Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood System Feedback
just put like one suture kit in medbay and throw bandages and shit into generic medkits
braining yourself with a russian revolver empties your body of your blood

all of it
babayetu83 Wrote:braining yourself with a russian revolver empties your body of your blood

all of it
Oh fuck yes.
Since blood can be so fatal, bandages should probably pop up in a few more places other than medbay.

Crew quarters and emergency storage would be good places, near the medkits.
Conor12 Wrote:Since blood can be so fatal, bandages should probably pop up in a few more places other than medbay.

Crew quarters and emergency storage would be good places, near the medkits.
Brute kits contain bandages, but as far as I know the storage area next to the bar is the only places besides medbay with those.

Maybe toss a few more brute kits around the station?
Not sure if this goes here, but it's blood-related, so it probably goes here.

Slipping on blood has been reintroduced, and I am VERY iffy on whether or not it's a good thing. On the one hand, it encourages the Janitor to do their damn jobs instead of driving around on the floor buffer, but on the other hand, this makes the station borderline impassable if no resources to get rid of the stuff are readily available. But the main problem I have with blood on the ground is that it does not go away unless cleaned up. Wet floors eventually dry out, but blood seems to magically remain slip-slidey wet regardless of whether or not it was spilled just a few seconds ago or an hour ago, and not only does that make absolutely no goddamn sense, but it makes dealing with it a pain in the ass. Furthermore, this makes any idiot who knows how to make a foam the most dangerous threat to the ability to get around the station, because due to the wonder of blood foam, it is very possible to cover literally the entire goddamn station in slippery-as-hell blood in the span of maybe about ten minutes of uninterrupted work. Of course, this isn't an ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE thing to deal with, but as has been shown round and round again, not many people give a damn about the cleanliness of their workspace, and fewer people give a damn about the Janitor's efforts to clean their workspace.

In short: I may end up being contradicted in the future, but I have a bad feeling that this slippery blood business will only lead to bad and frustrating things with little positive impact in proportion.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:In short: I may end up being contradicted in the future, but I have a bad feeling that this slippery blood business will only lead to bad and frustrating things with little positive impact in proportion.
Start bleeding out, hit crit, movement confusion, slip on own blood.
I really don't like slipping on blood but..
Straight from the horses mouth; Slipping on blood is WIP and eventually it work in such a way that blood will dry and you will no longer be slipping literally every second to medbay because one person got badly cut.

This leads to a question of implementation, and thus, a suggestion:
When a pool of blood drys, does the sprite remain or will it be gone similar to how water goes?

My suggestion would be somewhere in-between. When blood drys, it should reduce (as in, a large pool of blood will become a medium one, medium to small and small to nothing), and become a darker shade of red. If not both, then implement the latter. It will gain a new description "this blood has been here for some time" or something similar.

Why? This would actually be brilliant for detective work. Fresh blood stains would mean a confrontation happened quite recently and would allow any security personnel to know if shit is going down and to be on their guard. Old blood stains and moldy corpses and cockroaches all over adds to a sinister ambiance.
Sundance Wrote:Slipping on blood is WIP and eventually it work in such a way that blood will dry and you will no longer be slipping literally every second to medbay because one person got badly cut.
Okay, thank christ.

It's just that there's another substance of days past that was notorious for being slippery, terrible, and driven into the ground so hard that it became one with the core of the goddamn earth: Poo. And, although I wasn't around during the poo age, I really don't think any of us here want a repeat of that.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Slipping on blood is WIP and eventually it work in such a way that blood will dry and you will no longer be slipping literally every second to medbay because one person got badly cut.
Okay, thank christ.

It's just that there's another substance of days past that was notorious for being slippery, terrible, and driven into the ground so hard that it became one with the core of the goddamn earth: Poo. And, although I wasn't around during the poo age, I really don't think any of us here want a repeat of that.

Walking is the bane of all space dwellers.
blood should dry properly now and tiny drops of blood shouldn't slip you now at all
please let me know if it's being dumb
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Okay, thank christ.

Speak for yourself ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
no
So, okay, the foreign object detector is really cool, because quite frequently I'll forget I got shot and wander around with a bullet in my gut for a while.
However, it seems to be detecting implants. This is bad because I have debombed like five traitors, ruined two mindslaves, and made a roboticist unable to speak to robots.
Is there a way to change this?

Also, the max bleed is set to 10u per tick, right? Maybe there could be things that modify that, maybe like a mutation or something, like hemophilia, though that's a bit more of a blood clotting deal, but still.
It'd be neat if there were things to make people start bleeding like crazy, maybe a special traitor weapon or some deal that has the ability to go above max bleeding to 20u per tick.

Also, bleeding implies an open wound, have you considered the idea of infections? Amputations? Intravenous antibiotics? Might be a neat thing for the future, a glorious future of more advanced and involved medical care with internal organs and anesthetic that actually does something useful to surgery patients during surgery.

Also, as a sort of bootleg way of fixing bleeding it would be neat if you could apply an on welder to yourself with help intent, suffering 10-15 burn damage in the process, but stopping 2u-4u of bleeding.
DyssalC Wrote:So, okay, the foreign object detector is really cool, because quite frequently I'll forget I got shot and wander around with a bullet in my gut for a while.
However, it seems to be detecting implants. This is bad because I have debombed like five traitors, ruined two mindslaves, and made a roboticist unable to speak to robots.
Is there a way to change this?
Oop forgot to include a check to not report implants. I'll fix that.

DyssalC Wrote:Also, the max bleed is set to 10u per tick, right? Maybe there could be things that modify that, maybe like a mutation or something, like hemophilia, though that's a bit more of a blood clotting deal, but still.
It'd be neat if there were things to make people start bleeding like crazy, maybe a special traitor weapon or some deal that has the ability to go above max bleeding to 20u per tick.
Eventually, yeah, I would like stuff like that. Bioeffects related to bleeding are after other stuff like vampires though, unless I suddenly feel like fussing with them before then.

DyssalC Wrote:Also, bleeding implies an open wound, have you considered the idea of infections? Amputations? Intravenous antibiotics? Might be a neat thing for the future, a glorious future of more advanced and involved medical care with internal organs and anesthetic that actually does something useful to surgery patients during surgery.
Heh, yeah, would be neat, but that's a ways off. I'd like more complexity in the med system in general, but I don't wanna push things so far that it becomes just straight-up annoying or off-putting to the majority of players.

DyssalC Wrote:Also, as a sort of bootleg way of fixing bleeding it would be neat if you could apply an on welder to yourself with help intent, suffering 10-15 burn damage in the process, but stopping 2u-4u of bleeding.
You can actually cauterize wounds already, but I missed welders accidentally. I know zippos, lit cigs and igniters should work already.
e: Oop no actually I didn't, welders already work like that. I dunno how I forgot since I spent so much time flailing around their dumb limb cauterizing code that they don't actually use because I don't think limbs bleed at all.