Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add Widescreen mode option to normal play.
(12-06-2016, 11:02 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 05:26 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 04:27 PM)Arborinus Wrote: All I ask for is if this is a toggle, then those with widescreen on should have larger eyeballs when they are gibbed/removed

(12-06-2016, 04:29 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: A sound compromise
clearly they should have rectangle eyeballs
(12-08-2016, 06:59 PM)somepotato Wrote: clearly they should have rectangle eyeballs

They sat too close to the TV
im here to bump this thread because my heart beats for games with widescreen support
(03-31-2017, 05:00 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: im here to bump this thread because my heart beats for games with widescreen support
Yeah I got a ultrawide screen monitor a while ago and SS13 looks kind of silly with such a massive text box.
(03-31-2017, 06:30 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:00 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: im here to bump this thread because my heart beats for games with widescreen support
Yeah I got a ultrawide screen monitor a while ago and SS13 looks like of silly with such a massive text box.
That text box is the heart and soul of this game.
after returning from the void of space and gradschool I just wanted to say that i really enjoyed being dead with widecsreen, i even killed myself a few times to see it. thats how much i enjoyed widescreen
bump

万歳!
I wonder what this game would be like without the text box.
(10-09-2017, 07:14 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I wonder what this game would be like without the text box.

charm -50
effectiveness -100
ss13 - 1
This is still a bad idea.
Widescreen is super neato and all, but I feel the only way to do this without making the game look weird is to increase the players sight range left and right, which doesn't make a lot of sense. It being the way it is as ghost is fine since ghosts can't affect the game, but this just seems like an awkward way to put in an otherwise good idea.

Shit I thought of AFTER I POST: Not to mention that if it's an option, it's either make everything look fat or give people who use the feature an advantage against those that don't. I'm against this.
As stated before at the start of the thread the advantages it gives players could be changed to the way things are currently just in widescreen. In fact the only thing holding this back from what I can remember is how chatting currently works. The UI, Chat, Tabs would all have to be rework for this to be a thing. That's a massive amount of work if you think about it and that's assuming they have a new design in mind for the rework.
yeahh after reviewing it, I don't think is this a great idea. Simply because your FoV would wider than taller, meaning you can view further east/west than you can north/south. That would be janky as fuck in terms of gameplay.
(10-10-2017, 03:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: yeahh after reviewing it, I don't think is this a great idea. Simply because your FoV would wider than taller, meaning you can view further east/west than you can north/south. That would be janky as fuck in terms of gameplay.

Works fine in all the other top down games that exist.
Making widescreen permanent would bring this to at least some modern standard, hell, maybe attract more players. But if you're all so touchy about this, at least make the AI widescreen as the last resort.