Goonstation Forums
Body armor. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Bad threads / terrible or unusable ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Body armor. (/showthread.php?tid=395)

Pages: 1 2 3

Body armor. - Shoddy - 01-06-2013

Please let us put body armor on every exosuit. the ones i really want is body armor under coats and over spacesuits. the one with the coat is pretty much just for style, for example: spawning as security and wanting to look cool but you can't decide between swapping out your armor for looks or keeping some added protection. :P

Re: Body armor. - Klayboxx - 01-06-2013

There are a couple (one) of the exosuits that you can combine with body armor

Re: Body armor. - Shoddy - 01-06-2013

Yeah but that's hardly what it should be, the hardest to obtain of the suits has the option of body armor but, none of the others do?
I knew of the biosuit plus armor thing, but it really needs to be expanded on.

Re: Body armor. - kyle2143 - 01-06-2013

Yeah, I like this, but each armor-exosuit combination should have their own sprite so that it's easy to tell like it is with the bio suit. But I don't think that this should be used with space suits. Those already offer protection comparable to body armor, combining it would kind of make it OP.

Re: Body armor. - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-06-2013

Please let us combine that body armor with the Captain's armor. That is all I request.

Re: Body armor. - Klayboxx - 01-07-2013

FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Please let us combine that body armor with the Captain's armor. That is all I request.

B-but

Re: Body armor. - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-07-2013

Klayboxx Wrote:B-but

BUT NOTHING ADD THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Body armor. - Conor12 - 01-07-2013

But then the captain would be superfat.

I love makeshift items. Please add this to a few items.

Re: Body armor. - epicdwarf - 01-07-2013

We need to be able to store things in armor, trench coats, and lab coats.

Re: Body armor. - enforcer9 - 01-07-2013

epicdwarf Wrote:We need to be able to store things in armor, trench coats, and lab coats.
It would be cool if certain items (lapcoats, for example) gave you an extra pocket if worn. It would give them functionality and give people a reason to actually hang on to them, instead of taking them off on roundstart.

This way, I can store THREE beakers of infernite/thermite/napalm mix!

Re: Body armor. - Val - 01-09-2013

Conor12 Wrote:But then the captain would be superfat.

I love makeshift items. Please add this to a few items.

I once had an idea that would allow you to fabricate crude metal armor from metal sheets that would offer some minimal protection and slowed you the hell down. Then I realized it was a stupid idea and never brought it up, ever.

Re: Body armor. - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-09-2013

Val Wrote:I once had an idea that would allow you to fabricate crude metal armor from metal sheets that would offer some minimal protection and slowed you the hell down. Then I realized it was a stupid idea and never brought it up, ever.

The idea of an assistant welding two metal sheets to his body around his chest sounds hilarious

Re: Body armor. - APARTHEID - 01-09-2013

FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:
Val Wrote:I once had an idea that would allow you to fabricate crude metal armor from metal sheets that would offer some minimal protection and slowed you the hell down. Then I realized it was a stupid idea and never brought it up, ever.

The idea of an assistant welding two metal sheets to his body around his chest sounds hilarious

This is a metal sheet armor. Who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

(Protection to the chest, but maaan if you were to get tased while wearing that hunk of junk...)

Re: Body armor. - enforcer9 - 01-09-2013

APARTHEID Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:

This is a metal sheet armor. Who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

(Protection to the chest, but maaan if you were to get tased while wearing that hunk of junk...)
i approve of hobo armor

Re: Body armor. - V12US - 01-10-2013

The ability to use a bucket as a helmet, protecting the head, but it has a chance to get knocked off every time it gets hit.