Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I'm not sure how to really report this- terrible round.
You have to really, really thick glasses to see this thread as something other than a player complaint. If you feel something is wrong adminhelp it. He did and that just wasn't enough apparently.
this is a pretty good honeypot, all things considered
Ali0en Wrote:You have to really, really thick glasses to see this thread as something other than a player complaint. If you feel something is wrong adminhelp it. He did and that just wasn't enough apparently.
Isn't the point of a player complaint that you're complaining about, y'know, a specific player? With a specific name? If you're going to go out of your way to complain about a player and their gimmick, not naming them (specifically and intentionally, mind you) or giving any indication about their identity aside from a screenshot, their job, and a description of what they were doing that round seems counterproductive, don't you think?
While I disagree with the sentiment that SRQ had when he posted, an angry post that probably did more damage than good, I do need to say that the underlying question, "what if I think this is too far?" is an important one and should be considered.
We can't be heckling players over these types of queries and while I do feel as a whole the question has been answered, in the future it'd probably do us all good to be a little civil.
Again, player complaint threads are not allowed. The screenshot was enough to identify the person in question.

If you head to tgstation they have a place for that and it's horrible. It should stay out of here.
While I don't really mind that you've identified me since I don't think I was in the wrong here, I have to say if your intention was to keep everything anonymous you've done a really poor job.

If you ever make another thread where you're questioning the conduct of a player but also want to keep names private, you should probably at least state it as such in the OP. It would probably also help if you didn't post a screenshot picturing the name of the person in question!
Ali0en Wrote:You have to really, really thick glasses to see this thread as something other than a player complaint. If you feel something is wrong adminhelp it. He did and that just wasn't enough apparently.
I have to agree with Ali0en, it's clear as day that this started out as a player complaint. He even made it clear that he wanted to report this with the title.
Spy_Guy Wrote:This thread is going nowhere good at this point.

EDIT: There's still hope.
no hope
I am so confused as to how people continue to think this is a player complaint, despite me never naming the player involved or saying anything other than the gimmick and round were bad.
I ain't even gonna defend myself 'cause internet arguments are terrible, especially ones already founded around strawmanning. I do like those of you that were supportive, I like you guys.

Alls I wanted to do was have a discussion about whether this crossed any lines, and the apparent response was either "Nah" which is fine and cool, and "fuck you for asking", not so much.
Keep being cool nice people, those of you that are. I love you guys.
Wait a second, your name is in the picture?
I legit had no idea and I'm sorry.
Well the way you started off this thread with the title and the opening post came off as you just complaining. But regardless the traitor did nothing wrong so you got your answer.
SRQ Wrote:I am so confused as to how people continue to think this is a player complaint.

Quote: So, I'm not sure how to really report this

That's how. At least for me. In the future if you want to talk about code of conduct with what traitors can do please word your title better and cool off before posting.
I don't agree with the slavery BS and it can fuck right off, now close the thread for god's sake this is going to turn into a curbstomp fest or another one of those what's creepy what isn't threads aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh Argh!
SRQ Wrote:I'm only pointing at the terrible captain.

Would this not be complaining about this players actions
thehman03 Wrote:I don't agree with the slavery BS and it can fuck right off, now close the thread for god's sake this is going to turn into a curbstomp fest or another one of those what's creepy what isn't threads aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh Argh!

The stupid creepy rule has been abolished because it was ambiguous as fuck. The rules are simply anti bigotry and anti sexual content.
This thread would've probably served as a nice grounds to discuss something, i.e: slavery, that is borderline both those things.
But unfortunately it's become a shitfest of finger pointing
Lock this thread.
Sundance Wrote:Lock this thread.

No wait I have to get the last word in.