Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trainee IDs
Captain_Bravo Wrote:As it stands, an HoP can quickly and easily give anyone any access they desire. Why in the name of fuck do you think that giving them purposefully-substandard ways of giving people more access would make them more likely not to fuck off to space?

Especially considering that one of the HoP objectives is literally "Fuck off into space"? That's retarded.
Chill. Take a Fukitol and relax before you get a rash. your aggressive state is not suitable for these forums... Oh wait... haha.
What I'm saying is even if you give this job to the HOP he will have more options and reason to do his job and not "Fukoffintospace" like the ass some players are.
Managing trainee's is the head of departments job but overlooking the persons progress and reliability/efficiency is the HOPs job, Like head of Security to security officer to law over the Captain's chain of command/what he says go's.
Captain: Overall Progress,
head of personal: Reliability/directing,
head of department: Supervise/Progress.
Is it wrong to ask for order in SS13? Maybe, but it makes more funny and fun stuff such as redirecting and evictions with the point of 'HEAD OF PERSONAL' and not "FUKIT.SPACETIMEWITHMYALLACCESSTOEVA'S."
By the way, Don't take miscreant or normal objectives seriously. They aren't necessarily what your job does or what they will EVER achieve in a round.
Listen, it's really simple. This thread is about finding a way to give heads more control over their department, and to give the station a few failsafes for when customs is out of commission. Whether that's due to bombs, murder, or the HoP fucking off to space, it doesn't matter. The purpose of this thread is not to find more shit to give the HoP, or to try to find a way to add things to that job. (Especially stupid, redundant things.) Feel free to make a thread for that purpose.

The stated goals here are

1) Give heads more control over their departments.
2) Give assistants more ways to get access
3) Give the station a little more redundancy
4) Do so in a way that doesn't render the HoP completely useless.

P.S. it's a bit schizophrenic to post a paragraph about how you think a job is supposed to be played and how you want more "order" in the game, and then immediately post again that the way the game tells you to play the job should be ignored. Maybe when trying to figure out how a job "should" be played, you should look at the fucking clues the game already has built in to it? Either way, that's probably another suggestion that would be better in it's own thread.
if you were to do the lanyards thing, would you color code them to the department? Like purple of med/sci, yellow for Engineering etc? And also, would it just be those two departments that get the IDs, or would you want to risk giving security the ability to have trainees? Like, all they could get is a flash and handcuffs i guess.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Listen, it's really simple. This thread is about finding a way to give heads more control over their department, and to give the station a few failsafes for when customs is out of commission. Whether that's due to bombs, murder, or the HoP fucking off to space, it doesn't matter. The purpose of this thread is not to find more shit to give the HoP, or to try to find a way to add things to that job. (Especially stupid, redundant things.) Feel free to make a thread for that purpose.

The stated goals here are

1) Give heads more control over their departments.
2) Give assistants more ways to get access
3) Give the station a little more redundancy
4) Do so in a way that doesn't render the HoP completely useless.

P.S. it's a bit schizophrenic to post a paragraph about how you think a job is supposed to be played and how you want more "order" in the game, and then immediately post again that the way the game tells you to play the job should be ignored. Maybe when trying to figure out how a job "should" be played, you should look at the fucking clues the game already has built in to it? Either way, that's probably another suggestion that would be better in it's own thread.
Meanwhile in In redundancy land and making jobs less useful for the sake of giving a different job the commission it already has for the sake of retaliation land. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Oh. Maybe even give some trainee cards to the Chef and Barman? Let the trainee serve the drinks while the Braman drinks and holds a Russian Roulette tournament.
I think this is a great idea. I like the idea that they're very limited too, like you have to swipe them on everything to get through. It doesn't take away from HoP's job at all imo. You would still have everybody rushing to him to get a more "user-friendly" ID. If I was MD/RD/etc. I wouldn't be giving them to any assistant that breaks in and asks for one. I'd either use it as a gift for someone that's being helpful or an upgrade for someone that I trust. I can think of a situation as MD, like a bomb has gone off and everyone is being pulled to medbay, an assistant next to you is healing someone and you give them a lanyard to go get more supplies from surgery or something. Seems pretty cool.

If there's one for sec then I guess you'd just have to trust your elected HoS to make the right choice Eek