remove the cluwning curse?
(03-09-2017, 05:09 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if the chaplain could perform some sort of ritual involving holy water, candles, and a bible in order to remove the polymorph curse? Actually, why not also let them perform the same kind of ritual to remove the cluwning curse?

Damn, one minute too late. Yeah the chaplain needs more use
(03-09-2017, 05:10 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 05:09 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if the chaplain could perform some sort of ritual involving holy water, candles, and a bible in order to remove the polymorph curse? Actually, why not also let them perform the same kind of ritual to remove the cluwning curse?

Then there's always the issue of if there is no chaplain. Maybe make the ritual easy for chaplains and harder for crew. Also polymorphing a critter should either polymorph it again or turn it human again.
(03-09-2017, 09:29 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 05:10 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 05:09 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if the chaplain could perform some sort of ritual involving holy water, candles, and a bible in order to remove the polymorph curse? Actually, why not also let them perform the same kind of ritual to remove the cluwning curse?

Then there's always the issue of if there is no chaplain. Maybe make the ritual easy for chaplains and harder for crew. Also polymorphing a critter should either polymorph it again or turn it human again.

I'm fine with it being a chaplain only thing. No chaplain, tough luck. It's not game breaking for you to be stuck as a dog or cluwne, so having a chaplain to fix you is just a bonus
I agree with Frank.
Whatever you do, don't make it a chore for the chaplain-there will be people that will always want this every time they're poly'd, and doing that will just make the chaplain stop wanting to be a chaplain because "CHAPLAIN UNCURSE ME"->(does it, gets short thanks at most) or (doesn't)->"SHIT CHAPLAIN JOB BAN"

Maybe something simple like candle book holy water in that order on someone. Or give him some incense to thwap people with and add that in there somewhere.
(03-10-2017, 12:09 AM)SageAcrin Wrote: Whatever you do, don't make it a chore for the chaplain-there will be people that will always want this every time they're poly'd, and doing that will just make the chaplain stop wanting to be a chaplain because "CHAPLAIN UNCURSE ME"->(does it, gets short thanks at most) or (doesn't)->"SHIT CHAPLAIN JOB BAN"

Maybe something simple like candle book holy water in that order on someone. Or give him some incense to thwap people with and add that in there somewhere.

Just give the chaplain spells like Wizards or Santa and have "Uncurse" be one
It'd be either a spell/prayer/ability or whacking them over the head with a bible like with cluwnes, if that were the case.

I'd rather polymorph not become something easy to fix. I think it's great fun to go flapping, cooing, gobbling, etc - around the station. Don't need to stinkin' chaplain 'curing' me with one thump on the head. Not to mention it'd make polymorph fairly pointless offensively.
why not make it like, a popup you have to accept/defaults to no? idk
there might be a way, but i can definitely imagine a chaplain going all Nofun on someone
Nah.

Does there really need to be a way to counteract everything? This will just lead to the Chaplain being the first one murdered and spaced in any polymorph wiz round.

That being said, I would be okay with critter crew being revived by strange reagent (maybe even the brain removal method suggested above... maaaybe).
Perhaps you would need to transfer the polymorph curse to someone else? Get sec to arrest the greyting SA and turn him into a rat or get a someone who wants to be polymorphed
Maybe you could stuff the critter into a borg or AI shell, within which it could pilot the robot.
there's gotta be some balance because right now this is way more powerful than cluwneing, so I say make there be a cure