Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
Modifying magboots
I'm against this simply because magboots are the only non-slip shoes that can be acquired on the station without having to go through an access-restricted locker. Remove the space effect or the pulling portion, but not the anti-slip.
How about if we simply made the no-pull thing not apply if you're laying down?
(10-31-2017, 12:17 PM)Mordent Wrote: How about if we simply made the no-pull thing not apply if you're laying down?

I REALLY like this suggestion.
(10-31-2017, 12:22 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:17 PM)Mordent Wrote: How about if we simply made the no-pull thing not apply if you're laying down?

What if dragging someone who's prone with magboots just pulls them out of the boots all slapstick like.
(10-31-2017, 12:53 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:22 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

What if dragging someone who's prone with magboots just pulls them out of the boots all slapstick like.

I think I like this idea even more, to be honest. It removes the arbitrary benefit if you're a tater/paranoid but also means you aren't dying randomly in a hallway cuz nobody pulled your boots off.
Aren't there only like two pairs of magboots readily available on station anyway? One of them is safely tucked away in the CE's office and the other in mining/QM bay.

If you really have to nerf it, just remove the no slip thing (remove the random space slipping if you do this). Not being able to be moved by others is more often your own funeral than a big advantage of some sort. Making it battery powered is also going to be an added nuisance for miners, considering they already have to charge their mining tools and cargo transporters. Removing the effect it has on space tiles also completely nullifies the reason it exist, which is to make space repairs/construction easier without you being blown left and right by spacewind.

Still a big no in regards to nerfing it at all. It's not like the magboots are often worn in a way that makes someone totally overpowered. Why suddenly the need to nerf it, if it isn't being abused? Being an unmoveable brick wall doesn't make you particularly robust in a fight either - it just means it's easier for people to get a hit on you since they can effectively run at you without passing through.

(hundred and one edits because of ipad)
You shouldn't be affected by random space slipping when wearing magboots in the first place, if the wiki is any indication. I made a bug report for it a while ago.
Ya know, the didn't used to provide slip protection did they? Maybe take that back out
Hubbub regardless, I'd still like a toggle with any nerf. They were originally for sing-pull right? Now their 'official' purpose is for fighting gas currents and space wind, and boy do they suck in space.

No billy, I don't care about your jetpack; I have boots that stick to space.
The mechanized boots are kinda similar to magboots that go fast
(10-31-2017, 11:38 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: The mechanized boots are kinda similar to magboots that go fast

yes but since mining changes they are almost impossible to make just like most other stuff now. can still get in crates though
Replace the no push/pull mechanic with slow pulling and obesity's push fail chance.
Magboots already have a slight slowdown, if I remember correctly.

Also, I'd rather they just nullify space wind and do absolutely nothing else.
Give the magboots the tractor beam effect, only on yourself and you get pulled toward a point you click on
If you're going to nerf the anti-slip on magboots, can we at least place the galoshes/magic sandals somewhere in their respective rooms, rather than inside access-restricted lockers. It'd be nice to at least have a chance of obtaining a no slip item on the station, without having to play as janitor, chaplain, or modify ID access.