Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking into Wizard Shuttle
Dauntasa Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:Every post in this thread points to relocating the wizard's shuttle to Centcom's z-level.

Just get rid of the temptation already.
alternatively instead of doing this stop being a bunch of dorks and ban people who break into the wizard shuttle and to kill him or immediately announce his presence to the whole station and do not ban people who break in to steal funny hats

This is the preferable choice, but if hacking it onto the wizard's shuttle is enough to send folks to VR PRISON HELL, why not add wizard robes and hats to abandoned crates or elsewhere? As a grey-clad schmuck, I'd love to kick it (be kicked to death) in my floppy hat and flowing robes.
Dauntasa Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:Every post in this thread points to relocating the wizard's shuttle to Centcom's z-level.

Just get rid of the temptation already.
alternatively instead of doing this stop being a bunch of dorks and ban people who break into the wizard shuttle and to kill him or immediately announce his presence to the whole station and do not ban people who break in to steal funny hats
The whole point is you are not suppose to be ANYWHERE near the wizard shuttle. It doesn't matter if you are going to get hats or to see if there is a wizard. That shuttle is NOT FOR THE CREW.

Cogs was going to try relocating it to the restricted level but it turns out that might be more difficult than he thought.
Any non wizard who finds their way onto the wizard shuttle should be autocluwned.
I think a crate of dusty wizard garb somewhere on station might be fun, maybe give it to the Clown trader in maint or something or just leave it lying around
KikiMofo Wrote:The whole point is you are not suppose to be ANYWHERE near the wizard shuttle. It doesn't matter if you are going to get hats or to see if there is a wizard. That shuttle is NOT FOR THE CREW.

Cogs was going to try relocating it to the restricted level but it turns out that might be more difficult than he thought.

this is a dumb and bad attitude, i have no idea why people consider people flying to the wizard shuttle to immediately check for wizards a problem because i have literally never seen it happen but if it is a thing that actually happens all the time then you could ban the people who do it.
Who the fuck is gonna spend the first 5 minutes of the round breaking into the wiz shuttle to find a wizard who either does not exist or has already teleported away to fuck things up? Especially considering that even if they do find them they'll probably end up getting magiced to death.

things i have seen people do to the wizard shuttle: steal funny hats, set up a furniture store, offer to be the wizard's apprentice

things I have seen people do to the wizard shuttle that could have even the tiniest detrimental effect on the wizard's health or round enjoyment: one time I grew a maneating plant in it, but the wizard killed it and also me

this whole: "Yeah but you aren't SUPPOSED to do that" attitude is extremely bad for a number of reasons, most obvious of which is that the reason people like this game is because of the number of crazy and unexpected things that can happen in it. Cutting some of those off for reasons like "well someone was a dickhead with it" is bad and makes the game worse.
Dauntasa Wrote:this whole: "Yeah but you do not do that" attitude is extremely bad for a number of reasons, most obvious of which is that the reason people like this game is because of the number of crazy and unexpected things that can happen in it. Cutting some of those off for reasons like "well someone was a dickhead with it" is bad and makes the game worse.

Your wording was wrong. I fixed it for you.
There's no real reason to enter the wizard shuttle, the whole integral part of the wizard is that he stands out with his big ass robe and white beard, there is no escape/buffer zone for the wizard short of phasing into a window, so there shouldn't be anybody there bar the wizard full stop.
Some nerd on a double wizard round a while back used one of the teleport scrolls to teleport to the wiz's shuttle. When I came back to recuperate my lost shit and was in orange health, I was lazered. I managed to kill him, but I succumbed to my injuries. Shit was hella lame.
At least syndicates can change disguise, escape to space, etc. Wizard does not have that luxury. Sure there is one viable reason to enter the syndicate shuttle, and that is if the syndicate have the disk and you are chasing them, but what does the wizard have on his? Some clothes. Some mugwort tea.
If you want that stuff so badly, then put a broken magic vending machine in space that requires some fixing, so that when you want to be a wiz-dork, you can.
Just because it wasn't really said in the past, doesn't make it any less wrong.
Dauntasa is right on this one. Shuttle break-ins were never a problem, if someone breaks into the shuttle to be a supercop, admins can deal with them.

On the other hand, if someone gets a wizard's robe and scroll - it might not be the coolest thing to do - but they earned it to teleport on the shuttle and dish some toolbox on the wizard. That's what happens when you don't play as a team, I guess.
as far as i remember the teleport scroll doesn't even work for non-wizards anymore
Don't go to the wizard shuttle ever you dumb nerd why would you want to dress up like a wizard anyway, just to be murdered?
Wonkmin Wrote:Please don't enter the wizard shuttle. Thanks.

bubs Wrote:if i catch you doing this i will ruin you

Is this still being argued?
Can we stop writing essays on why everyone is wrong and how wrong they are

There are like four admin opinions on why this is bad

Why is this thread not locked actually
Weavel Wrote:Can we stop writing essays on why everyone is wrong and how wrong they are

There are like four admin opinions on why this is bad

Why is this thread not locked actually

Wait one second mister.
I think we were discussing why people go on the wiz shuttle, less about the wrongs or rights of it. Even then I understand Dauntasas point of view, the ambiguity of right and wrong is the whole reason this game is fun and was the reason I made the other thread too. Sweet baby jesus, I thought the whole reason of a discussion forum was to discuss and resolve. Locking this thread, great job you clarified the position of the admins and all that, but it still won't stop people who haven't read this thread from going on the shuttle.

Like I said, one of the main reasons people go is to get wiz merch. Set up a wizard trader that sells wizard clothing/artifacts/general doodahs, and that would be a neat alternative. Because IF that is there, then you can't use the wizard stuff as an excuse to go on the shuttle anymore, as it is available outside the shuttle.

Off topic, but can anyone tell me what actually mugwort tea does?
If the shuttle can't be moved off the level, put a force field around the shuttle that only a wizard can walk and see through.
Sundance Wrote:Off topic, but can anyone tell me what actually mugwort tea does?

I believe it actually reduces cool down on your spells for a little while. I can't back that up but I think it just might. I don't get wizard enough to test this.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Off topic, but can anyone tell me what actually mugwort tea does?

I believe it actually reduces cool down on your spells for a little while. I can't back that up but I think it just might. I don't get wizard enough to test this.

It heals wizards.