Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a way to undo polymorph
I support the idea of it occasionally backfiring horribly. For extra Fun, consider rolling a completely random chance as to whether that makes the polymorphed character a traitor or not.
(03-21-2017, 10:26 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: For extra Fun, consider rolling a completely random chance as to whether that makes the polymorphed character a traitor or not.

Fuck no. Wizard rounds are already a clusterfuck (easily my least favourite round type), I don't need to be watching over my back for a possum coming at me with a knife.
Can they not already turn people into vamps, ect.? They aren't antagonists, but you still get the abilities I think.
(03-21-2017, 10:26 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: I support the idea of it occasionally backfiring horribly. For extra Fun, consider rolling a completely random chance as to whether that makes the polymorphed character a traitor or not.

As much as I like chaos, I think the polymorph spell is powerful enough as it is without including a chance for it to create additional antagonists.

If you really want to give the wizard a spell to make more antagonists, it should probably be some kind of lengthy ritual style spell, similar to the old corruption ritual.
Make it so it can turn people into ANY critter. Lower chances for more dangerous critters, making the Y-drone/Omega-drone the rarest. Polymorph the chaplain and the odds are more in favor of dangers.
Polymorph combined with fireball makes for flaming dead unrecoverable animals littering the station. I had a round of few days ago as a wiz and really did a number on a pretty populated server. Here's my opinion that could balance it out:

- buff animals health across the board. Its not fair to be spawned as a bird to be crushed by a door, as funny as that is. Like sure, get crushed by the door but maybe you shouldn't die from it?

- increase likelihood of spawning as something dangerous, like a spider. This would mean wiz has a chance of it backfiring on him if he's not careful.

- increase the cooldown. Not by much, but even now it recharges too quickly. 

- allow brains to be extracted from butchered critters. Literally knife em to get their pelt/etc but also will produce a usable brain.
(03-21-2017, 11:53 AM)Sundance Wrote: Polymorph combined with fireball makes for flaming dead unrecoverable animals littering the station. I had a round of few days ago as a wiz and really did a number on a pretty populated server. Here's my opinion that could balance it out:

- buff animals health across the board. Its not fair to be spawned as a bird to be crushed by a door, as funny as that is. Like sure, get crushed by the door but maybe you shouldn't die from it?

- increase likelihood of spawning as something dangerous, like a spider. This would mean wiz has a chance of it backfiring on him if he's not careful.

- allow brains to be extracted from butchered critters. Literally knife em to get their pelt/etc but also will produce a usable brain.

This seems like the overall best solution.
(03-21-2017, 11:53 AM)Sundance Wrote: Polymorph combined with fireball makes for flaming dead unrecoverable animals littering the station. I had a round of few days ago as a wiz and really did a number on a pretty populated server. Here's my opinion that could balance it out:

I third this
i number this
(03-21-2017, 01:42 PM)poland spring Wrote: i number this

+2

yee
ACCORDING TO D&D

Baleful Polymorph

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration permanent Pseudo science

Unless the chaplain has levels in cleric, we're not getting unpolymorphed.
I still think it should be the victim's choice if they are changed back into a human, as even the shitty animals can be fun to play depending on the person.

yes please to all of these
(03-21-2017, 04:17 PM)sartorius Wrote: ACCORDING TO D&D

Baleful Polymorph

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration permanent Pseudo science

Unless the chaplain has levels in cleric, we're not getting unpolymorphed.

The chaplain sort of lied about their levels in Cleric in order to get the job in the first place!