Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Stop shuttles during Blob
Essentially just the title. This isn't a very complex suggestion, but I really think Blob should get the same treatment as Revs. It's incredibly lame that when Blobs finally put up a bit of a fight the Crew will call the shuttle immediately, essentially cutting the entire round short. I enjoy fighting giant super strong blobs, and I also enjoy it when the Blob player isn't on a timer of 5 minutes after discovery to either die or shuttle.

The Blob already has an objective of covering a lot of the station, just have the round end either on Blob death, or when it covers most of the station, or the shuttle automatically calls when enough people are dead.

Force people to actually work together and fight the Blob instead of just deciding "It's a blob round I am calling shuttle and restarting." That's basically it. Here's an announcement draft similar to Rev.

ALERT

Level 7 Biohazard detected on station - Quarantine activated, the shuttle has been recalled.
Id prefer if after a certain amount of time passes during blob round that the station gets plasma bombarded by Centcom because they have to destroy the blob. Of course that would basically be putting a time limit on the blobs. Dunno really.
I agree in some aspects--When I see a blob I think "Might as well call shuttle now."
From a blob announcement crew would just mess around for 20 mins until shuttle is called--and it's barely making it out of maint.

Lately thanks to their buffs(?) they've been much deadlier, more of an in-your-face threat sliding down the halls to cut off escape.
Crew have been putting up walls/barricades to keep it at bay. Sporadic fighting occurs as it floods down the halls.
(A little more fun, Engineers/CWorkers are doing their job constructing walls and obstacles.)

I feel forcing a recall of any shuttle attempts is appropriate too.
Often blobs make it onto shuttle and will now spread to CENTCOMM.
Surely they wouldn't want that. On the other hand, lots of people can just go to space and escape the blob. So round won't end.
Maybe if like REVS, all heads must survive/stay on station to combat blob or Centcomm deems the station as a lost cause?
Obviously i'm not implying that Blob rounds should last 6 hours. The same way Rev rounds have a time limit if both sides don't manage to kill eachother should apply here as well. I'm just saying once Blob reaches its goal of uh, very big. It'll win. Cause that's most of the station anyways. End round. If the blob dies, round ends.

Essentially I just want the crew to actually stay around and fight the blob instead of just leaving. If the blob loses, the round lasted 10 minutes anyways. If it wins? Then it's kind of like a weird spooky horror movie where everyone runs around in a panic as it grows into the halls.

With blob being buffed - it's sill very beatable it's just no longer completely destroyed by something as simple as 5 people with extinguishers. I rather like it. Either way, I think we can agree balance aside that Blob rounds shouldn't just be ended by a shuttle call. (Random Event Blobs Excluded)
You know how blobs are able the sometimes get on the shuttle? That should prevent it from taking off. Likewise, if docking area is covered, it prevents it from docking.
There's already a shuttle delay on blob rounds which makes it so if the shuttle is called too soon it'll turn around until the proper time. We don't need to make it all or nothing.
I like the idea of the blob being on the shuttle stops it till the blob is either removed from the shuttle or the blob gets to the control panel and gunks it up and takes control of the shuttle. That should be a blob win. Controlling the shuttle to centcom.
Generally being on the shuttle as a blob is always a win because then you get to kill the humans trying to leave.
There is already a shuttle delay for blob rounds? I have honestly never noticed it is it only for the first 15 minutes? Shuttle being called 20 mins in is still pretty lame in my opinion.
We used to prevent shuttle calls during blob rounds. It was bad. IIRC it led to the win condition where the round automatically stops when the blob reaches their size goal or if all blobs have been destroyed. And if people fought the blob, it could take a really long time for them to meet their size goal, and it's just an extremely long battle of attrition where usually the blob wins it.

The current way isn't perfect, no doubt, but it's better than what it was. I wouldn't want to go back to it without having a replacement that's better than the current way. And preventing shuttle calls, definitely isn't better.
(08-18-2020, 12:31 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: There is already a shuttle delay for blob rounds? I have honestly never noticed it is it only for the first 15 minutes? Shuttle being called 20 mins in is still pretty lame in my opinion.

It is not uncommon for blobs to prepare the first ten minutes...before even beginning to spawn at coordinated locations.

I'd rather see a shuttle delay begin; from the point on - the first blob decides to spawn in.
Surely that would bring up other problems...but imagine you communicate with your blob mate - talk a game-plan...then you spawn in at 12 minutes...and not even ten minutes later the shuttle has been called and is just a minute away from arriving.
(08-18-2020, 09:06 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: We used to prevent shuttle calls during blob rounds. It was bad. IIRC it led to the win condition where the round automatically stops when the blob reaches their size goal or if all blobs have been destroyed. And if people fought the blob, it could take a really long time for them to meet their size goal, and it's just an extremely long battle of attrition where usually the blob wins it.

The current way isn't perfect, no doubt, but it's better than what it was. I wouldn't want to go back to it without having a replacement that's better than the current way. And preventing shuttle calls, definitely isn't better.

What about my suggestion kyle? The one where the win condition is the blob making it on the shuttle to the control panel to win and the stations win condition is making it out on the shuttle without the blob in the shuttle?
What's to stop the crew from calling it as soon as they see a blob so it can't come aboard?
(08-19-2020, 12:44 PM)DJ-Fireball_did_this Wrote: What's to stop the crew from calling it as soon as they see a blob so it can't come aboard?

I mean they already kinda do this.
And that's a bad thing.