Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Stop shuttles during Blob
At the end of a successful blob round I am usually exhausted from all the clicking and micromanagement. The shuttle being called is a mercy, and I would like to note that, if any blobs are alive and the shuttle docks at CentComm, it counts as a blob victory. The 500 tile thing? That'll end the round if all living blobs hit it, but that's not the only win condition.
(08-19-2020, 04:21 PM)Mouse Wrote: At the end of a successful blob round I am usually exhausted from all the clicking and micromanagement.  The shuttle being called is a mercy, and I would like to note that, if any blobs are alive and the shuttle docks at CentComm, it counts as a blob victory.  The 500 tile thing?  That'll end the round if all living blobs hit it, but that's not the only win condition.

Thing is, Pretty sure no one cares about win conditions other than the antag.
The thing is, all i'm saying is a blob round should not literally be a five minute timer from when the blob is spotted so the crew can cut it short. Not saying its hould be 2 hours or anything but at least 30 minutes? I don't know. There's a lot of people that hear "BLOB" and then the shuttle is called two minutes afterwards, so for the Blob player it's pretty lame and at least for me as a crew member it feels like a waste of my time.
People who call the shuttle so early on blob rounds do not deserve to play blob themselves. :I
Blob is rare and somehow people do not dare to call a shuttle on a Changeling round. Sometimes people wait weeks to play a Blob and it is just not nice to destroy an antags round without giving them a chance.

Blob still needs some re-work...so do gangs; but that should not imply that people just call the shuttle to skip these rounds.
There are folks that enjoy these gamemodes.
(08-19-2020, 12:37 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 09:06 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: We used to prevent shuttle calls during blob rounds. It was bad. IIRC it led to the win condition where the round automatically stops when the blob reaches their size goal or if all blobs have been destroyed. And if people fought the blob, it could take a really long time for them to meet their size goal, and it's just an extremely long battle of attrition where usually the blob wins it.

The current way isn't perfect, no doubt, but it's better than what it was. I wouldn't want to go back to it without having a replacement that's better than the current way. And preventing shuttle calls, definitely isn't better.

What about my suggestion kyle? The one where the win condition is the blob making it on the shuttle to the control panel to win and the stations win condition is making it out on the shuttle without the blob in the shuttle?

I think that this is fine. It could be good to codify this as a blob win or lose condition. I'm not sure on what the specifics should be since the right now iirc if the shuttle escapes and a blob is alive, then that's a blob win. I always considered it to be a symbolic victory if a blob puts a nucleus on the pilot's chair in the escape shuttle. And I think symbolic victory is more important than actual victory in ss13 at least.
How about making "Nucleus on the Chair" an optional mission that rewards you with double Spacebux or something?
Triple that.
I feel like this would just be /more/ incentive to call the shuttle early to prevent greentext.
That is a good point, some sort of gameplay mechanic to incentivise the crew to want to save the station over letting it get blobbed and just calling the shuttle would be nice, perhaps a big reward to the whole crew for defeating the blob?
I don't feel rewarding the crew for doing what they should already be doing is the right way to go. I don't want to start a thing where people just want to play to get rewarded somehow, Kinda how I felt when spacebux were added. Also the problems people have when they get angry for not getting a certain medal because they didn't make it out on the shuttle during disaster rounds because of admin funzies. That's not cool, they should have been having fun with the extra admin shenanigans but they got mad because they died from them and didn't get the special medal.
Disaster rounds are not so rare that one cannot get the medal a few days or even a few hours later.
(08-20-2020, 12:13 PM)GORE Wrote: Disaster rounds are not so rare that one cannot get the medal a few days or even a few hours later.

Yeah exactly.
Yeah - so people could realize that and not stress about not receiving a medal the first time around.
I mean...I never witnessed anybody being salty about not getting it the first time around anyway.
I think the best way to handle it is make it player context sensitive.

If a Blob wishes, they can prevent a shuttle call through their actions by choosing where they spawn and if they try to block it
Otherwise, just let a shuttle call commence like normal
What if Centcomm goes all Vault-Tec on us and decides to test the blobs/crew reactions? At a certain time limit, a random chem from a selected list starts releasing from the air vents in small areas. It continues for a time, then changes to a new area/chem. Would encourage blobs to use the never touched chem absorb ability and just add some random chaos to blobs. The crew could suddenly get boosted with meth, find the area full of radium, or just begin farting non-stop!