Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerns with Mining (Both the department and Z-level)
Crumplehat Wrote:That's my biggest concern here. The move of the magnet to the station, and presumably its reassignment as the primary mining method, would make it a target, collateral or otherwise. One bomb hits that bastard and no more mining.
Not true. The mining fabricator can make magnet replacement parts which, while expensive, can be used on an empty magnet chassis to make a new magnet. The chassis should also be indestructible from anything short of a black hole. If a black hole DOES hit it you've probably got way more serious problems than the lack of a magnet.
ISaidNo Wrote:Not true. The mining fabricator can make magnet replacement parts which, while expensive, can be used on an empty magnet chassis to make a new magnet. The chassis should also be indestructible from anything short of a black hole. If a black hole DOES hit it you've probably got way more serious problems than the lack of a magnet.

So is this you confirming that you guys are taking out the mining z-level with cog 2? Or am I jumping the gun here?
I guess the admins can just close the thread.... Mining is gone. :/
Good fucking riddance.
Well this thread is about the department too, not just the z-level.
Think its possible to add some small, or medium sized asteroids to the debris z-level then? Since the "mining" base still exists we can still in cooperate the idea of having rarer ore asteroids out in a field that are more dangerous to mine then just needing to rely on the Ore Mag.

Now miners do have a new problem though. That fuckin ore mag is now a target for pretty much everyone. And people love blowing it up. Which makes mining utterly useless in a round after it's been bombed.
It can be fixed I believe.

Though with you on wanting more things running about in the Z-level.
You can make new magnets from the fabricator if the one blows up, just stick it in the magnet chassis

If the chassis is blown up then you probably have bigger issues to worry about
The chassis should be indestructible.
It looks like mining charges are doing a shit-ton of damage to the magnet stuff, miners keep using them and end up wrecking the whole exterior of the station as far up as the security booth.

ISN- do ore veins still work? I'd like to add those back to the debris belt asteroids, if that's okay with you.
Its not just the mining charges, its also dangerous explosive rock that might spawn. Hit it. Miner runs. blows up eastern side of the station.

Also. I don't know why people even use mining charges when a mining pod is much more efficient. Since we start with them for free and they are pretty durable.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:Its not just the mining charges, its also dangerous explosive rock that might spawn. Hit it. Miner runs. blows up eastern side of the station.

Also. I don't know why people even use mining charges when a mining pod is much more efficient. Since we start with them for free and they are pretty durable.
Explosives are fun
Cogwerks Wrote:It looks like mining charges are doing a shit-ton of damage to the magnet stuff, miners keep using them and end up wrecking the whole exterior of the station as far up as the security booth.

ISN- do ore veins still work? I'd like to add those back to the debris belt asteroids, if that's okay with you.

I think the easiest solution to that would be to move the capture region further away from the station by a bit.
That could work, might help with surviveability too - I can move it out on a long catwalk tether.
Cog since your around, check the bugs forum. I posted that you can't fix the ore mag access computer if it gets blown up. Think you can look into it?