Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body armor.
Val Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:But then the captain would be superfat.

I love makeshift items. Please add this to a few items.

I once had an idea that would allow you to fabricate crude metal armor from metal sheets that would offer some minimal protection and slowed you the hell down. Then I realized it was a stupid idea and never brought it up, ever.

I dunno, I think that's actually pretty funny.

On the topic of makeshift items, I've got a planned zip gun and coilgun that I'll get back to at some point, maybe.
Cogwerks Wrote:
Val Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:But then the captain would be superfat.

I love makeshift items. Please add this to a few items.

I once had an idea that would allow you to fabricate crude metal armor from metal sheets that would offer some minimal protection and slowed you the hell down. Then I realized it was a stupid idea and never brought it up, ever.

I dunno, I think that's actually pretty funny.

On the topic of makeshift items, I've got a planned zip gun and coilgun that I'll get back to at some point, maybe.
We need

1. Potato Launcher (Give botany a reason to grow potatoes, make the gun creatable maybe?)
2. Shrapnel Shooter (shoots anything you put in it, can only put weak/small things in it so low damage, but may be able to cause blood if someone puts a knife or something in it)
enforcer9 Wrote:We need

1. Potato Launcher (Give botany a reason to grow potatoes, make the gun creatable maybe?)
2. Shrapnel Shooter (shoots anything you put in it, can only put weak/small things in it so low damage, but may be able to cause blood if someone puts a knife or something in it)

The rock-it-launcher is a thing
Thoughts on a zip gun.

Make it so that it works sort of simular to the regular pipebomb, can do enough damage to stun and injure a nonarmored person, but not particulerly valuable as a traitor weapon unless you really have ran out of guns.

Ammunition would be another problem, unless it fires regular ammo with the caveat that it could explode in your hands if overused, and requires hand loading (e.g click ammo on gun, one bullet goes in and then it can be fired once, reload from the ammo chamber for another shot, or use five/six zip guns with the ammo loaded, steal detectives ammo or print some from the general manufacturer.

I really like the idea of forcing a traitor/ dangerous crew member to either make multiple zip guns ahead of time, or reload a lot.

Also, the ability to make crappy standard pipebombs that explode remotely or with proximity for that booby trap feel.
One question Cogs how are we going to implement a proper coil gun without it being op?
Make it dangerous to use obviously, like a redneck making his own fireworks with no prior experience.

I kind of want to see station booby traps, perhaps allow people to rig up proximity weilders that light off, heating whatever they are on top of.
atomic1fire Wrote:Make it dangerous to use obviously, like a redneck making his own fireworks with no prior experience.

I kind of want to see station booby traps, perhaps allow people to rig up proximity weilders that light off, heating whatever they are on top of.
Traps aren't hard to make if you're creative (or have ever played dwarf fortress) 8-)
Here's some thoughts on how you could pull off a coilgun,

Require the person building it needs stun gloves, as an assistant or anyone else would shock themselves.

Perhaps put the coils for the coilgun on another zlevel, or in some other device the crewmember has to take apart.

at least make it a project where it takes you 30 minutes to acquire and assemble all the parts without help.
He is an idea. We add a gunsmith to the game. His job would be to make guns/upgrades to guns for the heads/sec. How ever making guns take a long time. The better the gun the longer it would take for him/her to build.
epicdwarf Wrote:He is an idea. We add a gunsmith to the game. His job would be to make guns/upgrades to guns for the heads/sec. How ever making guns take a long time. The better the gun the longer it would take for him/her to build.
I feel like someone's mentioned this idea before, and it got brutally murderized.
It just hit me we could just make the coil gun a traitor item that you have to construct. Once you buy it it would just give you a few part and some directions on how to make it.
Why did this escalate into guns and new jobs?

I liked the idea of us running around in suits with massive reinforced plates attached.
I also think body armor is a good idea, there needs to be more things engineers can waste their time on when sing is already setup.
I already have design ideas sketched out for the zipgun and coilgun, they're a personal backburner project. I don't feel like giving details and I'm not really interested in discussion on it, so if I ever get around to it they'll just show up sometime. Didn't really mean to start a debate on it, let's get back to armor.

epicdwarf Wrote:He is an idea. We add a gunsmith to the game. His job would be to make guns/upgrades to guns for the heads/sec. How ever making guns take a long time. The better the gun the longer it would take for him/her to build.

haha what the hell, no

On other stations, they call him "the Warden." His existence revolves around staring at guns and sometimes handing them out.

Don't subject someone to gun-watching. It's a terrible job.