Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tasers are bad. Stun bullets too.
Clarks Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:If you have fun arresting people for vandalism or trespassing or whatever, go right the hell ahead.

The cops who go after vandals usually do it in a superserious way. It's the guys who strip you and give you 2:30 for stealing a jetpack.
It's pretty rare for some cop to use these arrest for interrogations that are fun for both him and the prisoner. Once -I was a traitor though- I pretended to be deaf after throwing flashbangs at flarearms and led him into an overly long but funny questioning written on paper.
Or to quickly round up a couple of people in the brig for a prison wrestling match, or anything that requires some imagination and er pee. Most rounds people are just dicking about anyway, anything thst spices up a round is welcome.

But most cops just give you 2:30 and leave.

If a sec officer is beating, stripping, and nearly permabrigging someone for stealing a jetpack, they honestly need to be jobbaned for a bit so that they can go read how to actually play sec. When i play security, and i see someone busting into EVA, ill usually just flash them, and then tell them to simply ask the AI or a Head to let them in. I wont even take their tools or cuff them.

On the subject of a security officer using lethal force on some asshole who just decided to randomly punch them, i would hope that the threat of being banned would stop an over zealous guard from going rogue cop and killing anyone that looks at him funny. Yet, i know these hopes are misplaced at times.
Weavel Wrote:"shitty sec might kill someone" is the same argument everyone has ever said about any lethal weapon on station ever

shitty people will be shit no matter what item is available, and they will more than likely be removed pretty quick!!
it's not like they can dispense those awful wooden police batons or TK serums, they still have to do their job properly as well

I'm not saying prevent them from doing it, I'm saying there should be a trade-off or consequences for playing like that. If you decide to chase and shoot the guy that broke into EVA and told you to fuck off, maybe you won't have enough ammo to deal with the two changelings afterwards.
Oh thats fair enough then.
DrivetimeMozol Wrote:I haven't seen the sec vending machines lately so I don't know exactly what's in them, but I think if sec is using revolvers there should be limited lethal ammo. Like 4 speed loaders per vending machine. I honestly wouldn't want each sec officer having enough ammo to kill >3 people. At least this way the shitty sec man that shoots the guy to death who just stapled him won't have as much ammo to take on a real threat.

Also I think that sec shouldn't use revolvers, just detective should. Maybe they could use a more modern looking p226 that holds 7-8 rounds (I don't know guns) that's also a bit weaker? Imo it fits with the job and their other gear better.

There's one revolver and two reloads of each type of ammo in there.
Cogwerks Wrote:There's one revolver and two reloads of each type of ammo in there.

Cool. That should work.
I guess some detective players are pretty upset that other people get to use the .38 now. Hrumph!
Cogwerks Wrote:I guess some detective players are pretty upset that other people get to use the .38 now. Hrumph!
give them a .44
Cogwerks Wrote:I guess some detective players are pretty upset that other people get to use the .38 now. Hrumph!
Damn right I am! The .38 is the detective's gun. Give sec something else if they want a gun.
I say give em a glock, gun of mall cops everywhere. Weaker than the revolver but with 10 rounds in it. Make it have to be cocked before you fire it so you can show off in the bar too.
DrivetimeMozol Wrote:I say give em a glock, gun of mall cops everywhere. Weaker than the revolver but with 10 rounds in it. Make it have to be cocked before you fire it so you can show off in the bar too.
I like this. Make them HAVE to always cock the gun before firing. That way there is a warning that shit is going down and just plain coolness factor.
KikiMofo Wrote:
DrivetimeMozol Wrote:I say give em a glock, gun of mall cops everywhere. Weaker than the revolver but with 10 rounds in it. Make it have to be cocked before you fire it so you can show off in the bar too.
I like this. Make them HAVE to always cock the gun before firing. That way there is a warning that shit is going down and just plain coolness factor.

and like any automatic handgun, it should have the potential to jam.
If you have to cock every time and the weapons has the potential to jam, what is even the point of using the gun? That said, the glock idea is good. How about we make the player cock the weapon right after every reload and include a burst setting with a 30% chance of jamming.
epicdwarf Wrote:If you have to cock every time and the weapons has the potential to jam, what is even the point of using the gun? That said, the glock idea is good. How about we make the player cock the weapon right after every reload and include a burst setting with a 30% chance of jamming.

I didn't mean cock it every time you fire a bullet obviously. You just have to chamber a bullet when you first pick it up and after you put a new magazine in. You know, like a glock.

I would agree with it having a chance of jamming too, maybe it has a 5% chance to jam and you have to use it in your hand to eject the round, losing a bullet. Cue cool shit like an officer pulling his handgun on a traitor, only for it to jam on the first round while the traitor closes in while he's fumbling with it.
Of course, the stereotypical idea that you ALWAYS have to cock a gun after reloading. They don't work like that. They have a slide lock that unlatches when you reload, automatically cocking the gun. That's why the slide stays back when you fire out a whole mag. What WOULD be cool is if the sprite changes to the slide being back when it's empty so that you know for sure if a gun is loaded or not. Then to load it you put a mag in and release the slide lock by clicking it, still giving that extra step to loading it.
Zadeon Wrote:Of course, the stereotypical idea that you ALWAYS have to cock a gun after reloading. They don't work like that. They have a slide lock that unlatches when you reload, automatically cocking the gun. That's why the slide stays back when you fire out a whole mag. What WOULD be cool is if the sprite changes to the slide being back when it's empty so that you know for sure if a gun is loaded or not. Then to load it you put a mag in and release the slide lock by clicking it, still giving that extra step to loading it.

Yea but when you insert a new magazine in certain glocks you do have to take some action to chamber a round in the gun. Either releasing the slide lock or pulling back the slide and releasing it. It doesn't just happen when you insert a magazine (unless you do it super hard, and usually people don't try to rely on that). Regardless I would just want it as a gameplay thing anyway.

And yea showing that the gun is empty would be good too.