Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tasers are bad. Stun bullets too.
We have a ton of bullet calibers; they implant, cause bleeding and random shaking, much better than the one-shot you're down of taser/stun (detective's) bullets.
When you're a traitor all it takes is a single taser shot, and you're stripped in seconds. Same for nuke agents, you are shooting bullets, they are shooting stuns.
Drugs and stimulants are helpful to get back quickly (try stunning some dude on krok), but doing the drug pit-stop every time you are going to be a criminal is kind of sad, unless you're wrestling or using the power gloves.

Stun bullets lack all the fun aspects of real bullets; they're mostly a way to quickly end a fight.
What if tasers were gone, and whatever stun guns security got didn't knock you down outright. The first shot could slow you down (so you'd be easier to hit again), with a chance of causing you to drop stuff in your hands. The second shot could then knock you down.
If you managed to avoid the second shot, you would still getting shakes for some time, which would make you less of an effective fighter. But you wouldn't be out in a single shot.

Stun batons are not as bad, since they are for close quarters. The detective's stun bullets are the absolute worst, their stun never ever ends. Crazy lethal-bullets detectives are much better than the ones who are not hard-boiled enough and switch to stuns.
strip out tasers altogether, give sec the .38 revolver and upgrade the detective to a .44. No stun rounds for any of them. Leave eguns the way they are, but make them and riot shotguns the only stun guns on the station. Leave batons alone.

Basically the fact that one hit from a ranged weapon that is extremely common is capable of ending a traitor round is dumb. If Sec wants someone alive they can baton them, and if that's too hard they can whine at the HoS for shotguns. It's not like stunning the traitor isn't lethal, there's just an extra step where after being stunned they are thrown into space or clubbed to death. One taser bolt is essentially fatal if anyone has reason to kill you.
Why don't tasers just come with one shot charges instead? Or they could be changed to act like real tasers, you get one shot then have to wind up the wires before shooting again.
An interesting thought. Hmm.
I'll mess around with some stuff later today when I get into town, might be worth doing a couple days with service revolvers or something to see how it goes. Protracted gun fights are definitely a lot more interesting than ZAP: YOU LOSE
Clarks Wrote:The first shot could slow you down (so you'd be easier to hit again), with a chance of causing you to drop stuff in your hands. The second shot could then knock you down.
If you managed to avoid the second shot, you would still getting shakes for some time, which would make you less of an effective fighter. But you wouldn't be out in a single shot.
Not sure about the rest but I really like this idea
I was gonna say "clarks!!!!!!" in rage at this idea but thinking about I think this is worth a shot

I kinda like the inverse effect it has too-- sec doesn't have to worry so much about their taser being turned against them. their armor would be useful!!
I'm a bit wary of so overtly encouraging guards to use lethal force after spending months softly prodding them towards being a bit more chill towards folks they capture, but ehhhhh

edit: an alternative would be to readjust how stun rounds work, make them have a chance of confusing movement or slowing movement instead of outright halting you.
Horrible alternative: all the guards get wrestling belts.
STOP RESISTING *slam* *chop*
Cogwerks Wrote:I'm a bit wary of so overtly encouraging guards to use lethal force after spending months softly prodding them towards being a bit more chill towards folks they capture, but ehhhhh

I'd like to see whether having bullets that hurt would restrain cops from going rambo on every traitor.

What I've noticed is that once a traitor is caught most of then they end up stripped of all their gear and, if they are not mob-killed, once their sentence is up they are out with nothing but their jumpsuit. Seldom there is some cool cop who doesn't seize traitor items, or that puts them in a place where the traitor can recover them once jail time is up.
Like Dauntasa said, being captured is often just as good as being murdered.

Plus a single bullet won't usually kill you, so you can scramble to get it taken out and get back in the game.
Clarks Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I'm a bit wary of so overtly encouraging guards to use lethal force after spending months softly prodding them towards being a bit more chill towards folks they capture, but ehhhhh

I'd like to see whether having bullets that hurt would restrain cops from going rambo on every traitor.

I'm pretty sure it'd just cause most petty arrests to include a gunshot in the back for running away.
Honestly, as much as I want to not like this idea, I can't help but feel it would be a change for the better. If nothing else, it would increase the usefulness of flashes and stun batons. What if, instead of stun rounds, we add in Rubber Bullets? Causes the person to scream, does a small amount of damage, and has a high chance of knocking the person down for a second? On it's own, won't stun someone, a lot easier for a traitor to get away from than a taser bolt, but would allow security the opportunity to move in and whack them with their baton.
So, basically like a beanbag round for the riot shotgun, only without the long stun time? I'd be down with that. Maybe add lethal rounds for the Sec revolvers in riot storage, so that they have the option to go lethal, but only under supervision.
I like this idea, tasers need a reworking, I've always hated the "stun you lose" style of gaming
.. But for the love of fart do not give sec more lethal choices as suggested. The crowd control and darts are a step in the right direction. If security want more lethal, they can order a laser crate and with the new qm system it's easy. Do not make it that sec have yet to rely on the hos for more stuff, and do not make it so that the detective/sec will now use lethal rounds on a person to incapacitate them, because they will
Everything else is fine.

irl, tasers cause people to spazz out, a proper tase will make their limbs flail about like a game of qwop. It doesn't really stun.. Even if you were severely tased and fell to the ground, you'd still be able to pull a gun on someone. IMO, it should work like so:
1st shot: slows you down as suggested. Distance is still calculated so if you are shot once pointblank, you should do a comical flip and not be grounded, but you're slowed to a walk.
2nd shot (and 3rd, 4th..etc): causes the target to twitch (dropping what they are holding) and trip (like if you have clown shoes). Any more shots causes the target to be a twitching, tripping mess, but note they are not stunned, whatsoever. It's up to the officer to move in and use a stun baton and arrest.
Yeah, sec needs more reasons to use flashes/stun batons. I think something like the above post would be best.
I don't know if I like this idea. I mean almost everytime I'm playing we never start with sec, it's usually only one person as detective. Throughout the round people might join on the station as sec but that takes maybe 20 minutes or so. We already have people not wanting to play as sec. Making the job even harder seem like killing the job even more.