Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Hydroponics Suggestions
Rad, I was using the old botany trays. I'll update it as such

Here's a really obscure follow-on from the Crewcumber idea:

Lets say growing crewcumber is like growing a mob, but without any limbs, resembling a cucumber. The crewcumber would stare and do weird things but is otherwise harmless. Perhaps it would whisper in peoples ears "kill me" or something equally morbid.

But lets say you slap on synth limbs to it (oh shit using two things outta botany to make something better, revolutionary!) Crewcumbers would have lemming AI in which they would grab the nearest item and if the item has a unique suicidal property, it would do it. Dark humor.

But lets go even further. What if you injected someones blood into a synthbrain seed, and grew it? Then removed the crewcumbers brain, and shoved in the synth brain?
Then you have a plant-person. This is reminiscent of what /tg/ has, in that botany could possibly clone people, but looking at from this perspective:
A) It wouldn't really be cloning people at all. You'd be waiting an awfully long time (growing/mutating shit from cucumbers, synthmeat to produce desired effects)
B) It would be more like a different flavor of person.
What would be the pro's and cons of a plant person?
PRO'S: Regen. Your health regenerates slowly. You can be debrained and put into another plant body for instant revival.
CON'S: Vulnerable to fire and cold. Unable to clone by normal means, would require either borging, or put into another plant body.

Just some rambling thoughts.
Haine Wrote:There are already trees, actually. Check the seed vendors. They harvest into planks, which isn't quite what you wanted, but I can probably expand into that.
honestly a few simple things to start off with would just be wood planks making wooden girders for walls, table and rack parts, and wooden doors from the owlery. or is that already a thing?
Quote:<HeadSurgeon> weed people
TWO BONGS AT ONCE TWO BONGS AT ONCE Some horrible drug thing! Some horrible drug thing! Flashing Mushroom Flashing Mushroom stare with a bong stare with a bong
quiltyquilty Wrote:
Haine Wrote:There are already trees, actually. Check the seed vendors. They harvest into planks, which isn't quite what you wanted, but I can probably expand into that.
honestly a few simple things to start off with would just be wood planks making wooden girders for walls, table and rack parts, and wooden doors from the owlery. or is that already a thing?
Just gonna slid this under the door.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3640&hilit=wood+shop
cutting trees should produce logs, which you can then grow mushrooms on, or turn into planks.
Fix it so it's a lot harder to fuck up and spill all your stuff onto one of those goddamn light tubes. Argh!
Please add some sort of confirmation to tray dumping because I have dumped trays on accident many times.
DyssalC Wrote:Please add some sort of confirmation to tray dumping because I have dumped trays on accident many times.
I think all cases where you could dump trays now confirm it first, I think I did that a while ago. Or are there still ways to do that where it doesn't ask first?
A quick suggestion: add an option/machine that allows you to spread grass seeds over a wide area, because planting it one tile at a time is a pretty time-consuming process, while a scientist needs about a minute to blanket the station in a carpet of piss, blood and vomit.

Also, more stuff that acts like grass would be nice. Maybe colorful flowers to brighten up those stodgy gray floors, or (purely cosmetic) vines that creep along the walls.
Roomba Wrote:A quick suggestion: add an option/machine that allows you to spread grass seeds over a wide area, because planting it one tile at a time is a pretty time-consuming process, while a scientist needs about a minute to blanket the station in a carpet of piss, blood and vomit.

Also, more stuff that acts like grass would be nice. Maybe colorful flowers to brighten up those stodgy gray floors, or (purely cosmetic) vines that creep along the walls.

maybe a grass reagent that can be smoked or foamed instead of just using the seeds. plus grass harvested can be used to feed space cows/pigs for delicious meats
Roomba Wrote:A quick suggestion: add an option/machine that allows you to spread grass seeds over a wide area, because planting it one tile at a time is a pretty time-consuming process, while a scientist needs about a minute to blanket the station in a carpet of piss, blood and vomit.

Combine that with soil you can lay on the ground and till to grow other crops on. Let's get all community garden up here
Haine Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:Please add some sort of confirmation to tray dumping because I have dumped trays on accident many times.
I think all cases where you could dump trays now confirm it first, I think I did that a while ago. Or are there still ways to do that where it doesn't ask first?
I've recently clicked trays with empty bottle and it has dumped the tray. I was spam clicking to fill them faster.
DyssalC Wrote:
Haine Wrote:
I've recently clicked trays with empty bottle and it has dumped the tray. I was spam clicking to fill them faster.
gosh darnit :I

Also I have been thinking of decorative flowers, I like the idea. Might see what I can do when I get home.

Oh shit we need to give Botany one of these right now

[Image: GXQ5VVv]

Click on it with a produce bag, and you empty the contents inside it. Then you can drag it around, and every time you click it the spreader randomly picks 9 items from it's contents, and applies them to the tiles around and under it. So if you fill it with grass sides, you can just pull it three tiles, click, and repeat to fill an entire hallway with grass.

Then make it so you can also fill it with tiny or small items by holding them and clicking the spreader. Smash up a billion crystal glass sheets, fill your spreader with the shards, and make every hallway a hellish deathtrap. unsmigghh
Goddammit, Imgur.

[Image: GXQ5VVv.jpg]