Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Geminorum? There seems to be a lot of new stuff.
Meanwhile at Solarium

[Image: 2010-05-05-a_degenerate_prepares_for_hell.jpg]
shadowdimentio Wrote:Meanwhile at Solarium

8<

Holy shit, the dude that made this comic is pure awesome. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out!
(Dresdencodak.com)
Has a dead end been reached, or are people just stuck as to what to do?
salix_catus Wrote:Has a dead end been reached, or are people just stuck as to what to do?
We've hit a dry spell. There haven't been any new things given to us by the admins due to a shift in focus and Wire (the main force behind the goonhub terminal) has been insanely busy. It's mainly just a matter of admins deciding that there are other things to work on and that those things should probably be worked on. I've done some poking around, and it doesn't seem like there's anything new to be found.

There is stuff on the way, though. It's just a matter of waiting it out.
Speaking of which, your Compendium needs to be updated. I checked and some things that were added are left out (Like the you-know-whats)
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:Speaking of which, your Compendium needs to be updated. I checked and some things that were added are left out (Like the you-know-whats)

It was my understanding that some critters were intentionally left out. However I could be wrong.
In my opinion the compendium should be as complete and accurate as possible. But if it was I guess adminbus would come crash the party for SECRETS!!1!
shadowdimentio Wrote:In my opinion the compendium should be as complete and accurate as possible. But if it was I guess adminbus would come crash the party for SECRETS!!1!
The google docs-hosted version of the Compendium (which Marcus seems to have gotten into? I dunno how that even happened) is as complete as is possible, but I was specifically requested to keep the in-game person free of most secrets. Furthermore, the online version is typically only shared with people who are very familiar with the various types of critter anyways, so the actual number of secrets being spoiled is rather minimal. Really, most of the stuff people might not know is the admin critters. v

I can and will pull the document from public access altogether and zap it to strictly private access if at any point desired, though.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
shadowdimentio Wrote:In my opinion the compendium should be as complete and accurate as possible. But if it was I guess adminbus would come crash the party for SECRETS!!1!
The google docs-hosted version of the Compendium (which Marcus seems to have gotten into? I dunno how that even happened) is as complete as is possible, but I was specifically requested to keep the in-game person free of most secrets. Furthermore, the online version is typically only shared with people who are very familiar with the various types of critter anyways, so the actual number of secrets being spoiled is rather minimal. Really, most of the stuff people might not know is the admin critters. v

I can and will pull the document from public access altogether and zap it to strictly private access if at any point desired, though.

Maybe there should be a deluxe version in the crew quarters of Hemera? Shows basically all the debris field critters, as well as some other funny ones.
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:

Maybe there should be a deluxe version in the crew quarters of Hemera? Shows basically all the debris field critters, as well as some other funny ones.
There really doesn't need to be any more creature compendiums. more in game lore books to find would be fun though. hermera would likely have a book on the void or teleports or something.
In my opinion, big premade, accurate, and extensive creature compendiums go against the entire setup. If you want a compendium, go out and get yourself chased and/or murdered by baddies to write down what you can discern about them. I feel the only reason you've got a compendium in telescience in the first place is to encourage you to go explore and see how much of it is right, how much it's missing, etc etc.
H'ok mates, I think I found something. At the back of the graveyard at Centcomm is a Heavily Locked Door that says on examine that it is indestructible and has 15 key holes to fill.

After testing a round where I gave a key to the cyborg, and a key to the door, I figured out the door only reacts to keys given to the door. And more testing revealed it only reacts to SOLARIUM keys.

Problem is that adding 15 keys to a door in the time it takes the server to restart over round end is... Short. The struggle continues. Also, we have no clue what lies beyond the door. If anything at all.
I'd like to add something: we may or may not be short a few Solarium keys that we need for the Heavily Locked Door. Thanks to the meddling of Clandestine Positronics (or whatever that organization is in the goonhub terminal logs), at least two keys (hot iron, silver) are missing, possibly four keys (cold steel, onyx) if two of them haven't been returned as suspected. The collar key (not counted as missing) was also removed from the game due to the douchebaggery it incited in people trying to get it. We also didn't get the chance to test The King and Yellow (yes I'm counting it as a key) on the door.

So, a small to-do list for people who want to help:

[*]Investigate to see if the hot iron, silver, cold steel and onyx keys have been returned to their proper spawn points (Io Moon, Lower Biodome, and Theta Outpost respectively)
[*]Check if the collar key was reimplemented under the same method, or a different method (I've heard rumours that George the dog has something to do with it, but don't quote me on that)
[*]Test The King in Yellow on the Heavily Locked Door (you receive a message for items that work on the door, and no message for the ones that don't)

At best, we have 16 keys. At worst, we have only 12.

My own personal theory is that the collar key is gone for good, The King in Yellow works, and that we're going to have to pay a visit to the Clandestine Positronics jerks who are stealing keys from under our noses (totalling 15).
I recall while bumming around in a normal round once a normal dude managed to teleport to centcomm using some teleporter shenanigans and build a 2-way system back and forth. Dunno if it was fixed but I'm sure there's some form of trickery, be it that or otherwise, that can get you to centcomm so you don't have to coordinate it in the 60 seconds if round end, assuming minimal lag.