Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap Interactive Coordinate Map
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:You don't see the repercussions of an app like this, do you? With this an AI can grab someone off with telescience without any effort.

If the AI has normal laws then it's a job ban. If it's rogue then lol, sucks to be you Mr play2winshitlord.
...Not wanting the AI to be able to easily get away with telescience slaughter makes him a "play2winshitlord"? Seriously, I don't understand you people anymore, what the fuck is this shit?

the whole point of telescience is that its supposed to be a big challenge for traitorous deeds. not wanting the ai to be able to teleport people into the engine or space or something super easily by itself is not play2winshitlord. victor is just being a jerk i guess.

actually, itd probably be hard for the ai to even USE the telescience computer to be mean with. it'd have to work with a mining borg or human to be able to figure out the maths for the coordinates, which probably isnt too likely if its rogue.
Yeah and how many times has the AI gotten away with telescience slaughter since the map went up? How about you idiots wait and see if any of the insane shit you think is going to happen actually happens before you get your panties twisted? Jesus.
jflan17 Wrote:Yeah and how many times has the AI gotten away with telescience slaughter since the map went up? How about you idiots wait and see if any of the insane shit you think is going to happen actually happens before you get your panties twisted? Jesus.
Again, you're throwing insults and whatnot out like it's some massive deal. Please, calm yourself. We're saying that it's giving away half of a job. It's somewhat like giving away chemistry recipes.
It's not giving away half a job in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER

any retard could wander the station and map every single co-ordinate, it takes a fucking long time and this is something that does it for us

it doesn't do the math for us
it doesn't even give away other z-levels

you are literally whining about an ease-of-life addition outside of the game that anyone could do with a day to spare that has zero effect bar making telescience less boring
Weavel Wrote:any retard

hey jackass don't do this
The AI would have a very hard time using this since it has no way of putting a GPS on the pad and reading it. If it had a mining Borg helping then maybe but the mining Borg would probably end up using it to teleport around itself. Since Borgs aren't all seeing I don't think this map is a big deal. Also, if this is going on and the AI is rouge then cut the wires to the computer, problem solved.
I dont see why everyone is making a big deal out of this. A guy/gal decided to make something cool that would help them a little, and they wanted to share it with the community. That is a GOOD thing. People doing things to get involved with the community is almost ALWAYS a good thing. So everyone should just chill.
Aaaaaand the award for the dumbest shit around the forums goes to...

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:You don't see the repercussions of an app like this, do you? With this an AI can grab someone off with telescience without any effort.

If the AI has normal laws then it's a job ban. If it's rogue then lol, sucks to be you Mr play2winshitlord.
Well after that one round where someone killed the AI with a lion I really think we could use more telescience shenanigans. If you're really worried about cheap kills then make it harder to teleport moving people or something.
it is already stupid hard to teleport moving people
Alright, look, here's the bottom line. Setting up the engine is boring. Researching things for genetics every round is boring. But it doesn't take long, and then you can do the fun stuff. Figuring out the station's coordinates isn't even boring, as I recall several shenanigans I got into while trying to find the ones I needed back on Mushroom. You only have to do it once and you can get a list of the most important sites to you. This, however, removes the need to do any of that because you just click 10 to 13 times and you have all the coordinates you need. It removes half of the job, and I really, really don't think it belongs on these forums. If you make it for yourself, that's fine, it means that you have an understanding of how the coordinates work and have made your own thing, which took time and effort. Giving it away to everyone else is pretty shitty though. It is incredibly comparable to giving away chemistry recipes, as it takes away half of the work of the job, is something that once you find it you just write it down and have it forever, and can be dangerous if put in the right or wrong hands. So yeah, please get rid of this shit. Keep it to yourself.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Alright, look, here's the bottom line. Setting up the engine is boring. Researching things for genetics every round is boring. But it doesn't take long, and then you can do the fun stuff. Figuring out the station's coordinates isn't even boring, as I recall several shenanigans I got into while trying to find the ones I needed back on Mushroom. You only have to do it once and you can get a list of the most important sites to you. This, however, removes the need to do any of that because you just click 10 to 13 times and you have all the coordinates you need. It removes half of the job, and I really, really don't think it belongs on these forums. If you make it for yourself, that's fine, it means that you have an understanding of how the coordinates work and have made your own thing, which took time and effort. Giving it away to everyone else is pretty shitty though. It is incredibly comparable to giving away chemistry recipes, as it takes away half of the work of the job, is something that once you find it you just write it down and have it forever, and can be dangerous if put in the right or wrong hands. So yeah, please get rid of this shit. Keep it to yourself.

[Image: ngbbs4e585e74c929e.jpg]
BlackPhoenix Wrote:incredibly comparable to giving away chemistry recipes

haha no it is not even in the slightest

it is something anyone who can read could do in their spare time
Weavel Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:incredibly comparable to giving away chemistry recipes

haha no it is not even in the slightest

it is something anyone who can read could do in their spare time
You're doing that "any retard" shit again, first off. So you should quit that. Second off, just about anyone can mix a load of chemicals together and write down what mixes with what to make what in their spare time as well. You still don't give away the recipes, because more than half of the job is experimenting.
The hard part of telescience is supposed to be figuring out the equation, not walking around the map with a piece of paper and space GPS.
Stop comparing an investment of logic, experimentation and resource gathering to walking around with a GPS in your hand.
And seriously, chem is hardly 'mix a load of chems together' anymore. Stop acting like people didn't work to figure out those recipes.